Disk Buildup

mase

alright, this is my first time using torrents.. I was downloading [something], which is around 3.45GB.. I finally downloaded it which took a few days.. I went to install it, and says I have no disk space left! I had over 20 gigs left on my C drive before i downloaded it.. I looked in uTorrent program and it uploaded about 19GB.. Howcome it did that? I only downloaded 3.45gb.. i need help =(

The amount uploaded have nothing to do with the size of the torrent or the amount downloaded. It just uploads until you stop it.

You could do a search on C:\ for files bigger than 45 MB that was edited this day. You should be able to find the things using your HDD space then.

ok I will check that out.. yeah and i understand that uploading won't build up my HDD.. we'll see what I find.. and to regards of what I downloaded.. It contains 7 Winrar files (UT2004), and should I be putting those on Cd's or DVD's? They are under .ISO and from what I understand thats a DVD thing.. soo is putting them on a DVD and then installing from there the best?

edit: alright thanx for the info =\ great help here

edit2: and when u guys re-direct a post to another forum, make sure you notify the person. That was pretty rude

Edit button's there for a reason, try using it instead of triple posting.

im not as stupid as you think, i know there is a stupid little edit button, but i decided not to use it and post 3 messages.. have a problem with that? thats what i thought.. usually these forums come with some pretty cool people and all i have been coming up around with are idiots..

Erm, his name is right on the edited post (hint: Firon). Please refrain from name-calling. There is a problem with triple-posting: it's annoying. It shows you lack forum etiquette. I get the feeling you're going to say "I don't care" or something to that effect, but you know what? Moderators are here to make sure that things go well in the forum.

Edit: I see you edited that part about coward out...

Yep, it is.

- Please avoid language which can be deemed offensive to other users.
Discussions about downloading copyrighted material is highly discouraged, and under no circumstances are links or specifics to be brought up. Examples of this include talking about what you downloaded a few days ago on KaZaa, what you're downloading using BitTorrent currently, or what you're trying to download (even if it's a problem you're asking about). Linking to such content, as vurlix said, is not permitted.

[...]

-Please don't double post

-Please don't bump threads.

Forum Content Rules

Good to see you're "not stupid" and didn't read the stickies like a good little boy.

PS: these are general etiquette rules that are good for just about EVERY forum

@mase: Wow you talk about moving threads from one forum to another without notification as rude, but you seem to be behaving hypocritically. Nice job. Be on your way now. (BTW, I don't understand what decision we have to make. I for one could care less what you do, you just make yourself look like a fool. As for working on the website... I don't see where that comes into play anywhere in the discussion. If you can't read italics, then you must have a problem, and should probably be the one crying.)

@Firon: lol I saw your mistakes as you corrected them xD

well, if you had full access to HTML, you basically give complete control to the user, i believe they could then use script to spawn popup windows and all sorts of stuff if they were so inclined...

the idea behind bbcode is that it is totally separate from HTML, but there is no reason that you can't just code your PHP to reject all tags except a few, and that would be a lot better IMO (this is how they do it on Slashdot)

There's no difference (talking about security) between </> and [/] if you just convert the < and > to < and > first. It would require a bit more of the CPU though so it's unnecessary.

Um, what?

If you convert <> to <>, then you don't have an HTML tag. I imagine that a script that searches for all text between <>s, and replaces <>s with <> unless the content is b, u or i would use up roughly the same amount of system resources on the server..

Archived