Bug with 1.3?

Antares

Before whenever I clicked on a torrent file UTorrent automatically opened it, but right now it doesn't. I tried downloading 3 different files and only one of them opened automatically with UT, while I had to save the other two and open them, and one of them still didn't open.

in Windows, go to Tools->Folder Options->File Types

Erase your TORRENT file extension, close the windows, launch utorrent.

It should ask you if you want to associate utorrent with torrents, say yes.

Also, in utorrent, when you go to the Options->Preferences menu, is the "associate with .torrent files" button greyed out?

It doesn't help.

Also, in utorrent, when you go to the Options->Preferences menu, is the "associate with .torrent files" button greyed out?

Yes it is.

Where is Windows?

Same problem here..

When clicking on a torrent file to download from a tracker it doesn't automatically open the client. I also use firefox's browser.. when I get the pop-up to open or save the torrent file, I choose open(w/ utorrent)and it just hangs. I have the default association already set to utorrent and deleted my old client..

For now I'm just saving the torrent file, and manually opening it with the client.

I used to have this problem with Azureus (trying to open a torrent directly from Firefox 1.07) - i had to save it and manually open it. Today i upgraded to Firefox 1.5 and switched to utorrent at the same time, and my problem went away. I'm not sure why this happened with Azureus, but I recommend trying going to Firefox's Tools menu -> Options -> Downloads -> View & Edit Actions button. Then erase anything associated with torrents. If that's an option....

Sorry if this doesn't help :( Just trying to come up with an idea.

PS. I think people are confusing the threads.

This thread is about utorrent not launching when people try to open torrents directly from the browser.

The multiple instance of utorrent thread is:

http://forum.utorrent.com/viewtopic.php?id=3164

seems my file associations are Ok...

running the torrent from a temp folder (choosing open from the pop-up on the fire fox browser) doesn't start up utorrent at all for me. My firefox download window just hangs..

saving the torrent file to disc, then clicking the torrent file opens utorrent, but I get the following error "unable to load response file"

adding the torrent from the client, is the only way it is working for me.

firon, neither browser or association is the problem, because even people who have made the association correctly + those that has this problem, they have used IE, Firefox and Opera.

So what ever is causing this problem for some people, is still a mystery.

Maybe we should create a new(but temporary) section in the forum,

where we create a thread that people should post:

* What OS they use

* All drivers they use

* All the programs they use

We must find something common with those that has this problem.

Hey guys i also have this bug where a new instance is start everytime. But I also found out that this bug exist only from version 1.2.3b build 358 and above. Build 356 is not affect and i have downgrade to that since then. I am surprise the bug was still not fixed in 1.3. Hope it is fixed soon.

i seem to be having no problems using the latest version except that my upload speed has droped tremedously .. i've checked with an internet speed test site and i still have all my speed it's just that nobody seems to be conecting to take from me once i've download the file 100%

usind win xp pro english

seeding time set to 36 hours

cable with one mbit up 10 down

• 2 weeks later...

Archived