Hostname not found

BiKICE

I use µTorrent for many years, but now I have a problem. I have updated my utorrent version to 1.7.6. Since then no tracker/hostname could be found. I have tested several versions (even the 1.8 Beta) but no version could find a tracker. The downloads could finish through the DHT-network. But the ALT-downloads have no connection. µTorrent Port Checker says that the port is open (49252). Could anyone help me?

THx BiKICE

Windows Vista x86

T-Online

Germany (sorry for the english ;) )

I use Kaspersky Internet Security. I have turned it off even the one from Windows. And I have no problems with Firefox or the Internet Explorer.

I don't think that 4 different trackers changed their hostname.

Now I have repaired my connection, but nothing changed.

Before I updated µTorrent I have nothing changed in the options or my network configuration...

THx BiKICE

PS: Do you mean the trackers with the "referenced" servers?

same thing appened to me. as soon as i updated utorrent i always receive that error even if i try to add a torrent from url.

my system is ok, all ports are forward correctly. everything was working fine until the update.

azureus works fine but i dont want azureus i love utorrent lol

Had exactly the same problem earlier today and guessed that Kaspersky was my problem even though the firewall was disabled. Turned on firewall, deleted all utorrent rules and I was up and running again.

Kaspersky just keeps disappointing me - occasionally the firewall (even though its turned off) will completely block Firefox or IE so I have to enable the firewall, delete the relevant rules and then disable it again. I guess now its getting a taste for utorrent too.

Hello, i use Sygate Personal Firewall and updated today to 1.7.6, with exactly the same problem. Thankfully, i found this topic and tried the uncompressed exe.

Now i get no more "hostname not found" errors. Utorrent couldn't also reach the update server when i tried to update it again.

Thanks very much for the tip. Tho I bet many more people are having these problems and unaware of the solution.

edit: for more info

I run Windows 2000

firewall: Sygate Personal Pro 5.6

Archived