HTTP 400 error with NOD32? Look here!

Firon

IMON is now called Web Access Protection - same thing, but works a bit better because it doesn't add an LSP to your Winsock stack. Version 2.x added an LSP to your Winsock stack which affected a lot of programs including DirectPlay, etc. With 3.x they have changed this to a passive feature that watchs what goes through the LSPs instead of mapping their own LSP. Note that iTunes/QuickTime/Safari is causing problems with some software as it adds mdnsNSP to the list of LSPs. IMO any software that adds a layer to winsock is just begging for too many customer complaints.

Anywayz, just make sure that uTorrent isn't selected as a browser by going to the advanced setup in Nod32->Web Access Protection->HTTP->Web Broswers and Nod32->Web Access Protection->HTTP->Web Broswers->Active Mode (Same thing that SandBoy pointed out, but do make sure you check active mode as well) then log off (no need to restart if you are a massive uptime fanatic like me) and log in (3.x only works with WinXP bases, 2K3 and Vista bases so all changes required are performed at Log Off). This actually clears up 99% of the browsing problems associated with Nod32 and/or Smart Security. Most of all, though, if you are using 2.x with XP, Server 2K3, Vista or Server 2K8 - dump it and get the free update to 3.x - it gets rid of the proprietary LSPs and fixes a LOT of problems.

I had the same issue.

I upgraded to uTorrent 1.8 build 11813. After which my torrents stopped downloading. Looking at the Tracker information on the Trackers Tab the Status showed "HTTP 400 Error". This had worked prior to the update.

NOD32 was also running on my PC, however I was running an older version of NOD. I removed NOD32 to update to version 3.x and the uTorrent Tracker was able to connect without reboot.

My old version of NOD was out of Date, and nagging for me to buy again as my subscription was a few days pass due. Do not know if that Added to the issue or not.

I am now running the new 64bit NOD version 3.0.667.0 and uTorrent is downloading again.

I believe this is a conflict with the old NOD32 2.7x version and uTorrent.

I Hope this helps.

I had NOD32 Antivirus afterwords my operation system stack after few weeks. I formated hard dysk and installed XP again. after installation of mikrotorrent I've recived message: that was a bug in NOD32 that causes HTTP 400 errors and resolves the trackers permanently offline issue. Can anybody give an advice??

• 2 weeks later...

Guyz..,

I have a similar issue with utorrent where I get a tracker "offline (timed out)" status and all the uploads and downloads have a red icon after sometime of full speed downloading. If I were to download at a low speed (<10-15Kb/s) everthing is fine. If it is faster then after a while I would not be able to access the net. Ping also would not work.

I'm using ESET Smart Security 3.0.566.0 and ZoneAlarm 5.5.xx. When this happened I would restart the DNS Client service and everything would return to normal.

I thought it would be ZoneAlarm because I have the utorrent unchecked in active mode and web browsers in ESET.

So now I disabled ZoneAlarm and install Ashampoo Firewall and I still see that all trackers timeout at one but in a few minutes (<5) everything is green again. Is that what happens?

I am using utorrent 1.8 and I now thinking that utorrent might try to update the tracker more often if the tracker is offline then the usual 20 mins odd.

Any thought?

Regards.

I can tell you for sure that zone alarm is not running because I have stopped the startup item and also disabled the service. More over I am using a old version that I don't think you would be very hard to disable.

However I will uninstall it and check how things workout and let you know.

Edit: Looks like the culprit was ZoneAlarm. I removed it and install the Ashampoo firewall and now everything is working fine. However I was using a very old version of zonealarm that might have been the issue. Will try with a newer version sometime.

Looks like my issue hasn't been resolved after all... I uninstall Zone Alarm which would cause frequent conntivity problems when utorrent is running. What exactly used to happen is: After utorrent running for about an hour or two the internet connection would go off. utorrent would not be able to connect to the trackers and would show offline (timed out) but would continue to tansfer data but the browser would not work either and ping would says couldnot connect to host. So I would restart the DNS client service and everything would work fine after that.

Now what happens is (with Ashampoo Firewall) the trackers would go offline and would start working after about 5mins I don't really know if this is a issue with firewall.

Yesterday a strange thing happened - all trackers went offline and then never started working but I would be able to browse and do everything else. DHT also works so I would never know what was going on unless I opened utorrent.

As I have already mentioned I'm using ESET Smart Security 3.0.566.0 and PeerGuardian2. I am paranoid about viruses and security so I don't like disabling anything for extended amounts of time (You'll never understand what I mean unless you've had a virus wipe out half you computer when you had a antivirus installed but disabled).

I would like to disable ESET for some time to check if that was the cause of the problem but it can't be unloaded or disabled. The darn thing always runs! That's why I like it ! :-( :-)

Well, I don't like betas :-(

I had a bad experience with 1.8 beta that I thought I would never upgrade to any newer version again but after looking at 1.8 I couldn't resist.

If it really fixes the problem I'll continue to use it But I will not download it unless I have a problem with this again. Right now I am testing with Ashampoo and ESET with PG2 disabled. If I can't figure out what is causing the issue then I'll try 1.8.1.

As I said I can't repro so this might take sometime. Anyway I keep everyone updated.

Right now I am testing with Ashampoo and ESET with PG2 disabled.

Ashampoo and ESET simultaneously? You shold not be using overlapping security softwares simultaneously -- you're only asking for trouble by doing so.

Also, are you even getting the HTTP 400 error? If not, this probably belongs in its own troubleshooting thread.

I am not getting the http 400 error. I posted it here because there are so many threads talking about ESET and utorrent, I didn't think you needed another one. Moreover it had the same symptoms. I am using ESET but ESET Smart Security doens't have a firewall. Now I think it is happening because of ESET because it happened with ESET and ZoneAlarm and now with ESET and Ashampoo. I will have to uninstall ESET to disable it and if it fixes the issue what do I do? (It's not a silly question when you have only 256MB RAM. Yeah I am upgrading soon but till then?)

ESET is tiny. PCCillin, Norton, McAfee would need all of my ram for itself. Old versions don't get updates. Anyway I am very close to figuring this out so I think I'll post the results right here if it is alright with you?

Update: Ok. It happened again. I closed and reopened utorrent and it was working fine for about 15-20 minutes and then the tracker went offline. I added utorrent back to the Exclusions list in ESET to check if it would really make a difference.

P.S. When I had zone alarm I wouldn't be able to browse at now but now I am.

After 15-20 mins the trackers went offline again but now are connecting automatically without me doing anything. Looks like I was running two of utorrents worst enemies along with it. Just to make sure that the problem is indeed ESET I will try to run utorrent without Ashampoo and let y'all know.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok after numerous errros I was finally able to access this thread. So here's the update on the situation: Uninstalling ESET Smart Security worked. I am still using utorent 1.8 with Ashampoo firewall and peerguardian and everything seems to be working fine.

• 8 months later...

Thank you sandboy

"Open NOD32 and go to Advanced options (F5). Then go to Antivirus and antispyware -> Web access protection -> HTTP -> Web browsers and uncheck Utorrent. Reboot the computer."

This worked a treat mate, I didn't need to reboot the computer BTW.

AuSphinx

Archived