Complaint

yarray

I signed up for the lifetime offer which it said would give me unlimited access to downloading material of interest.

It was not apparent that once i had handed my money over that the process of setting up my computer to be able to get "what it said on the tin" is EXTREMELY complicated. Even the "HELP" section and other websites that tried to offer some assitance were equally complicated.

You did NOT mention that it was so technical in your selling package.

I could not find any link to email you directly.

I would certainly like to cancel my payment to you as i feel i have been dupped!

Will NOT recommend utorrent to any of my friends..

Congratulations, you are one of many users who has been duped by a third party into buying something that is free.

We are NOT the ones that have your money. We are NOT the ones that charge for support.

Whatever site you "bought" uTorrent from ripped you off, not us.

Complaining to us is complaining to people who didn't do any ripping off.

These website sprout up and disappear like mushrooms. There really isn't much Bittorent, Inc can do without actually reserving a budget for combating these practices. Since µtorrent is free I don't see that happen.

In most cases its legally grey anyway (they fine print pretty much always state you are only buying access to a website with help information etc). And quite frankly it isn't really up to Bittorent, Inc to stop people from their own mistakes. If possible you call your CC company to revoke the payment and you knock it up to a lesson well learned. You have to do research, or at least some probing, before you buy anything online and ALWAYS read the fine print.

I brought it up because of the infringing on the brand name and likeness, which are protected in the EU and USA last I checked... as well as other countries which honor said trademarks. Sure it takes time if you actually devote resources to it, but to turn a blind eye to it is to let the wound fester, as it were. I fully agree those who expect something and get nothing deserve to learn the lesson once. However wouldn't it be nice if for each person who at least notices the problems and then sees the links here can click on something to contribute to try keeping even ONE more person going to that site and wasting money. The one I reported asked for CC #s of course (some I'd imagine don't), which can be countered by most carriers I know of... so you can usually get your money back. It's still a hassle whereby being able to keep more people from dealing with it in the future I believe should be at least entertained.

As I said. That requires a budget. And I don't see the logic in it. Companies mostly act with continuity and profit in mind. This (abusing logo's and misleading random people) doesn't really threaten either (yet) so spending money on it might be 'nice' but its not a sound decision right now. Especially if you take a look at the cost versus rewards. Sure you can start 'Your usage of our logo is infringement' letters but without the legal backing and decent grounds that is pretty much bluffing.

wow i cant believe all the ppl that are paying for µtorrent.

that just tells you how good of a program it is if ppl are selling a free program.

ya im sure theres fine print about your not buying the program just the tech support.

if you put it on your cc and there not supporting it report it to your cc ppl.

they can do a charge back.

Archived