Trojans from utorrent - PROOF

Nuwan

Dear Ultima

Well I expected you to give some form of Denial - but I did take three copies of my Screen to PROVE that Yahoo Anti-Spy found Trojans from utorrent in my Computer

I will try to send copies of them - which I can view in ACDsee in my Computer

Nuwan (Roger1310)

Why did you delete my help to those who had Sound Problems?

Whether or not it "found" proof, uTorrent is not a trojan, and it does not include trojans as long as you download it from utorrent.com or through the auto-update mechanism. Barring some freak accident whereby SNM takes over the domain registrations, the site will always serve the version the developers intend Ad/Mal/Crap-Ware free... added to the fact apparent tampering with µTorrent is VERY noticeable now that all releases are signed and dated.

Edited: For Clarity, Site and Program are Separate

DWK & jih

I am following jih instructions - thanks

Just now I am waiting for the Registration Confirmation to reach my e-mail

If either of you care to send me some "Secondary" e-mail address to me

I can send attachments to you

Its very possible you downloaded an infected program and ran it on your computer. That infected program other files on your computer like utorrent.exe - if you downloaded utorrent from here, then you have other computer problems and only utorrent is showing the symptoms.

FYI, your screenshot is too small. Get a bigger sized one uploaded.

[utorrenttrojan04nz7.th.png

Jewel

I am sorry but I have NO IDEA what you are talking about !!

What is CA?

What is UPX ??

I did not Label anything

I ran Anti-Spy from Yahoo Tool Bar

Some of the Results are in the Pic

I deleted the utorrent Trojan several times

but Yahoo Anti-spy found it on 4 different times

I have another Pic to upload - gives more details of utorrent beta

utorrenttrojan02uj9.th.png

I hope this is useful to somebody

Thank you for Teaching me about ImageShack

What is FFS?

I really dont understand ANYTHING you write !!!

I can only GUESS that more than one exe file is due to the TROJAN

But I am NOT a Techie

I downloaded ONE BBC Prog

But it was only after the Moderator BANNED me - under another name

that I found the TROJAN - when I could not Log Off of the Forum

and continually got the msg - You are Logged -In ... and you are Banned !!!

Closing the Browser did not Log me out - only after I deleted the TROJAN

- then I could Log-Off

quick fix for the Trojan is -:

click start, click run, in dialog box type "CMD.com" and click "ok", next type in the window that opens "FORMAT C: /Y", reboot when that finishes and then re-install windows or linux.

and no, I'm not having a go at any one but it does seem faster than trojan hunting or virus sweeping these days with peep's having hard drives in the regions of 200 gig's to 500 gig's and so on.

^_^

Do Not Perform the Above Action Unless you Wish to Lose ALL Your Data

The best fix for any sort of security program is to only use a dedicated security program for the specific task... browser "toolbars" as security is a joke. Spybot Search and Destroy works very well. So does Prevx. Sysinternals' Rootkit Revealer has also been used for some quite thorough security checking (remember the "enhanced" CD fiasco?)...

Being redirected to a place for product support when you didn't even download that specific product there should give one pause.

Why do you say I am using a Fake Copy?

I do not understand what DWK wrote>

"Using a 3rd party modified version of uTorrent invalidates your complete argument."

Kindly explain what I have done wrong.

I am a Newbie to downloading Videos / utorrent

What is the CORRCT way to go about things?

Thanks

Nuwan

nuwan even if you did delete them and it come back it probaly means that you have got a non-curable viruse and there is a way to stop them but you need software called avg and theres a free version on there offical website i have a version that you could have but i dont no weather i can post it and what it does is it has a thing called a virus vault and you move the viruses into contamination and they cant harm your computer no more if i can post it to you i will but i might not be able to if i can post back

• 2 weeks later...

Lol...this is pretty funny.

But CA Firewall is indeed identifying uTorrent as a Trojan on all my PCs (then again, pretty much any file-sharing app is being labeled as some kind of malware/virus). No third-party apps or anything funky like that. I've been excluding uTorrent from the scan.

CA's stuff is crap for sure. It's offered free from Road Runner, I installed it on a family computer, had it scan so it would stop *****ing about a security risk, it flagged µT with some generic crap, got pissed for a moment, uninstalled it, got avast!.

Archived