Azureus 2.3.0.6 DHT

ICleolion

I'm currently connected to and downloading from 3 Azureus 2.3.0.6 DHT peers on a torrent that i have never been able to connect to the tracker. Looking at the changelog for the latest version of Azureus, is it correct to assume that Azureus's and UTorrent's DHT's are now compatible?

I know it doesn't specifically state support for Mainline DHT in the changelog, but a few changes/fixes to its DHT were stated in the changelog. I'm just looking for reasons why i can download off these peers, despite us supposedly being incompatible. And considering all three users are using the latest version of Azureus, i thought it might be something to do with those changes made.

Judging by the changelogs, the DHT changes were only for its own implementation. Adding support for the mainline client is a major thing, and it definitely wouldn't go unlisted in the "What's new" page.

Edit: About for the Azureus supporting Mainline DHT... It appears that it was just a rumor (or at least according to this IRC chat log).

• 1 month later...

So BitComet and Azureus can peer exchange with each other, but µTorrent can't?

EDIT: Sorry for the silly questions, I was just a bit confused on this. So Azureus supports peer exchange with it's own clients, (+ others?) and µTorrent supports peer exchange with it's own, but both can collect peers of other clients and forward them on as well.

If for example, BitSpirit added support for Azureus' peer exchange, while supporting Mainline's DHT, wouldn't it be possible for peer exchange to spread peers from one DHT system to the other?

So that's how come Az clients were connecting to me on a torrent with a dead tracker this past night. I was puzzled because I know Az DHT is not supported here. This is good news in a way because it means we get everybody as long as we have a couple Bitcomet guys in the swarm.

Archived