can hackers hack your computer via utorrent webui

mikeiechan

can hackers hack your computer via utorrent webui

i was wounder if hackers can hack your computer via utorrent webui,cause when i was downloading something from a private tracker site,i got this message

http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/7156/utorrentcu1.png

if you want to download from a private tracker,you would need a username and password,can any expert look at the picture and tell me whats happening

Did that IP correspond to any of the peers in the list for the site? I'm presuming it doesn't correspond to your external IP. Or the site's IP?

I'm not sure if hacking the uT is an appropriate word... and I don't know about any exploits causing remote access privilege elevation, the main exploits reported/patched in uT relate to crashing the client. The webui was patched for file access outside the storage dir...

So what I'd do if that was the only torrent you've run... pop the administrators a note asking if others have reported rogue access requests.

Hack your computer? No

Hack your µtorrent? Yes

Hackers could bruteforce, man-in-the-middle, lucky guess your webui password if you have it enabled. This is NOT real easy. But if you want to protect yourself from that use the restricted to IP functionality in the webui tab. If you don't need the webui then don't enable it.

• 1 month later...

this is today,the same thing is happening all over again,this time is even worse,i have close webui,i dont what iam doing wrong

http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb310/mikeiechan/why.jpg

please help me out here,if you need to ask me a question about anything,just ask,as i dont want to lose my accnt on the private tracker site

• 2 weeks later...

different message

it all the same message

banned 192 405 583 (example ip address)

so on,with 7-10 more but with different ip address

why would u need to look at the background for

iam just downloading a torrent,that all

if those message dosent relete to webui,what does it relete to

read what firon told me to do

Well the "Banned IP address" message happens when people send you bad data. However on that kind of a distribution, I'd first be sure now that your torrent is legitimate and/or how many peers are left compared to what YOU SEE in your client versus the tracker/index site you used to download it.

In 1.8 you can specify which messages to show... so I'd simply tell you to turn on misc. messages + WebUI in verbose and error and you'll see webui related messages.

Well the "Banned IP address" message happens when people send you bad data. However on that kind of a distribution, I'd first be sure now that your torrent is legitimate and/or how many peers are left compared to what YOU SEE in your client versus the tracker/index site you used to download it.

iam downloading from a private tracker site,so how can people be sending me bad data,can you explain the whole thing more clearer

In 1.8 you can specify which messages to show... so I'd simply tell you to turn on misc. messages + WebUI in verbose and error and you'll see webui related messages.

how do i do this?

Archived