where is my search engine drop down menu?

dfarns

I just installed v1.8 and the most useful item has disappeared. The drop down menu that listed the search engines has vanished. There is a search engine window where I can type in the search item, and there is a magnifying glass on the right side of this window...but when I click on it the search goes to one specific website, and I have no choice in the matter.

Looking under Preferences/UI Extras, I see the names of about 7 or 8 searches, all the ones I had before on a different computer (piratebay, mininova, etc...) but there is no drop down menu anymore so I can't chose any of these.

Is there a way to bring this back...or should I just go back to v1.77?

dan

• 1 month later...

Firon...sorry to take so long to reply...

If you'll read my first message initiating this thread, you'll see that the search engines from the previous version have been added, they are there under Preferences/UI Extras. The problem is that there is no drop down menu, no drop down arrow. When I click on the magnifying glass it takes me to some web site called tvRSS. I just deleted tvRSS from the UI Extras, and now clicking on the magnifying glass takes me nowhere.

If this is the first time this has ever happened, and there is no solution, then I guess I go back to 1.77. What do you think?

BTW, click here to see an screenshot of utorrent 1.8 missing the dropdown arrow.

utorrent18screenshot814sw9.th.jpg

Hope this works, I've never used imageshack.us before.

John

John

Hi i have a problem and as i am new to this please bear with me, in my search box it only comes up with Google and bittorrent all the rest are not there, and i noticed on another email it says that i need to add them i have no idea how to do this, can some one help me or email me to blossy01@tpg.com.au thanks

Archived