1.8 crashes router, 1.7.7 doesnt

gomp

As topic says I was using 1.7.7 for weeks with no problems on router whatsoever, even under heavy conditions with max connections set to 500 and 20 upload slots.

I upgraded to 1.8, the conditions were much lighter, only 4 upload slots per torrent (total 12 on 3 torrents), only seeding as I finished downloading so much less active connections. Upload also capped lower for good measure. Within 10 minutes the router crashed and rebooted itself, it then did it 5 more times in a row over the next 20 minutes before I stopped utorrent and investigated it. On the router I have now massively reduced the udp timeout for nat sessions, it seems on 1.8 udp nat sessions randomly shoot up to about 600 far exceeding my max limit set in utorrent which is currently now set to 75 per torrent and 150 global max. But thankfully now with my lower timeout (30 seconds) they also go down fast and the router has stopped rebooting.

For good measure I tried out 1.7.7 again for a bit and the same thing doesnt happen.

Any ideas? thanks

I will see if I can manually fetch 1.8.1 was it released very recently? I only installed 1.8 yesterday, if I click check for updates it says unable to contact utorrent server. :(

--update below--

ok running latest 1.8.1 beta now and it still does it, I have tracked it down further its to do with dht network. When dht disabled it doesnt happen, dht enabled on 1.7.7 doesnt do this.

this is stats from router with max connections set to 150 in utorrent.

TCP : 56 sessions, Default Timeout 300 Seconds

UDP : 504 sessions, Default Timeout 30 Seconds

Others : 0 sessions, Default Timeout 60 Seconds

Total : 560 sessions

and this is after turning off dht.

TCP : 62 sessions, Default Timeout 300 Seconds

UDP : 18 sessions, Default Timeout 30 Seconds

Others : 0 sessions, Default Timeout 60 Seconds

Total : 80 sessions

well initially the port was only forwarded for tcp on both 1.7 and 1.8, after I seen the problem I then changed the forwarding for udp and tcp but it didnt change the behaviour at all, no firewall is blocking utorrent it has full internet access. The check for update works now in 1.8.1 if I understand right my nod32 broke it in 1.8.

good god dont reccomend comodo haha, that is so bloated and intrusive every machine I have put it on has had problems galore.

nod32 v2 is a AV only, it is probably the most favoured AV ever to exist due to it been light and not bloated.

If I am honest utorrent is the only app I have ever heard off been broken by imon (in compatible mode). Is there an explanation as to why 1.7 had no problem but 1.8 does?

Archived