really f*cked up

baz...

qtorrent seems like such a nice program so I try'd it.

dumped a big torrent into it, and it seemed to work good. (520kB/s average)

its just that after a while this message comes up: UNABLE TO GENERATE CRASH DUMP

and qtorrent is goneeee

Before I install azu again, does anybody know what to do about this ?

First describe a step by step what you where doing with µTorrent.

Then tell use if it only happend once or it happends often or

maybe even when you are doing something specific.

After that you can tell us what kind of security programs you have(anti-virus, firewall etc).

First describe a step by step what you where doing with µTorrent.

Then tell use if it only happend once or it happends often or

maybe even when you are doing something specific.

After that you can tell us what kind of security programs you have(anti-virus, firewall etc).

I was doing absolutely nothing. I set 2 torrents on downloading

the first is a avi file of 700mb and the other is a map of music (2GB)

I lef the pc for other activities and when i came back utorrent crashed. Also sometimes when I work on my pc it suddenly gives the error and crashes.

For antivirus and bugs I use Norton antivirus and Spyware doctor without a firewall.

It crashes about 6 times a day (had it running for a week now day & night) and 3 times it was able to create such a crash dump file.

These files, are they some kind of log? Shall I post them?

EDIT: dunno if this helps but if I set more torrents at work, it also crashes more often.

The moderators speak in place of programmers.

The moderators discuss alot with the programmer (which is ludde btw)

The 'noisiest' responders are the most ignorant.

If you think your statement is correct, then it also applies to you Lexxington.

Where bugs are are reported as 'features'

You most code a program to create crash dumps, so therefore it's possible that there can be a bug in it.

@ SumiVano: If I look into the advanced options there is no option such as diskio.read_cache_size, maybe you are using another version? I use the uTorrent 1.4 (build 402) version.

When I let it check for updates it says this is the lates version.

@ Firon: Do you mean that if I install the beta it won't crash anymore? And just for clarity, what actualy is the difference between the beta and the normal version?

For as far as I know betas are "newer but not proven stable versions", correct me if i'm wrong.

Sorry for all the questions, really appreciate the help from all of you (both mods and members!)

Yeah, betas aren't proven stable, they can have all kinds of issues, but often they fix things or add features. The current beta has a crash bug with the read cache, so you should wait for beta 407. However, you're not using it, so that may not have anything to do with it. You should try beta 406 and see if the crashes go away, it worked for someone else here.

@ SumiVano: If I look into the advanced options there is no option such as diskio.read_cache_size, maybe you are using another version? I use the uTorrent 1.4 (build 402) version.

Yes, I'm using 406 which is a beta version. I didn't know this wasn't already in 402. Then of course it cannot be the cause for your crashes.

Just began using the 406 beta with 3 torrents, crashed within 5min =(

If i'm only runnin 1 torrent a time it usually stays online longer.

I also tried utorrent on another pc without problems, so I say there's something on my pc utorrent doesn't like.

Are there any known problems with Norton, spydoctor or winpatrol or so?

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry for the late reply, had a few other problems to deal with first.

But is there a known problem with Norton or ..? Since my last post I didn't put more than one torrent in utorrent and that went pretty well, no more errors. It just gives up when it has to download more than one torrent at a time. Not very practical :/

grtz

Bas

Archived