Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Determination

[toolbar/tstatus] Comfort

... Haze, do the default toolbar icons blend correctly?

Yup, they do. Though I was thinking it might plainly be because it wasn't using any alpha channel. It seems I was wrong.

If you do not get to talk to either, I only have to report that BSH's Neon2 toolbar doesn't blend properly either. So I guess it's a built-in-theme only feature. Unless some different kind of work-around was used for those graphics? :\

I improved my mod again, I think this one is even more clear.

I also gave the red arrows a lighter color and the grey arrows a darker color.

I also added the purple background which becomes transparent in µTorrent.

Preview:

http://img91.imageshack.us/img91/9923/tstatuscomfort34ox.png

Download:

Click Here to Download

hey! nice work!

could somebody please reup this?

i like the icons very much, but the file is down :(

*praying for help*

I'm pretty sure it was working 2 days ago...

In fact, it's been working for 4 days now. So there. :P

FWIW, the Comfort toolbar does not render the alpha correctly in win2k either. Mine looks just like Haze's screenshot.

The default toolbar looks fine.

Can I specifically engineer a copy of your toolbar to work the same way, or does the default toolbar have some special workaround in the uTorrent code?

So I guess I'm stuck with the default skin as long as I'm using 2k?

Not that the default is bad, but I really liked the look of Comfort and XPMC.

I'm experimenting with painting in the background of the icons the same gray colour that win2k makes the toolbars / menus. I might be able to get a decent looking (albeit hideously unportable) solution going.

Drop shadows are overrated. In fact, for small-size and symbolic graphics, they are usually not recommended at all.

Personally I even consider gradient superfluous for button icons, though I might be on the minority side here.

I've always been wondering if the new vector-based icons introduced by the latest line of OS would include hinted bitmap versions for lower resolutions, a feature vector fonts have had since ever.

I've taken the liberty to add the required icons to this skin so it's now compatible with uTorrent 1.8:

comfort18en6.png

Download: http://www.uploadjockey.com/download/4655568/comfort_1.8.zip

Update: Now also available via the (revived) skin browser.

The new icons feature exactly (read: pixel-perfect) the same style of alpha-transparent drop-shadow as the original ones.

A single link is too unreliable as most file hosting services have frequent downtime.

As for ads: Try Firefox with Adblock Plus and NoScript, you won't be seeing any ad anywhere.

It's been down. zshare and mediafire went down for ~ 12 hours a bit ago, but generally they're very reliable. I just don't like extra stuff. ;) But I forgot to thank you for the skin update. Danke!

Edit: