irc channel rudeness

zoner420

I just joined the IRC channel to find out how to send firon a torrent file and was addressed by fluffy in less than a helpful way. Please pass on to the people that count that I don't want to find out about sucking anyone off and about giving head. For god's sake. What kind of site are you guys running?

I joined the IRC site to follow up on a request by firon. I've sent firon a pm and had no response. I'm just trying to help.

[13:37] <zoner420> Greetings and Salutations!!

[13:37] <[bOT]Fluffy> zoner: redundant :\

[13:37] <zoner420> Fluffy : boring!

[13:38] <zoner420> Firon asked me to send him a .torrent file that I was giving an error

[13:38] <[bOT]Fluffy> but i haven't even sucked you off yet. you really don't know how to get head, do ya :D

[13:38] <zoner420> Fluffy. fuck off

[13:38] <[bOT]Fluffy> lol.

[13:39] <zoner420> i didn't join here for this. i came here for help

[13:39] <zoner420> so stfu

[13:39] <[bOT]Fluffy> no u.

[13:39] <[bOT]Fluffy> :P

Who is putting him up to crap like that? The author of Bit Comet? Someone coming to the IRC channel for help or advice and getting the kind of response I got won't go away thinking nice thoughts about µtorrent. It's about the same as Walmart having a couple of Pit Bulls at the door to greet you. Why bother advertising an IRC channel if that's what your users are going to get when they go there.

And as far as me not having a sense of humour, what's funny about how I was treated?

I'm not saying fluffy's responses to zoner was correct, but IRC is a chatting protocol, so encountering them can be expected. Also, zoner can't really tie an individual's response back to the site unless it's an admin/mod. The only reason zoner thought it was tied to the site was because he labeled himself as [bOT], but that isn't the case, so there isn't really a justification one way or another =T

there is no justification for uncalled-for rudeness....and even in today's rude enviornment that was rude....zoner did nothing to provoke the responses he got from fluffy, he came in looking for help, that is why the IRC channel is made public, right???...zoner is not unjustified by asking for help (which he didnt get apparently), there is really no gray area here so he really IS justified if fluffy is a real individual. fluffy's response was uncalled for and unnecessary, there is your justification. My earlier post (which I deleted, because it was based on my presuming fluffy was a bot), hinged on fluffy being a bot and not human. No excuse for that from a human being. Having said that, zoner may be taking it a bit harder than I would have but it dosent let fluffy off the hook.

Yeah, I agree with you on that, but there was no reason to tie it in with the site either since fluffy isn't actually a BOT, nor is he running the site. One thing I'd say is that if those responses came from a bot, it would be bad too since having a bot talk back like that would indicate that it was taught/told to behave in that way by someone controlling the site/channel.

lol maybe someone should tell fluffy about this thread (if he hasn't already seen it), and hope that he learns from it =P

Archived