Utorrent 2.0 + Any Game = Complete Network Disconnect

hobbit25

Im getting a pretty wild problem. I have been using utorrent for a very long time and have never encountered any problems like this. Ever since upgrading to utorrent 2.0 every time I have utorrent downloading a file while playing a game my network completely disconnects and I have to disable and re-enable for it to work again. I have spent hours testing this to make sure im not missing anything. The games I have tried are WOW,Runes of Magic,Battlefield Bad Company 2, Sins of a Solar Empire, Supreme Commander 2. When Utorrent it actively downloading a file and a game is run as i said earlier the network will just die. If utorrent is running but every torrent is stopped, the network is just fine.

I have tried reinstalling/upgrading drivers, disabling DHT and upnp in utorrent. Disabled firewall, I cant seem to find out why this is happening. I have even restored my overclocked CPU to factory settings to check to see if it was a voltage problem. When the network dies its just my network adapter, the router, DSL modem, and everything else is fine, my other pcs can still use the net.

Would appreciate any assistance with this, its extremely irritating.

My system specs are:

-Windows 7 64bit Ultimate

- Xfx 680i

- Q660 Intel Quad 3.0Ghz (factory 2.4)

- 4 gig DDR

- Nvidia 9800GTX

I think I fixed it. No I dont have the nvidia firewall but it looks like the nvidia network drivers enabled something called Side Scaling. Im not exactly sure what it is to be honest but when its disabled this problem goes away, I guess for some reason utorrent just didnt like this setting. Will keep an eye on the issue but I think its fixed.

Sounds like you need to check for making sure the drivers are current. And I making a claim of Nvidia network drivers not working has no merits. I have nvidia network drivers and they work fine and I have no problems. Sounds like to many drivers trying to use a single internet connections and you need to ask which is more important playing game or downloading? Both trying to fight for the internet usage is bound to cause problems.

Nah, NVIDIA's networking drivers are pretty terrible. Really, all their drivers are. They just fucked up their most recent graphics drivers too. The driver disabled the fan controller on all GPUs. Way to QA your stuff, NVIDIA.

That's news I have yet to hear that any where ... so where is the new site for that?? For the GPU fan?? Well I don't have trouble running the network or GPU software or drivers. So that same could be said about ATI drivers are all bad as well....

Archived