Remote Access not working?

theg0b

I've been using falcon the last few months and the for the last few builds, I haven't been able to use Remote Access. The client won't connect and I get a "Error contacting WebUI proxy service: A socket operation was attempted to an unreachable host. " Any ideas on a fix? Any other info needed to troubleshoot?

Thanks!

Ever since 1.82 Utorrent has been buggy to connect through my webui, in fact version 2 you could reset webui, but the latest version won't work at all, and nothing has changed on my computer. Even after opening the firewall to all, it still won't work?

Unfortunately Remote Access feature not working since last 3-4 versions. I have tried from 3 different computers (from home, from work, etc) none of them work.

Always so:

3d44cff5855b4ddc92583fc.png

Same error here - very annoying. I can still access the web interface by using the regular webUI on the port that I have specified, but not via the falcon interface. I have tried resetting the interface, and I get the expected warning when doing so, but it refuses to show beyond the loading screen.

YaPaY, rkenimer, we just pushed a new version of Falcon which requires a client upgrade. Could you upgrade your clients, clear your browser caches, and retry? If you still see failures, let me know what browsers you are using and if there is anything in the JavaScript error console. Thanks.

@jknoll,

build 19702, still same

FF 3.6.3

IE 8

doesn't work both of them:

Here is the js console error:

Webpage error details

User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; Trident/4.0; SLCC2; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 3.0.30729; Media Center PC 6.0; InfoPath.3)

Timestamp: Wed, 19 May 2010 21:24:33 UTC

Message: 'this.config.torrentTable.maxRows' is null or not an object

Line: 573

Char: 61

Code: 0

URI: https://rapton-i-917135fa.utorrent.com:9004/static/js/compiled/gui-main.js

Same old, same old... cleared cache and cookies. I hadn't thought of using IE - Firefox is my browser of choice. So I went to try IE and it looks real funny:

2mm7exi.jpg

It did the same thing in IEx86 and IEx64.

And yes I did run the upgrade first, my client is build 19702

We are looking into it. We can't repro yet; I can login to my uTorrent 2.1 build 19702 just fine in IE8 and Firefox 3.5.9. The "Message: 'this.config.torrentTable.maxRows' is null or not an object" is helpful, we're looking into that issue first.

same error. tried in both chrome and IE on two different win7 builds and one vista build.

Webpage error details

User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; Trident/4.0; SLCC2; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 3.0.30729; Media Center PC 6.0; InfoPath.2; .NET4.0C; .NET4.0E)

Timestamp: Wed, 26 May 2010 23:20:17 UTC

Message: 'this.config.torrentTable.maxRows' is null or not an object

Line: 573

Char: 61

URI: https://rapton-i-759bde1e.utorrent.com:9005/static/js/compiled/gui-main.js

To the people who are seeing "Message: 'this.config.torrentTable.maxRows' is null or not an object": we have a fix for this issue, and I expect that we'll push it to production tomorrow. I'll update this thread then. Thanks for your patience.

It's very strange problem. Today I connected to my girlfirend pc via Remote Desktop. I installed utorrent 2.1 and I opened related port. Now, I can connect with Firefox but in my house the second pc (download pc ;) has same version utorrent. Port is already opened and I can connect with regular webui but falcon interface doesn't work unfortunately.

Really strange, same users using falcon without any problem but some not. What is difference?

We just pushed a fix for the Message: 'this.config.torrentTable.maxRows' is null or not an object" issue. If you were seeing it, please retry. And rkenimer, be sure to use IE8 only, if you're aren't already.

YaPaY, exactly. It works with some systems and not others. We can't always repro yet, which makes it hard to debug and fix. If people are still reporting problems in here next week, we'll spend some more time looking at ways to get better debugging information back to us. Thanks again for your patience during the beta.

I was getting the line 573 cannot be null error before but it changed today and now i'm getting an invalid argument

Webpage error details

User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 5.1; Trident/4.0; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.0.4506.2152; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 1.1.4322)

Timestamp: Sat, 29 May 2010 08:20:17 UTC

Line: 222

Char: 15

URI: https://rapton-i-917135fa.utorrent.com:9001/static/js/compiled/gui-main.js

using IE8

with firefox i'm getting in but i can't see any of the files. just the sidebar with active,downloading,inactive and rss.

also getting this error

Error: this.torrents is undefined

Source File: https://rapton-i-917135fa.utorrent.com:9001/static/js/compiled/gui-main.js

Line: 587

• 2 weeks later...

I thought I'd update the thread to let you know that we're working on adding some more useful server-side logging of JavaScript exceptions and looking at the exceptions that are already in our logs. thedr, the "this.torrents is undefined" error on that line is usually caused by clicking on the "Share" icon when no torrent is selected.

We hope to push a new tag to production on Monday which may at least help diagnose any JavaScript issues you guys are seeing.

As promised, we pushed some fixes and better diagnostics to production yesterday. If you've been having trouble, please retry now and let me know if the problems persist.

thedr: good to hear. The way we fixed that issue was to deal more gracefully with corrupted webui cookies in general, so the fix may have fixed other cookie corruption issues as a side effect.

YaPay, great to hear. If anyone else is still having problems, please let me know. We're happy to get bug reports and we'll work to fix anything we can reproduce. The uTorrent forum community is invaluable because you guys quickly let us know when we have a bug and are technically savvy enough to include the actual JavaScript errors and other details. That makes life much easier.

I am having problems connecting to the proxy server as well. I keep getting the following error whenever I enable remote access:

[2010-06-16 15:45:12] Error contacting WebUI proxy service: An attempt was made to access a socket in a way forbidden by its access permissions.

Archived