uTorrent 3 high CPU usage

dryden

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ok. I've turned off my AV

This is not what they suggest in that thread.

Windows 7 SP1 64bit (CPU Phenom II X6 1090T stock).

So you too have NOD32 ?... :P I guess on 7/X64 everything is possible... Want to try run it in Vista compatibility mode ?

Windows 7 SP1 64bit (CPU Phenom II X6 1090T stock).

So you too have NOD32 ?... :P I guess on 7/X64 everything is possible... Want to try run it in Vista compatibility mode ?

Yes. NOD32 Antivirus 5.

I tried with all versions (Vista, Vista SP1, Vista SP2), no effects.

I know but if i turn off av at all it be better.

There are some here that will not agree with you, and will say that uninstall is required (maybe AVs try to hide themselves... ) .

Since both of you have NOD32, it increases the odds for it being the root cause. uT bugs is another possible cause... :P

I know but if i turn off av at all it be better.

There are some here that will not agree with you' date=' and will say that uninstall is required (maybe AVs try to hide themselves... ) .[/quote']

Are you kidding? Nod32 don't hide itself. ^) I'm sure of that. By the way i've tried do what suggests that thread.

This is happening to me as well. Never had this problem until I upgraded to 3.0. I saw a few people that said the problem went away after upgrading to 3.1, which I tried but the problem persists. I haven't changed anything accept upload/download speeds ever since downloading utorrent to begin with.

Guess I'll downgrade like everyone else till they fix this.

EDIT: I run a paid version of AVG so I doubt its a AV issue like the OP said. I also saw someone having the problem mentioned they used Avast so....who knows.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi guys,

I also had this problem with uTorrent 3.0.

It was basically a combination between *VERY* high cpu usage (99 % ! ) AND the disk overloaded 100% issue.

I have an Intel Centrino 1.86 Mhz Notebook, and I use an external USB HDD (5400 rpm, only usb connection). Not exactly the "wildest" configuration possible, I know :rolleyes:

What got me really twisted was that the problem occurred all of a sudden, out of nowhere. NOTHING was changed: pc, os, settings, nod32 settings, utorrent version... absolutely nothing :| :/ :| :/ .

I use Nod32, but issues related to it are out of question, because I have disabled the web protection.

About 4 days ago, it just started to run very slow: after I started utorrent, as soon as I started to do something (download / upload / re-check a torrent), the program went up to 99% cpu usage, and i had to kill the process in order to be able to do anything else.

If i downloaded something, it took about 30 seconds for the speed to drop at 3 - 5 KB/s and the "disk overloaded 100%" status to show up (again, I had to kill the process).

I read several topics on this forums, I tried following several suggestions (settings, etc...) but I got no result.

BUT, after all this :) , I fixed the problem by completely uninstalling utorrent (also delete settings, delete what was left in the install folder, appdata, etc.), and installing the newest stable release available (not beta or anything, just utorrent 3.1 (build 26595) [32 bit], with nothing changed in the "Advanced settings" area .

So ... the problem was gone the same way it came :D

I thought I should share this, so... before you try any advanced stuff (cacheset from sysinternals, advanced settings, nod32 settings, etc)... try a simple full uninstall and reinstall solution :)

Good luck !

• 4 weeks later...

This behaviour is interesting. Every now and then there were reports on the very high CPU usage of uTorrent. Now I experienced it, too. I still use uTorrent 2.2.1 (somehow 3.0 is not attractive to me). I never ever had any CPU problems under winXP. Now I installed uT 2.2.1 under Vista SP2. Sometimes it works OK, sometimes with nearly 100% CPU usage. Interaction with some program or Windows component, obviously. However, if in this case I restart Windows and the only programs running are uT (okay, not regarding the dozens of Windows components in the backstage) and Task manager it works flawlessly,

• 2 weeks later...
This behaviour is interesting. Every now and then there were reports on the very high CPU usage of uTorrent. Now I experienced it, too. I still use uTorrent 2.2.1 (somehow 3.0 is not attractive to me). I never ever had any CPU problems under winXP. Now I installed uT 2.2.1 under Vista SP2. Sometimes it works OK, sometimes with nearly 100% CPU usage. Interaction with some program or Windows component, obviously. However, if in this case I restart Windows and the only programs running are uT (okay, not regarding the dozens of Windows components in the backstage) and Task manager it works flawlessly,

You are on to something.

Do you have any application launcher running when this occurs?

Earlier in the thread someone said rocketdock application launcher causes this problem. Well I had launchy (another application launcher program) and it was the culprit in my case. Disabled it and now I don't experience this problem anymore, fuck it was annoying with windows being so slow.

Does anyone know of an application launcher that does not cause this problem? I'm too lazy to do trial and error :P.

If however I get the energy and do find one that does not fuck up the CPU I will report back, promise!

• 2 weeks later...

Hmm, problem is back :mad:. I really thought it was launchy running at the same time with utorrent that was the culprit.

To specify: I start windows, everything is fine. Then I start uTorrent, and even with only 1 torrent (latest ubuntu version) CPU load increases as the download speed increases. It takes about 30-60 seconds for CPU to reach 100%, then the downoad speed decreases (I think my comp can't handle that high hd write speed while CPU is 100%). I close utorrent but CPU is still 100% and windows very laggy, obviously. The only way to make CPU normal again is to reboot. Or manually disconnecting then reconnecting network cable. Or disable then enable network card (ethernet adapter) in device manager

My memory is a little fuzzy and unfortunately I didn't take notes when it reappeared, but if I recall correctly it began when I installed another application launcher (keeybreeze) to substitute Launchy. As I said in the above post I closed Launchy after having read that rocketdock is what causes this. The problem went away. This could just have been a coincidence though, but I doubt that. Is this a known problem with launchy/application launcher software in general? I noticed that rocketdock/objectdock (someone said those are a known root cause) isn't quite like launchy, they are more of a permanent Mac OS bar with shortcuts to program/folders while with launchy you press a hotkey to bring up a search bar and type in the names for programs/files.

So anyway at this point I did a full uninstall of utorrent, deleted all the settings and that. A fresh install. Probem persisted.

I've done everything (minus testing 2.2.1) suggested in this thread:

When the problem reoccured I updated to 3.1 Still same problem.

I have latest lan driver.

Today I updated to latest beta through utorrent, 3.2.1 build 26705. No go.

I set net.low_cpu to true, I also did everything in the "A. For fixing CPU-load/Memory/Disk overhead/stability issues" section in rafis guide.

Disabled all my ESET Smart Security 5 modules - CPU still goes to 100% but the download speed does not get lowered and windows does not lag as much. This is with 9.9MB/S (yes, megabyte). This was with only one torrent, all others where on stop. When it completed CPU was lowered and stabilized around 40-50% with occasional spikes to 100%.

This made me suspicious that it's simply my laptop that is weak, it can't handle high hd write without cpu going bonanas. A couple of months ago I tried with Azureus, but had the same problem. So I know it's not only realed to utorrent.

So - I tested dling ubuntu from their FTP site. I got between 11mb/s-13mb/s and CPU also went to 100% during dl, when complete CPU stayed between 40-50%, with occasional spikes to 100%. Disabled and reenabled ethernet adapter through device manger - now cpu sits between 4-20%. Just refreshing a webpage makes CPU first jump to 60% then 100% for half a second then back down again where it stabalizes around 4-20%. Tried FTP again, same thing as first time. This 100% cpu during high writes to hd can't be normal, can it?

Specs: amd v140 2.30ghz 4 GB DDR3 1066 MHz SDRAM 320GB 5400rpm ( :( ) windows 7 64 bit SP1. ATI Mobility Radeon HD4250 AMD M780G Chipset (more info here: http://www.asus.com/Notebooks/Versatile_Performance/K52N/#specifications)

Disabled my download accelerator (internet download manager) and dl ubuntu again, this time through chrome. I get around 500kb/s (lol chrome sucks), however the cpu load sits at 25-50%. It seems my cpu/hd/computer just suck? Can't handle high write speed.

Enabled all eset modules + ran utorrent in vista sp2 compatability mode. CPU went to 100%, stayed there during download, then when I paused it went down - this in contrast to when in no compatability mode where I have to reboot/disable network card for cpu to not be stuck at 100.

Used rafi's settings.dat. Same as above, also same in no compatability mode. Switched back to my own settings, and now all of a sudden I don't have to reboot/disable network card for cpu not to be stuck at 100 :o??

Hijackthislogs (utorrent not in compatability mode, original settings that comes with 3.1.1 only modified according to section "A. For fixing CPU-load/memory-issues/Disk-verhead/stability in rafis guide):

Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.4
Scan saved at 03:47:40, on 2012-02-02
Platform: Windows 7 SP1 (WinNT 6.00.3505)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v9.00 (9.00.8112.16421)
Boot mode: Normal

Running processes:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Acronis\Schedule2\schedhlp.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Live\Mesh\WLSync.exe
C:\Program Files\TrueCrypt\TrueCrypt.exe
C:\Users\Bradley\AppData\Roaming\Dropbox\bin\Dropbox.exe
C:\Users\dropboxfourthly\AppData\Roaming\Dropbox\bin\Dropbox.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\Evernote\Evernote\EvernoteClipper.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Live\Mesh\MOE.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\Internet Download Manager\IEMonitor.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Live\Contacts\wlcomm.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\SugarSync\SugarSyncManager.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\TBNotify\TBNotify.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\ASUS\Wireless Console 3\wcourier.exe
C:\Users\Bradley\Desktop\EVILPE~1\BROWSE~1\BL8D06~1.EXE
C:\PROGRA~2\Evernote\Evernote\EVC5D8~1.EXE
C:\PROGRA~2\Evernote\Evernote\Evernote.exe
C:\PROGRA~2\Pidgin\pidgin.exe
C:\Users\Bradley\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe
C:\PROGRAM FILES (X86)\PROCESS EXPLORER\PROCEXP.EXE
C:\Program Files (x86)\Internet Download Manager\IDMan.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\uTorrent\uTorrent.exe
C:\drop2evil.perrogmail\Dropbox\Browser downloads\HijackThis.exe

--

End of file - 2848 bytes

Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.4
Scan saved at 03:48:28, on 2012-02-02
Platform: Windows 7 SP1 (WinNT 6.00.3505)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v9.00 (9.00.8112.16421)
Boot mode: Normal

Running processes:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Acronis\Schedule2\schedhlp.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\ASUS\ASUS Live Update\ALU.exe
C:\Windows\SysWOW64\ACEngSvr.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Live\Mesh\WLSync.exe
C:\Program Files\TrueCrypt\TrueCrypt.exe
C:\Users\Bradley\AppData\Roaming\Dropbox\bin\Dropbox.exe
C:\Users\dropboxfourthly\AppData\Roaming\Dropbox\bin\Dropbox.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\Evernote\Evernote\EvernoteClipper.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\Everything\Everything.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Live\Mesh\MOE.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\Internet Download Manager\IEMonitor.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Live\Contacts\wlcomm.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\SugarSync\SugarSyncManager.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\TBNotify\TBNotify.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\ASUS\Wireless Console 3\wcourier.exe
C:\Users\Bradley\Desktop\EVILPE~1\BROWSE~1\BL8D06~1.EXE
C:\PROGRA~2\Evernote\Evernote\EVC5D8~1.EXE
C:\PROGRA~2\Evernote\Evernote\Evernote.exe
C:\PROGRA~2\Pidgin\pidgin.exe
C:\PROGRAM FILES (X86)\PROCESS EXPLORER\PROCEXP.EXE
C:\Program Files (x86)\Internet Download Manager\IDMan.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\uTorrent\uTorrent.exe
C:\Windows\SysWOW64\NOTEPAD.EXE
C:\drop2evil.perrogmail\Dropbox\Browser downloads\HijackThis.exe

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Bar = http://search.live.com/sphome.aspx
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://search.live.com
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://search.hotspotshield.com/g/?c=h
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,SearchAssistant =
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,CustomizeSearch =
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Local Page = C:\Windows\SysWOW64\blank.htm
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings,ProxyOverride = *.local
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar,LinksFolderName =
R3 - URLSearchHook: IObit Toolbar - {0BDA0769-FD72-49F4-9266-E1FB004F4D8F} - (no file)
R3 - URLSearchHook: the blinkx toolbar - {F08555B0-9CC3-11D2-AA8E-000000000567} - C:\Program Files (x86)\blinkx Remote Toolbar\the_blinkx_shook.dll
F2 - REG:system.ini: UserInit=userinit.exe
O2 - BHO: IDM Helper - {0055C089-8582-441B-A0BF-17B458C2A3A8} - C:\Program Files (x86)\Internet Download Manager\IDMIECC.dll
O2 - BHO: The blinkx Toolbar - {0069B690-7A2B-41C5-98CA-9F535B4C8532} - C:\Program Files (x86)\blinkx Remote Toolbar\the_blinkx_bho.dll
O2 - BHO: IObit Toolbar - {0BDA0769-FD72-49F4-9266-E1FB004F4D8F} - (no file)
O2 - BHO: AcroIEHelperStub - {18DF081C-E8AD-4283-A596-FA578C2EBDC3} - C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\Acrobat\ActiveX\AcroIEHelperShim.dll
O2 - BHO: Java(tm) Plug-In SSV Helper - {761497BB-D6F0-462C-B6EB-D4DAF1D92D43} - C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre7\bin\ssv.dll
O2 - BHO: Windows Live ID Sign-in Helper - {9030D464-4C02-4ABF-8ECC-5164760863C6} - C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Windows Live\WindowsLiveLogin.dll
O2 - BHO: ReasonableToolbar.ToolbarBHO - {d8961a1e-25db-33c9-a7c9-3d3e3266b5b8} - mscoree.dll (file missing)
O2 - BHO: Java(tm) Plug-In 2 SSV Helper - {DBC80044-A445-435b-BC74-9C25C1C588A9} - C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre7\bin\jp2ssv.dll
O2 - BHO: Hotspot Shield Class - {F9E4A054-E9B1-4BC3-83A3-76A1AE736170} - C:\Program Files (x86)\Hotspot Shield\HssIE\HssIE.dll
O3 - Toolbar: IObit Toolbar - {0BDA0769-FD72-49F4-9266-E1FB004F4D8F} - (no file)
O3 - Toolbar: The blinkx Toolbar - {E5A1ECE5-3E3D-4FE7-8447-78CB1FD377C6} - C:\Program Files (x86)\blinkx Remote Toolbar\the_blinkx_toolbar.dll
O3 - Toolbar: ReasonableToolbar - {c9a6357b-25cc-4bcf-96c1-78736985d413} - mscoree.dll (file missing)
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Everything] "C:\Program Files (x86)\Everything\Everything.exe" -startup
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Wireless Console 3] C:\Program Files (x86)\ASUS\Wireless Console 3\wcourier.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [WLSync] "C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Live\Mesh\WLSync.exe" /background
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [TrueCrypt] "C:\Program Files\TrueCrypt\TrueCrypt.exe" /q preferences /a logon /a favorites
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Sidebar] C:\Program Files\Windows Sidebar\sidebar.exe /autoRun
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Google Update] "C:\Users\Bradley\AppData\Local\Google\Update\GoogleUpdate.exe" /c
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [NB Probe] C:\Program Files (x86)\ASUS\NB Probe\NBProbe.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Breaker] C:\Program Files (x86)\Breaker\Breaker.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [IDMan] C:\Program Files (x86)\Internet Download Manager\IDMan.exe /onboot
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [SugarSync] "C:\Program Files (x86)\SugarSync\SugarSyncManager.exe" -startInTray -usedelay=true
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [TBNotify] "C:\Program Files (x86)\TBNotify\TBNotify.exe" /startup
O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-19\..\Run: [Sidebar] %ProgramFiles%\Windows Sidebar\Sidebar.exe /autoRun (User 'LOCAL SERVICE')
O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-19\..\RunOnce: [mctadmin] C:\Windows\System32\mctadmin.exe (User 'LOCAL SERVICE')
O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-20\..\Run: [Sidebar] %ProgramFiles%\Windows Sidebar\Sidebar.exe /autoRun (User 'NETWORK SERVICE')
O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-20\..\RunOnce: [mctadmin] C:\Windows\System32\mctadmin.exe (User 'NETWORK SERVICE')
O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-21-3224639132-2840018689-1386290790-1003\..\Run: [Google Update] "C:\Users\dropboxfourthly\AppData\Local\Google\Update\GoogleUpdate.exe" /c (User 'dropboxfourthly')
O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-21-3224639132-2840018689-1386290790-1003\..\Run: [SpiderOak] C:\Program Files (x86)\SpiderOak\SpiderOak.exe --windows_startup (User 'dropboxfourthly')
O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-21-3224639132-2840018689-1386290790-1003\..\Run: [TBNotify] "C:\Program Files (x86)\TBNotify\TBNotify.exe" /startup (User 'dropboxfourthly')
O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-21-3224639132-2840018689-1386290790-1003\..\Run: [Breaker] C:\Program Files (x86)\Breaker\Breaker.exe (User 'dropboxfourthly')
O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-21-3224639132-2840018689-1386290790-1003\..\Run: [TrueCrypt] "C:\Program Files\TrueCrypt\TrueCrypt.exe" /q preferences /a logon /a favorites (User 'dropboxfourthly')
O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-21-3224639132-2840018689-1386290790-1003\..\Run: [googletalk] C:\Users\dropboxfourthly\AppData\Roaming\Google\Google Talk\googletalk.exe /autostart (User 'dropboxfourthly')
O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-21-3224639132-2840018689-1386290790-1003\..\Run: [Sidebar] C:\Program Files\Windows Sidebar\sidebar.exe /autoRun (User 'dropboxfourthly')
O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-21-3224639132-2840018689-1386290790-1003\..\Run: [NB Probe] C:\Program Files (x86)\ASUS\NB Probe\NBProbe.exe (User 'dropboxfourthly')
O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-18\..\Run: [Reasonable NoClone] "C:\Program Files (x86)\Reasonable NoClone 2011 Home\NoClone.exe" null /startup (User 'SYSTEM')
O4 - HKUS\.DEFAULT\..\Run: [Reasonable NoClone] "C:\Program Files (x86)\Reasonable NoClone 2011 Home\NoClone.exe" null /startup (User 'Default user')
O4 - S-1-5-21-3224639132-2840018689-1386290790-1003 Startup: Dropbox.lnk = C:\Users\dropboxfourthly\AppData\Roaming\Dropbox\bin\Dropbox.exe (User 'dropboxfourthly')
O4 - S-1-5-21-3224639132-2840018689-1386290790-1003 User Startup: Dropbox.lnk = C:\Users\dropboxfourthly\AppData\Roaming\Dropbox\bin\Dropbox.exe (User 'dropboxfourthly')
O4 - Startup: AutorunsDisabled
O4 - Startup: Blockify Service.lnk = C:\Users\Bradley\Desktop\evilperro dropbox backup just in case\Browser downloads\BlockifyService.exe
O4 - Startup: Dropbox.exe - dropbox thirdly lex.rimbleus.lnk = C:\Windows\System32\runas.exe
O4 - Startup: Dropbox.exe - Shortcut dropbox drop2evil.perrogmail.lnk = C:\Windows\System32\runas.exe
O4 - Startup: Dropbox.lnk = C:\Users\Bradley\AppData\Roaming\Dropbox\bin\Dropbox.exe
O4 - Startup: EvernoteClipper.lnk = C:\Program Files (x86)\Evernote\Evernote\EvernoteClipper.exe
O4 - Startup: EvernoteTray.lnk = C:\Program Files (x86)\Evernote\Evernote\EvernoteTray.exe
O4 - Startup: MediaMonkey.exe - Shortcut.lnk = C:\Program Files (x86)\MediaMonkey\MediaMonkey.exe
O4 - Startup: Pidgin.lnk = C:\Program Files (x86)\Pidgin\pidgin.exe
O4 - Startup: RBTray.exe - Shortcut.lnk = C:\Program Files\RBtray\64bit\RBTray.exe
O4 - Startup: Wunderlist.exe - Shortcut.lnk = C:\Program Files (x86)\Wunderlist\Wunderlist.exe
O4 - Global Startup: AutorunsDisabled
O4 - Global Startup: FancyStart daemon.lnk = ?
O4 - Global Startup: Rainmeter.lnk = C:\Program Files\Rainmeter\Rainmeter.exe
O4 - Global Startup: SRS Premium Sound.lnk = ?
O8 - Extra context menu item: Add to Evernote 4.0 - res://C:\Program Files (x86)\Evernote\Evernote\EvernoteIE.dll/204
O8 - Extra context menu item: Download all links with IDM - C:\Program Files (x86)\Internet Download Manager\IEGetAll.htm
O8 - Extra context menu item: Download with IDM - C:\Program Files (x86)\Internet Download Manager\IEExt.htm
O9 - Extra button: @C:\Program Files (x86)\Evernote\Evernote\Resource.dll,-101 - {A95fe080-8f5d-11d2-a20b-00aa003c157a} - res://C:\Program Files (x86)\Evernote\Evernote\EvernoteIE.dll/204 (file missing)
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: @C:\Program Files (x86)\Evernote\Evernote\Resource.dll,-101 - {A95fe080-8f5d-11d2-a20b-00aa003c157a} - res://C:\Program Files (x86)\Evernote\Evernote\EvernoteIE.dll/204 (file missing)
O10 - Unknown file in Winsock LSP: c:\program files (x86)\common files\microsoft shared\windows live\wlidnsp.dll
O10 - Unknown file in Winsock LSP: c:\program files (x86)\common files\microsoft shared\windows live\wlidnsp.dll
O11 - Options group: [ACCELERATED_GRAPHICS] Accelerated graphics
O17 - HKLM\System\CCS\Services\Tcpip\..\{E99AE5D2-D745-4EE8-B618-381013325750}: NameServer = 81.26.226.3,81.26.228.3
O17 - HKLM\System\CCS\Services\Tcpip\..\{F6211C34-5AD3-4914-B147-ACC2EF9380C8}: NameServer = 81.26.226.3,81.26.228.3
O20 - AppInit_DLLs: C:\PROGRA~2\Google\GOOGLE~1\GO36F4~1.DLL
O23 - Service: Acronis Scheduler2 Service (AcrSch2Svc) - Acronis - C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Acronis\Schedule2\schedul2.exe
O23 - Service: Adobe Acrobat Update Service (AdobeARMservice) - Adobe Systems Incorporated - C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\ARM\1.0\armsvc.exe
O23 - Service: AFBAgent - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\system32\FBAgent.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: Acronis Nonstop Backup service (afcdpsrv) - Acronis - C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Acronis\CDP\afcdpsrv.exe
O23 - Service: @%SystemRoot%\system32\Alg.exe,-112 (ALG) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\System32\alg.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: AMD External Events Utility - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\system32\atiesrxx.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: AMD FUEL Service - Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. - C:\Program Files\ATI Technologies\ATI.ACE\Fuel\Fuel.Service.exe
O23 - Service: @%SystemRoot%\system32\efssvc.dll,-100 (EFS) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\System32\lsass.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: ESET Service (ekrn) - ESET - C:\Program Files\ESET\ESET Smart Security\x86\ekrn.exe
O23 - Service: @%systemroot%\system32\fxsresm.dll,-118 (Fax) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\system32\fxssvc.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: Google Desktop Manager 5.9.1005.12335 (GoogleDesktopManager-051210-111108) - Google - C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Google Desktop Search\GoogleDesktop.exe
O23 - Service: Hotspot Shield Service (hshld) - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files (x86)\Hotspot Shield\bin\openvpnas.exe
O23 - Service: Hotspot Shield Routing Service (HssSrv) - AnchorFree Inc. - C:\Program Files (x86)\Hotspot Shield\HssWPR\hsssrv.exe
O23 - Service: Hotspot Shield Tray Service (HssTrayService) - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files (x86)\Hotspot Shield\bin\HssTrayService.EXE
O23 - Service: Hotspot Shield Monitoring Service (HssWd) - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files (x86)\Hotspot Shield\bin\hsswd.exe
O23 - Service: @keyiso.dll,-100 (KeyIso) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\system32\lsass.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: @comres.dll,-2797 (MSDTC) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\System32\msdtc.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: @%SystemRoot%\System32\netlogon.dll,-102 (Netlogon) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\system32\lsass.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: @%systemroot%\system32\psbase.dll,-300 (ProtectedStorage) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\system32\lsass.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: @%systemroot%\system32\Locator.exe,-2 (RpcLocator) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\system32\locator.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: @%SystemRoot%\system32\samsrv.dll,-1 (SamSs) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\system32\lsass.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: @%SystemRoot%\system32\snmptrap.exe,-3 (SNMPTRAP) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\System32\snmptrap.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: spmgr - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files (x86)\ASUS\NB Probe\SPM\spmgr.exe
O23 - Service: @%SystemRoot%\system32\sppsvc.exe,-101 (sppsvc) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\system32\sppsvc.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: Steam Client Service - Valve Corporation - C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Steam\SteamService.exe
O23 - Service: @%SystemRoot%\system32\ui0detect.exe,-101 (UI0Detect) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\system32\UI0Detect.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: @%SystemRoot%\system32\vaultsvc.dll,-1003 (VaultSvc) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\system32\lsass.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: @%SystemRoot%\system32\vds.exe,-100 (vds) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\System32\vds.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: @%systemroot%\system32\vssvc.exe,-102 (VSS) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\system32\vssvc.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: @%SystemRoot%\system32\Wat\WatUX.exe,-601 (WatAdminSvc) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\system32\Wat\WatAdminSvc.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: @%systemroot%\system32\wbengine.exe,-104 (wbengine) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\system32\wbengine.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: @%Systemroot%\system32\wbem\wmiapsrv.exe,-110 (wmiApSrv) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\system32\wbem\WmiApSrv.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: @%PROGRAMFILES%\Windows Media Player\wmpnetwk.exe,-101 (WMPNetworkSvc) - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Media Player\wmpnetwk.exe (file missing)

--
End of file - 16175 bytes

Here's process list and dll list for utorrent from processexplorer (utorrent not in compatability mode, original settings that comes with 3.1.1 only modified according to section "A. For fixing CPU-load/memory-issues/Disk-verhead/stability in rafis guide):

Process	PID	CPU	Private Bytes	Working Set	Description	Company Name
System Idle Process 0 62.31 0 K 24 K
procexp64.exe 5288 24.37 34 092 K 54 432 K Sysinternals Process Explorer Sysinternals - www.sysinternals.com
RAINME~1.EXE 2872 0.01 22 768 K 19 572 K Rainmeter
Dropbox.exe 3948 < 0.01 45 384 K 32 684 K Dropbox Dropbox, Inc.
Interrupts n/a 2.73 0 K 0 K Hardware Interrupts and DPCs
Dropbox.exe 3236 0.37 52 032 K 33 596 K Dropbox Dropbox, Inc.
uTorrent.exe 5940 2.01 36 468 K 119 672 K µTorrent BitTorrent, Inc.
dwm.exe 1656 2.38 38 728 K 36 408 K Desktop Window Manager Microsoft Corporation
csrss.exe 780 1.63 3 028 K 18 456 K
System 4 0.94 448 K 16 276 K
BL8D06~1.EXE 5012 0.07 2 120 K 892 K
chrome.exe 6204 220 136 K 200 768 K Google Chrome Google Inc.
ekrn.exe 1348 0.98 89 172 K 58 052 K ESET Service ESET
WLIDSVC.EXE 1672 < 0.01 6 244 K 11 632 K
Evernote.exe 4112 0.79 18 608 K 24 880 K Evernote Evernote Corp., 333 W Evelyn Ave. Mountain View, CA 94041
wlcomm.exe 3020 12 900 K 18 356 K Windows Live Communications Platform Microsoft Corporation
WLSync.exe 2276 8 356 K 15 764 K Windows Live Mesh Microsoft Corporation
svchost.exe 684 20 820 K 19 152 K Host Process for Windows Services Microsoft Corporation
explorer.exe 1680 0.27 94 856 K 96 524 K Windows Explorer Microsoft Corporation
SugarSyncManager.exe 4652 0.04 33 608 K 29 404 K SugarSync Manager SugarSync, Inc.
MOE.exe 3156 0.12 34 172 K 34 172 K Mesh Operating Environment Microsoft Corporation
IEMonitor.exe 1744 0.10 1 592 K 5 408 K Internet Download Manager agent for click monitoring in IE-based browsers Tonec Inc.
chrome.exe 4144 0.27 121 476 K 150 376 K Google Chrome Google Inc.
lsass.exe 896 6 120 K 11 512 K Local Security Authority Process Microsoft Corporation
chrome.exe 3460 37 548 K 45 584 K Google Chrome Google Inc.
FBAgent.exe 1440 0.01 16 400 K 10 496 K ASUS FastBoot ASUSTeK Computer Inc.
hsswd.exe 4232 0.03 2 656 K 5 248 K
chrome.exe 4972 14 676 K 20 620 K Google Chrome Google Inc.
lsm.exe 904 2 324 K 3 620 K
chrome.exe 5684 10 964 K 20 164 K Google Chrome Google Inc.
svchost.exe 516 0.02 4 828 K 7 880 K Host Process for Windows Services Microsoft Corporation
egui.exe 2248 0.01 9 164 K 19 200 K ESET GUI ESET
sidebar.exe 2520 7 776 K 19 916 K Windows Desktop Gadgets Microsoft Corporation
spmgr.exe 4236 0.01 2 952 K 6 272 K spmgr Module
TrueCrypt.exe 2396 0.01 10 744 K 22 556 K TrueCrypt TrueCrypt Foundation
hsssrv.exe 5088 0.02 3 580 K 8 736 K AnchorFree Inc.
ETDCtrl.exe 2256 0.02 3 000 K 9 688 K ETD Control Center ELAN Microelectronic Corp.
BatteryLife.exe 1640 0.01 3 188 K 528 K
SearchIndexer.exe 3068 56 712 K 45 780 K Microsoft Windows Search Indexer Microsoft Corporation
svchost.exe 1088 23 888 K 31 360 K Host Process for Windows Services Microsoft Corporation
svchost.exe 1328 14 388 K 14 944 K Host Process for Windows Services Microsoft Corporation
openvpnas.exe 4864 < 0.01 6 496 K 7 052 K
EvernoteClipper.exe 4068 < 0.01 1 584 K 5 644 K Evernote Clipper Evernote Corp., 333 W Evelyn Ave. Mountain View, CA 94041
chrome.exe 6072 10 468 K 18 988 K Google Chrome Google Inc.
chrome.exe 3284 10 280 K 18 516 K Google Chrome Google Inc.
SearchProtocolHost.exe 6712 2 308 K 7 736 K
csrss.exe 688 1 860 K 3 672 K
ACMON.exe 1756 < 0.01 1 924 K 528 K
wmpnetwk.exe 3924 4 512 K 6 828 K Windows Media Player Network Sharing Service Microsoft Corporation
WmiPrvSE.exe 3484 2 764 K 6 028 K
WLIDSVCM.EXE 2488 1 004 K 2 264 K
winlogon.exe 836 2 480 K 5 536 K
wininit.exe 768 < 0.01 1 296 K 3 556 K
wcourier.exe 4960 0.06 2 688 K 7 084 K Wireless Console 3
TBNotify.exe 2624 3 720 K 10 888 K TBNotify
taskhost.exe 1724 < 0.01 3 284 K 8 844 K Host Process for Windows Tasks Microsoft Corporation
taskeng.exe 1920 1 836 K 5 164 K
svchost.exe 1056 0.02 136 348 K 137 060 K Host Process for Windows Services Microsoft Corporation
svchost.exe 1236 0.01 8 444 K 15 044 K Host Process for Windows Services Microsoft Corporation
svchost.exe 1524 10 092 K 12 024 K Host Process for Windows Services Microsoft Corporation
svchost.exe 3272 35 188 K 27 164 K Host Process for Windows Services Microsoft Corporation
svchost.exe 1012 4 364 K 8 700 K Host Process for Windows Services Microsoft Corporation
svchost.exe 1772 5 132 K 15 008 K Host Process for Windows Services Microsoft Corporation
svchost.exe 5592 1 328 K 3 608 K Host Process for Windows Services Microsoft Corporation
svchost.exe 1776 1 632 K 4 712 K Host Process for Windows Services Microsoft Corporation
svchost.exe 2644 1 816 K 4 932 K Host Process for Windows Services Microsoft Corporation
SRSPremiumPanel_64.exe 2896 14 936 K 9 492 K SRS Premium Panel SRS Labs, Inc.
smss.exe 420 360 K 900 K
services.exe 872 5 584 K 7 508 K
SearchFilterHost.exe 2180 3 272 K 6 864 K
schedul2.exe 1868 1 596 K 4 212 K Acronis Scheduler 2 Acronis
schedhlp.exe 1912 1 136 K 3 916 K Acronis Scheduler Helper Acronis
rundll32.exe 6632 5 028 K 6 812 K Windows host process (Rundll32) Microsoft Corporation
RBTray.exe 4308 < 0.01 916 K 2 844 K RBTray
RAVCpl64.exe 4892 8 660 K 7 876 K Realtek HD Audio Manager Realtek Semiconductor
procexp.exe 3756 1 912 K 6 368 K Sysinternals Process Explorer Sysinternals - www.sysinternals.com
PresentationFontCache.exe 6000 25 348 K 11 180 K PresentationFontCache.exe Microsoft Corporation
pidgin.exe 3524 17 600 K 23 480 K Pidgin The Pidgin developer community
notepad.exe 2124 10 664 K 26 276 K Notepad Microsoft Corporation
NBProbe.exe 4504 27 920 K 45 032 K NBProbe MFC Application ASUSTek Computer
mmc.exe 1544 11 388 K 13 944 K
IDMan.exe 5356 8 632 K 21 056 K Internet Download Manager (IDM) Tonec Inc.
Fuel.Service.exe 2220 1 672 K 4 608 K AMD Fuel Service Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.
Everything.exe 2960 < 0.01 17 100 K 26 824 K
EVC5D8~1.EXE 2360 1 708 K 6 932 K Evernote Tray Application Evernote Corp., 333 W Evelyn Ave. Mountain View, CA 94041
ETDCtrlHelper.exe 3900 1 860 K 5 084 K
chrome.exe 7096 0.29 75 244 K 89 964 K Google Chrome Google Inc.
chrome.exe 7104 0.06 52 336 K 66 584 K Google Chrome Google Inc.
chrome.exe 5216 9 404 K 17 444 K Google Chrome Google Inc.
chrome.exe 5696 10 588 K 18 792 K Google Chrome Google Inc.
chrome.exe 3688 9 592 K 17 264 K Google Chrome Google Inc.
chrome.exe 5508 10 628 K 20 168 K Google Chrome Google Inc.
chrome.exe 3076 9 432 K 17 404 K Google Chrome Google Inc.
chrome.exe 5664 14 524 K 23 124 K Google Chrome Google Inc.
chrome.exe 5420 9 472 K 17 648 K Google Chrome Google Inc.
chrome.exe 6044 10 160 K 18 068 K Google Chrome Google Inc.
chrome.exe 5688 9 344 K 16 856 K Google Chrome Google Inc.
chrome.exe 4572 9 300 K 16 816 K Google Chrome Google Inc.
chrome.exe 6424 3 188 K 8 432 K Google Chrome Google Inc.
chrome.exe 6660 12 896 K 19 208 K Google Chrome Google Inc.
chrome.exe 5340 3 160 K 8 332 K Google Chrome Google Inc.
atiesrxx.exe 4480 1 236 K 3 264 K AMD External Events Service Module AMD
atieclxx.exe 4628 1 748 K 4 836 K
armsvc.exe 3780 1 136 K 3 652 K Adobe Acrobat Update Service Adobe Systems Incorporated
ALU.exe 1608 2 200 K 528 K
afcdpsrv.exe 1952 1 532 K 3 804 K File Level CDP Manager Service Acronis
ACEngSvr.exe 2152 1 736 K 4 504 K

Process: uTorrent.exe Pid: 5940

Name Description Company Name Version
advapi32.dll Advanced Windows 32 Base API Microsoft Corporation 6.1.7601.17514
apisetschema.dll ApiSet Schema DLL Microsoft Corporation 6.1.7600.16385
bcrypt.dll Windows Cryptographic Primitives Library (Wow64) Microsoft Corporation 6.1.7600.16385
bcryptprimitives.dll Windows Cryptographic Primitives Library Microsoft Corporation 6.1.7600.16385
cfgmgr32.dll Configuration Manager DLL Microsoft Corporation 6.1.7601.17621
clbcatq.dll COM+ Configuration Catalog Microsoft Corporation 2001.12.8530.16385
comctl32.dll User Experience Controls Library Microsoft Corporation 6.10.7601.17514
comctl32.dll.mui User Experience Controls Library Microsoft Corporation 6.10.7600.16385
comdlg32.dll Common Dialogs DLL Microsoft Corporation 6.1.7601.17514
crypt32.dll Crypto API32 Microsoft Corporation 6.1.7601.17514
cryptbase.dll Base cryptographic API DLL Microsoft Corporation 6.1.7600.16385
cryptsp.dll Cryptographic Service Provider API Microsoft Corporation 6.1.7600.16385
devobj.dll Device Information Set DLL Microsoft Corporation 6.1.7601.17621
dhcpcsvc.dll DHCP Client Service Microsoft Corporation 6.1.7600.16385
dhcpcsvc6.dll DHCPv6 Client Microsoft Corporation 6.1.7600.16385
dnsapi.dll DNS Client API DLL Microsoft Corporation 6.1.7601.17570
dwmapi.dll Microsoft Desktop Window Manager API Microsoft Corporation 6.1.7600.16385
FirewallAPI.dll Windows Firewall API Microsoft Corporation 6.1.7600.16385
FWPUCLNT.DLL FWP/IPsec User-Mode API Microsoft Corporation 6.1.7601.17514
gdi32.dll GDI Client DLL Microsoft Corporation 6.1.7601.17514
IconCodecService.dll Converts a PNG part of the icon to a legacy bmp icon Microsoft Corporation 6.1.7600.16385
iertutil.dll Run time utility for Internet Explorer Microsoft Corporation 9.0.8112.16440
imageres.dll Windows Image Resource Microsoft Corporation 6.1.7600.16385
imm32.dll Multi-User Windows IMM32 API Client DLL Microsoft Corporation 6.1.7601.17514
index.dat
index.dat
index.dat
IPHLPAPI.DLL IP Helper API Microsoft Corporation 6.1.7601.17514
kernel32.dll Windows NT BASE API Client DLL Microsoft Corporation 6.1.7601.17651
KernelBase.dll Windows NT BASE API Client DLL Microsoft Corporation 6.1.7601.17651
KernelBase.dll.mui Windows NT BASE API Client DLL Microsoft Corporation 6.1.7600.16385
locale.nls
lpk.dll Language Pack Microsoft Corporation 6.1.7600.16385
msasn1.dll ASN.1 Runtime APIs Microsoft Corporation 6.1.7601.17514
msctf.dll MSCTF Server DLL Microsoft Corporation 6.1.7600.16385
msimg32.dll GDIEXT Client DLL Microsoft Corporation 6.1.7600.16385
msvcrt.dll Windows NT CRT DLL Microsoft Corporation 7.0.7600.16385
mswsock.dll Microsoft Windows Sockets 2.0 Service Provider Microsoft Corporation 6.1.7601.17514
ncrypt.dll Windows cryptographic library Microsoft Corporation 6.1.7600.16385
normaliz.dll Unicode Normalization DLL Microsoft Corporation 6.1.7600.16385
nsi.dll NSI User-mode interface DLL Microsoft Corporation 6.1.7600.16385
ntdll.dll NT Layer DLL Microsoft Corporation 6.1.7601.17725
ntdll.dll NT Layer DLL Microsoft Corporation 6.1.7601.17725
ole32.dll Microsoft OLE for Windows Microsoft Corporation 6.1.7601.17514
oleaut32.dll Microsoft Corporation 6.1.7601.17676
profapi.dll User Profile Basic API Microsoft Corporation 6.1.7600.16385
psapi.dll Process Status Helper Microsoft Corporation 6.1.7600.16385
rasadhlp.dll Remote Access AutoDial Helper Microsoft Corporation 6.1.7600.16385
rpcrt4.dll Remote Procedure Call Runtime Microsoft Corporation 6.1.7601.17514
rsaenh.dll Microsoft Enhanced Cryptographic Provider Microsoft Corporation 6.1.7600.16385
sechost.dll Host for SCM/SDDL/LSA Lookup APIs Microsoft Corporation 6.1.7600.16385
secur32.dll Security Support Provider Interface Microsoft Corporation 6.1.7601.17725
setupapi.dll Windows Setup API Microsoft Corporation 6.1.7601.17514
shell32.dll Windows Shell Common Dll Microsoft Corporation 6.1.7601.17678
shlwapi.dll Shell Light-weight Utility Library Microsoft Corporation 6.1.7601.17514
SortDefault.nls
sspicli.dll Security Support Provider Interface Microsoft Corporation 6.1.7601.17725
StaticCache.dat
urlmon.dll OLE32 Extensions for Win32 Microsoft Corporation 9.0.8112.16440
user32.dll Multi-User Windows USER API Client DLL Microsoft Corporation 6.1.7601.17514
userenv.dll Userenv Microsoft Corporation 6.1.7601.17514
usp10.dll Uniscribe Unicode script processor Microsoft Corporation 1.626.7601.17514
uTorrent.exe µTorrent BitTorrent, Inc. 3.1.2.26705
uxtheme.dll Microsoft UxTheme Library Microsoft Corporation 6.1.7600.16385
version.dll Version Checking and File Installation Libraries Microsoft Corporation 6.1.7600.16385
WindowsCodecs.dll Microsoft Windows Codecs Library Microsoft Corporation 6.1.7601.17514
wininet.dll Internet Extensions for Win32 Microsoft Corporation 9.0.8112.16440
winnsi.dll Network Store Information RPC interface Microsoft Corporation 6.1.7600.16385
wintrust.dll Microsoft Trust Verification APIs Microsoft Corporation 6.1.7601.17514
WLIDNSP.DLL Microsoft® Windows Live ID Namespace Provider Microsoft Corp. 7.250.4232.0
wow64.dll Win32 Emulation on NT64 Microsoft Corporation 6.1.7601.17651
wow64cpu.dll AMD64 Wow64 CPU Microsoft Corporation 6.1.7601.17651
wow64win.dll Wow64 Console and Win32 API Logging Microsoft Corporation 6.1.7601.17651
ws2_32.dll Windows Socket 2.0 32-Bit DLL Microsoft Corporation 6.1.7601.17514
wship6.dll Winsock2 Helper DLL (TL/IPv6) Microsoft Corporation 6.1.7600.16385
WSHTCPIP.DLL Winsock2 Helper DLL (TL/IPv4) Microsoft Corporation 6.1.7600.16385

Having done this I updated to utorrent 2.2.1 build 26708 - CPU goes 100, then back to normal if torrent paused.

Help! Appreciate any of it, thanks in advance. Will send bitcoins to whoever helps me solve this (not by buying new hardware)

Phew....I'm going to try 2.2.1 now, but it would be nice to have the latest version of utorrent running.

EDIT: Tried copying a file from a USB-stick to my HD. 22MB/s does not cause a noteworthy rise in cpu, and it certainly does not go to 100%. So it seems this is somehow related to network card/drivers/whatever. But still there should be something I can do to improve my torrentsituation.

• 4 weeks later...

So... no solution? My little netbook-server is howling like it's giving birth because uTorrent has pegged its CPU at 100%.

Atom N270

2GB RAM

XP Pro SP3

MS Sec. Ess. (tried turning off)

Even more strange: When I uninstall uTorrent, it disappears from "add or remove software", but is still present in the system.

There is the same problem - uTorrent 3.1.2 high CPU usage (60-85% in user mode and 30-40% in kernel mode).

But after disabling DNA, unchecking "Override automatic cache size and specify the size manually", setting net.low_cpu to true and restarting uTorrent, the CPU load became saw-toothed curve with maximum 75%-90% and average peak width 20-25 seconds mainly in kernel mode.

208688766.jpg

uTorrent current upload: ~20 KByte/s

MemUsage: 70 MByte

But after 1 day CPU usage of this process (uTorrent:2504) have become 60-85% in user mode and 30-40% in kernel mode:

208701996.jpg

uTorrent current upload: 8-10 KByte/s

MemUsage: 384 MByte :mad:

WTF? Realy, WTF?!

I have used Sysinternals ProcessExplorer to view CPU usage.

This CPU usage leads to periodic delays of user interface in other processes especially in browser, office applications and games such as Quake.

System: Intel D845GEBV2L

Proc: Intel Pentium 4 CPU 2.4 GHz

Mem: DDR333 2 GB

Disk system: raid 1 with UATA 100 and 7200 rpm phisical drives

Net: Intel PRO/100 with 100 Мbit/s speed through NAT with port fowarding and 300 KByte/s bandwidth of WAN port

uTorrent:

version: 3.1.2 build 26773 32-bit

scheduler: 150 KByte/s bandwidth upload limit

• 3 weeks later...

Just to let you guys now, full uninstall / reinstall does seem to work. I have an EXTREMELY old PC (celly 533) which from uTorrent v3 + started hogging CPU (even 1 torrent would hog 100%). It now hangs around 30% which is quite acceptable (I think v2 was a tiny bit lower though).

After uninstall, please check systemdrive:\documents and settings\username\application data\uTorrent

If it exists, delete it before installing the newest stable version.

Archived