Tray icon problem

wilssa

I've always had it in my try icon and I have Win 7 Ult SP1 [32-bit]. If you don't have anything in the tray icon, how do you still know that uTorrent is still running?

If it is, make sure you don't have anything in the Boss-Key: field under Preferences -> General, it's towards the bottom on the left. I have it, so I don't have a lot of icons in my tray.

Also, you can change the icon of uTorrent if you're tired of seeing the GREEN uTorrent. It's very easily changed. Just go to your Start Menu, find uTorrent, right click on it and select properties, and towards the bottom, there should be a "Change Icon" (under Win7, I haven't use XP in years), and you can change it to what ever you like. If you have a skin for uTorrent, you can change it to the main.ico in your %AppData%/uTorrent/ directory.

I've always had it in my try icon and I have Win 7 Ult SP1 [32-bit]. If you don't have anything in the tray icon, how do you still know that uTorrent is still running?

If it is, make sure you don't have anything in the Boss-Key: field under Preferences -> General, it's towards the bottom on the left. I have it, so I don't have a lot of icons in my tray.

Also, you can change the icon of uTorrent if you're tired of seeing the GREEN uTorrent. It's very easily changed. Just go to your Start Menu, find uTorrent, right click on it and select properties, and towards the bottom, there should be a "Change Icon" (under Win7, I haven't use XP in years), and you can change it to what ever you like. If you have a skin for uTorrent, you can change it to the main.ico in your %AppData%/uTorrent/ directory.

Well, I can see the transfer stats just by pointing the mouse over that blank space.

L8dYg.jpg

Okay, have you gone into Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Notification Area Icons and make sure that for uTorrent that you have Show icon and notifications and not just "Show notifications" or "Hide icon and notifications"?

If this all checks out, then it could be something on your system that you don't have setup correctly because you don't see a lot of people with the same problems.

Ok, here what I did, one at a time

1 restart computer

2 reinstall

As you can see, icon still works for 3.3 - 29625

knW3u.jpg

and here what I get ith the new 3.3.1 (Build 29812)

tWcjn.jpg

But plp got he same problem a couple times in previous versions, it's in Google results.

Could it be a problem with the new icon?

• 2 weeks later...
Hi everyone,

I can confirm that I'm having the same issue as Member wilssa...I'm running WinXP SP3 and, after upgrading to latest version 3.3.1 Build 29812, there is an invisible tray icon as stated above... :(

Btw the same problem reported here (for Build 29782):

http://forum.utorrent.com/viewtopic.php?id=137168

FYI

Same problem with version 3.3.1

I am also running Windows XP SP3

Solution to the system tray icon not displaying.

Although the problem is solved for me, your instructions say...

"uTorrent 3.3 build 29038 was the last build that showed the system tray icon when you ran the application and, or, minimized it.

Any uTorrent builds after this will not show the icon in the systems tray for some operating systems such as Windows XP SP3, Vista, and Windows 7."

The last 3.3.2 build that showed the tray icon for me was 3.3.2.29806 (using Windows XP SP3).

3.3.2.29944 does not show (hence the tray.ico fix).

All versions since the the new lime green icon (introduced February 2013) worked apart from some of the later 3.3.1 beta builds including the latest 3.3.1.29938.

Solution to the system tray icon not displaying.

Although the problem is solved for me' date=' your instructions say...

"[b']uTorrent 3.3 build 29038 was the last build that showed the system tray icon when you ran the application and, or, minimized it.

Any uTorrent builds after this will not show the icon in the systems tray for some operating systems such as Windows XP SP3, Vista, and Windows 7."

The last 3.3.2 build that showed the tray icon for me was 3.3.2.29806 (using Windows XP SP3).

3.3.2.29944 does not show (hence the tray.ico fix).

All versions since the the new lime green icon (introduced February 2013) worked apart from some of the later 3.3.1 beta builds including the latest 3.3.1.29938.

To correct myself, the last version that worked, showing the tray icon, for me was µTorrent 3.3 Build 29625 Stable. This may be inaccurate because I don't always update when a new release comes out. So, as a result, I probably got the version wrong but does it really matter?All we know is there is an issue of the tray icon not showing and I wrote this fix for it. If you truly need to know where I got this icon from, it was from a program called "Software Informer". This program collects almost every icon of all installed programs into a folder. All I did was copy/paste the utorrent icon to the desktop and then renamed it to tray.ico then I wrote the solution instructions.

Journey

Archived