Utorrent UDP keeps timing out!

techmanc

How can stop utorrent from timing out on its UDP connection?

I tried resetting all my advanced settings but problem remains.

Not sure what info is required to fix this problem and could not find any help by searching that helped with the problem.

I been restarting program when problem occurs  to get it working until it fails again but thats annoying fix to the problem imho!

TIA!

How can you tell it times out? Does it happen with the default settings too? does it happen w/o your firewall ? w/o your router?

I thought about Firewall and Router Problems but how would they be involved if I can connect for some time always when using Utorrent after restarting?

I reset all advanced options that I saw so there all default. I dont want to go mucking about with all the other settings as might make things worse or lose setting I been using.

If you know of a setting to try I will test situation.

When I look at UI at the bottom on the UDP trackers it say connection timed out.

When it happens I see the status dose not change either until I restart program.

Its says some time for the UDP to update but update tracker function is greyed out.

So are other people just leaving this program running and when they add new torrents they kick in or does program need to be reset so often?

I assume there not having these UDP timeouts like I am getting.

When it timing out for me I can no longer get any torrents without restarting Utorrent, then the torrents  will continue to download.

You can try with my settings (@sig) or an empty file, and  can also try disabling your AV. Who knows...

I will check out the sig and new to tweaking  Utorrent. but  the normal function of the program should be can leave program running in the tray all all and it will d/l as needed without any timeouts or need to restart program when UDP gets timed out? I am new to the terms use but think I am explaining my problem right.

Ok I am back where I cant d/l

Status says connecting to peers 0% and the 2 UDP connections timed out again after trying to connect

DHT says waiting for Announcement

Local Peer Discovery Working

Peer Exchange Working

Restart Program and everything is working find the seeds and peers.

Verizon FIOS seem good for my 50/50 rated network that higher that rated speeds.

I am using a proxy with I learned how to use recently and get working but not been doing this long enough to compare before and after setups.

I need the proxy and works much better than my old setup using a VPN.

I grabbed the .dat file from your sig how to I use it to replace mine?

I got your settings installed still testing but how do I get torrent to d/l automatically when I add one is my first ques using your settings

Also like to setup  Utorrent D/L 100 of file size again at full speed as I have 50/50 connection and I rather just give full bandwidth to the file and capping my connection that way again.

Ok I am back where I cant d/l

Status says connecting to peers 0% and the 2 UDP connections timed out again after trying to connect

DHT says waiting for Announcement

Local Peer Discovery Working

Peer Exchange Working

Restart Program and everything is working find the seeds and peers.

Verizon FIOS seem good for my 50/50 rated network that higher that rated speeds.

I am using a proxy with I learned how to use recently and get working but not been doing this long enough to compare before and after setups.

I need the proxy and works much better than my old setup using a VPN.

I grabbed the .dat file from your sig how to I use it to replace mine?

From what I can read I think this is more or less related to ISP throttle. They detected the torrent usage and then killed the ports. And the Proxy how are you inputting it? Maybe a screen shot of it will show how it is set. Remember any regular internet usage they will not throttle but torrent usage and they will throttle it - they can detect it if your proxy is set wrong.

From what I can read I think this is more or less related to ISP throttle. They detected the torrent usage and then killed the ports. And the Proxy how are you inputting it? Maybe a screen shot of it will show how it is set. Remember any regular internet usage they will not throttle but torrent usage and they will throttle it - they can detect it if your proxy is set wrong.

I been testing all day with the new dat file and so far all seems good so just leaving program alone now I got it tweaked with some settings change. At some point I going to get some screenshots and compare what settings here making a difference so thank for all the help and will post back with any setting might not been setup right causing my timeout problems.

Why is it is that when I restart Utorrent I am able to connect to those blocked connections?

That why I trying to see why Utorrent causing the blocked connection if I keep program running.

If I was being blocked by firewall or someone else then I still be blocked by them when I restart program right?

I been getting around this problem by stopping and starting Utorrent and then its working the best for me

If I put my computer on DMZ with my router with it still be protected with proxy I assume yes?

I already opened all UDP traffic to my FIOS router and still learning this new routers interface and settings.

Here is a pic after restarted Utorrent with blocked torrent

I paused the torrent in the screenshot  thats why its showing as paused torrent FYI.

post-377748-0-89091300-1445784413_thumb.

Seems to be problem with PIA Proxy and posting that thread here but still acting up for me!

https://www.privateinternetaccess.com/forum/discussion/18733/problems-with-utorrent-and-maybe-caused-by-my-proxy#latest

This is beyond utorrent itself and you need to go to those parties and complain to them but if their agreement you agreed to includes a clause to throttle torrent usage then you have little recourse.

• 2 weeks later...

Are you running Windows XP? This version of Windows has a problem in TCP/IP that blocks applications that generate a lot of failed connections (a feature Microsoft put in to try and thwart viruses that try to contact random addresses). A program like µTorrent will run fine at first, but after several minutes you will notice that none of your torrents are updating to the trackers. Restarting µTorrent will often get it running fine for a while, but your torrents will slow to a crawl and eventually stop altogether. Check to see if you have torrents that are no longer registered on a tracker. If so, stop them, or remove that tracker. Remove inactive trackers from your torrents as they are unreachable and generate an error that causes TCP/IP to go into protective mode against the application. 

Another problem that I have noticed just today is that the tracker udp://open.demonii.com:1337/announce shows up as an 'invalid URL' in µTorrent with an asterisk (*) in front of the tracker. Remove this tracker entry from all torrents.

• 3 months later...

Tonight I was wondering if there was a way to to program utorrent to restart itself which due to still having the same problem with torrents  that stop d/l and connecting to peers which would automatically fix my problem. Didn't see any answer briefly checking with a web searching so thought I ask here where I already had this thread going. So can it be done with utorrent or another progam that has that function?

Archived