I paid for Utorrent....

robur

They got me.

I found this site: http://www.tvcentral.org/ and decided to subscribe and paid $19.95 for 1 year membership.... all I got was Utorrent. I never used torrent network before, so I didn't knew this was it. I realized that I was screwed when, after a web search, I downloaded latest version of Utorrent when it said "this software is free.....".

I'm browsing the web since 1995. Never thought I would fall in a trap like this.

It should have ticked my mind that a service with this kind of pretention would never use clickbank to charge a customer.

I'm so upset.

Robur

you should have really read the faq before you did pay :http://www.tvcentral.org/faq.php

I thought the software was free. Why am I being asked to pay?

The software is free. You are paying for the online help and support and the online tutorials for the lifetime of the membership.

like someone suggested above me, go to your credit card company to get back what you had to pay.

Their FAQ is really funny to actually read:

How long does it normally take to download a movie?

On an average, on a 56.6 Kbps dial-up modem, a 100 to 120 minute movie would take about the same time to download as any other 700-800 MB file. The time taken is directly proportional to the length and the file size of the track you are downloading. With a cable/DSL or any other broadband connection, it should take relatively lesser time. This is purely dependent on your internet connectivity, since different Internet Service Providers (ISP) offer different speeds. The download will be much faster if the internet traffic at that point of time is low.

talk about a non-answer.

That sucks.. it scares me to think about how much money people make with scams like this, and the worst part is that by the fact that they openly said that the software was beeing freely distributed and the charging was for the actual "tutorials" and info, they really can't be touched, also they're in theory not lieing since you can in fact get all them movies and stuff.. still it is a scam no doubt about that, maybe I'll do something like that... spend 20 minutes coding a cheap ass site with some php trown in for login and stuff, add some info on torrents and other p2p "solutions", link the p2p software directly to each's own official site and wait for the easy cash to flow into me bank acc..

From their FAQ...

I thought the software was free. Why am I being asked to pay?

The software is free. You are paying for the online help and support and the online tutorials for the lifetime of the membership.

i think filing a case will be very hard...

I found a site www.suprnova.com and this was a con as well. I ended up paying $52.63 for Utorrent download plus they rekoned customer support etc. There is about 4 questions and answers in the support section - in other words a big scam. I have just notified by credit card company to stop payment - whether they will or not remains to be seen.

Also, because I am very new to this having only downloaded one file - can someone please tell me exactly what types of file I can download, i.e. xvid, AVI, rip, dvdr etc., etc.

Also, having successfully downloaded one file, I tried another and got an error message "unable to map UPnP Port" - how come it worked the first time but not the second time - was it the file format?

I really do need some help with all this please.

Thanks very much.

Suprnova FAQ...

"I thought the software was free. Why am I being asked to pay?

The software is free. You are paying for the online help and support and the online tutorials for the lifetime of the membership."

Now, where have i read that before?

It's not only that question, it seems the entire freaking faq is pretty much the same as TV Central!

And over 10 million users with over 80.000.000.000 files ready for downloading? i find that hard to believe.

I'm still waiting for my credit card company to let me know if they will stop the payment. This forum is great - for new users like me its much easier to have someone get straight to the point instead of wading through reams of paper. Anyhow managed to download my 2nd file using uTorrent which I rekon is pretty brilliant - trouble is the file is a Nero Show Time file. Can I burn this onto a DVD - pointless if I can't!

Cheers

Archived