Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ultima

P2P-IRC down? [Nevermind... It's back]

Seems like chasingthesun (was that chasingsol?) wasn't joking when he said he was shutting it down.

Edit:

[22:39:45] ‹- notice -Global- [Firon] Seeing as how irc.p2p-irc.net wont resolve anymore... Please connect directly to the servers for the time being, and tell your friends. 66.252.30.123 and 82.165.145.57 are the ones you can use.

Use irc.p2p-radio.net or irc.utorrent.com to connect.

‹- notice -Global- [chasingthesun] ambrosia and I have decided to leave P2P-IRC. Our time has come that we need to move on. We will be delinking our servers and the hubs that we run. We don't know what is planned for the network, but we will not be a part of it. I wish everyone the very best of luck in the future. Take care.

And I can't seem to connect anymore... unless it was just a few servers that were taken down? =T

I cant connect there as well, attempting p2p-irc.net:6667 as a servre, connection refused.

[12:32:25] * Connecting to irc.p2p-irc.net (6667)

[12:32:25] ‹- snotice -reliant.p2p-irc.net- *** Looking up your hostname...

[12:32:25] ‹- snotice -reliant.p2p-irc.net- *** Checking ident...

[12:32:25] ‹- snotice -reliant.p2p-irc.net- *** Found your hostname

[12:32:29] ‹- snotice -reliant.p2p-irc.net- *** No ident response; username prefixed with ~

Any chance you'd be able to use this info? I'm still an IRC nublet, since I mostly idle, and rarely configure or play around with connection settings, so I don't know :P

No ident response means your port 113 is closed. IRC relies on an identd server and uses your email username prefixed with a ~ on most IRCd's as a fallback.

Where should I ask about other P2P-IRC-related problems?

(I am not able to upload to anyone via IRC and I don't know why.)

lol I'd ask if you opened the ports and allowed your IRC client to DCC properly, but knowing you, you probably did...

(For mIRC)

Options>Connect>Options>Advanced...>Port range for connections:

Check DCC and Other, and specify a range of forwarded ports. Done ^_^

doesn't work for me either.

Connecting to irc.p2p-irc.net (6667)

* Unable to connect to server (Connection refused)

ports were forwarded...

any more hints?

I know, and I didn't until now. but I tried anyway just in case... so , what do you think the problem is ?

PS: I saw inf having the same problems :(

Rafi, 82.165.145.57 is up. But it seems half of the servers irc.p2p-irc.net resolves to are, indeed, down

DreadWingKnight, if some servers are being removed, why didnt p2p-irc.net removed it from the dns BEFORE getting them down ?

Rafi, 82.165.145.57 is up. But it seems half of the servers irc.p2p-irc.net resolves to are, indeed, down

thank you inf! this was useful and did help. too bad no one else above could help with a corrective action...

[22:39:45] ‹- notice -Global- [Firon] Seeing as how irc.p2p-irc.net wont resolve anymore... Please connect directly to the servers for the time being, and tell your friends. 66.252.30.123 and 82.165.145.57 are the ones you can use.