the pains of windows

maku8ex

back when i was using win98 i used to reformat each week or month(in the best case)

i havent done that for almost 3 years now :) i reinstall windows every 5-8 months instead :)

btwi just saw other people complaining about this on another forum.. actually the thread was open (on the other forum) on the 14th of august.. and people complaining there said that nothing helped (even reformating).. it may be related to this - it's similar to msblast (2003)

maku8ex, u wont be able to open it and it's not in bulgarian so u wont understand it :)

what i suggest u to try is:

1. download the new updates (u may download autopatcher XP)

2. unplug the network cable

3. reinstall windows

4. apply the updates (or autopatcher XP)

5. plug the cable

6. if that was the problem, then enjoy..

WebReaper, u mean WGA notification, or WGA validation? i dont install the WGA validation update and i patch the other one so i have no probs :)

Every 6 months? Try 'weeks'. ;)

I've got to re-install in the next couple'a weeks, 'cos that WGA stuff is starting to get on my tits now. :)

reinstalling windows every 6-12 months is enough if you don't totally abuse and trash your windows.

Stupid thing is, I have a licence for XP (well, several - through work, through my MSDN subs, plus a couple of legit copies kicking around the house). The only reason I've got the WGA crap at all is because I'm using a licence from 'the old days' because I've not re-installed for a while...

Archived