ETA at seeding

cairel

O.o

It's not a leecher feature. It only informs the downloader when his/her downloads are going to reach the "completed" threshold.

an ETA on uploading/seeding is in my opinion an leecher feature because

then people now when they can stop share it with others :(

Er, no... people can stop sharing right after they complete their downloads anyway. If this is considered a leeching feature, then then the ETA to download completion can also be categorized in the same exact way, since people can stop their downloads once they complete their downloads. Alas, it's not -- and thus, this "feature" isn't either.

• 2 weeks later...

It is obviously NOT a leeching feature. In fact is the other way round. When you know the time that your ratio will be at least 1.00 you can decide whether to star or not one more torrent easily, whether to give more priority to the seeding, increase upload slots,..... Everything to complete your seeding part better. I really can not see the way to use it as a leeching feature

When downloading there is an ETA estimation, but once finished the download and just seeding there is no estimation about the time to get to the fixed limit (either ratio or time). It woul be good to hace such an estimation.

I'd like to see this as well! :)

Archived