Hide/show hotkey

durerca

This feature is found in BitComet, it called the "BOSS KEY". In Bitcomet, you press Alt + [`] and the whole program disappears from the taskbar and system tray.

This is so that snooping bosses who love to scan the system tray will not see it. You can only see it by the Task Manager [Alt+Ctrl+Del].

I'm all for this feature coz i download alot of "sensitive" torrents... :-)

I don't see why any hotkeys should be customizable in a BitTorrent client... You're not going to be navigating it like you do a browser or music player. It should be a quick add torrent, remove torrent, change torrent status, or a simple setting change. Adding a new hotkey for this seems a little redundant (I don't know... just my opinion =P)

Also, Alt+F4 isn't that hard to press... is it? I put my left thumb on the left Alt, and my left middle finger on the F4. Not so "yoga," and not so straining on the hand either.

I don't see why any hotkeys should be customizable in a BitTorrent client...

I personally think that hotkeys should be customizable in every program.

Also, Alt+F4 isn't that hard to press... is it? I put my left thumb on the left Alt, and my left middle finger on the F4.

1. I just don't think this is comfortable.

2. Since the subject is hide/show the hotkey supposed to be global.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
I don't see why any hotkeys should be customizable in a BitTorrent client... You're not going to be navigating it like you do a browser or music player. It should be a quick add torrent, remove torrent, change torrent status, or a simple setting change. Adding a new hotkey for this seems a little redundant (I don't know... just my opinion =P)

Also, Alt+F4 isn't that hard to press... is it? I put my left thumb on the left Alt, and my left middle finger on the F4. Not so "yoga," and not so straining on the hand either.

Agree with you on the first one. On the second one, not so if your keyboard is big and your hand is small. LOL

• 3 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived