Adding torrents from a remote location

PlayWithFire

This is one feature i would love to have. I'd love to be able to somehow be able to send a torrent from any computer to my home computer so it would start downloading it.

Azureus had the web-server, but that's too clunky, and i don't really need to have that much stuff running in the background.

One of the ways i thought about doing it is maybe e-mailing the .torrent file to myself, and then have some software at home check my e-mail every 30 minutes. If it finds a new one, download it, and dump it into a specific directory. µTorrent can just get it from there, i know about that feature. Is there anything like that avalible?

It just occured to me, that i could try the gmail drive windows application. Not sure if µTorrent can look in there though. Has anyone tried that?

It just occured to me, that i could try the gmail drive windows application. Not sure if µTorrent can look in there though. Has anyone tried that?

From what I've tried, I've been unable to map the GMail Drive as an actual drive letter. Windows references it through a namespace extension, and it shows up properly in shortcuts, but I haven't been able to set that as a drive. So far, I've tried using the DOS subst command, net.exe, and using it as a network place. I've also tried setting the reference to the namespace extension as the folder for µTorrent to monitor to no avail.

Here's the ID in case anyone else wants to try:

::{20D04FE0-3AEA-1069-A2D8-08002B30309D}\::{2B3453E4-49DF-11D3-8229-0080BE509050}

From what I understand, that first ID is for 'My Computer', and the second one points to the actual extension.

It seems to me that the problem with auto loading torrents should be listed as a bug. For people that leave the client open for long periods of time, it doesn't make sense to only check the 'auto-load' folder at startup. Perhaps a customizable timer could be added to check the folder every x minutes.

It seems to me that the problem with auto loading torrents should be listed as a bug. For people that leave the client open for long periods of time, it doesn't make sense to only check the 'auto-load' folder at startup. Perhaps a customizable timer could be added to check the folder every x minutes.

Unless 'bug' is a new name for feature request, as you're suggesting something different, or a different behavior which logically means as a feature request (even if it already exists in some form).

A bug would be something not working as intended.

Archived