utorrent vs XBT

crz_06

i hear and read alot of positive things about utorrent client. As current user of XBT (http://xbtt.sourceforge.net/), a client that looks alot like utorrent and shares the low cpu/ram policy, i'd like to hear from former XBT user why they swicthed. So far i don't experience much troubles with XBT (ok, it crashes sometime and downlads sometimes stall at 99%), so don't really have a reason to switch. But maybe someone can convince me. Is there some knowledge whether utorrent downloads files faster than other clients (heard that rumor), because that would be a good point. Cannot really test this myself, but keep up the good work.

I've used XBT before, and I wasn't exactly impressed with it. And no uTorrent and XBT don't look that much alike.

XBT's interface isn't very friendly.

Some of XBT's functions are buried.

The queuing system in XBT is horrid to configure at best.

All things considered, uTorrent has more features for the same resource use without even trying.

So far i don't experience much troubles with XBT (ok, it crashes sometime and downlads sometimes stall at 99%), so don't really have a reason to switch.

I think the crashing is more then enough reason to change clients, although I haven't tried XBT so I don't know how often it does in fact crash. :P

Archived