PC restarts

mak3090

I just bought a new PC three days back. Installed utorrent and whenever i use utorrent after sometime PC restarts. When i don't use utorrent it works fine. Is this related to utorrent or is it hardware problem? Checked my RAM too. And i get the blue screen error message when the system restarts. It has never happened to me in my previous PC. Everything was working fine.

... Do you want to get help with your crashing system? Or are you attempting to troll and use resources of the dedicated support on you while they could be helping others :/? The setting on XP isn't that difficult to find Windows+Break -> Advanced -> Startup and Recovery Settings -> untick automatically restart . . . :DThis will give you the BSOD message which should also list the problem DLL which will point you (if you have enough experience with troubleshooting windows errors) or OTHERs who come here for the expressed purpose TO HELP:) people point you in the right direction.

Nice way to start the new year mak3090. :/

Well... I did what you u people told me to do... The same thing happened again... Still the blue screen appears after ticking off the automatically restart... What am i supposed to do now..??? No offense here people... Am just being careful about my brand new PC.. Thats all...

Irrelevant whether or not your previous pc reboots or not. Short of someone coming to your house, what else did you want? You gave zero information on the error message, then practically asked us to mindread what you saw.

If you're too lazy then get used to the BSOD, because nobody can help you unless you got off your ass and start posting some relevant information.

...And if you think µTorrent was causing your PC to restart, you're only PART right!

The underlying cause that makes the computer bluescreen is something other than µTorrent.

Chances are, µTorrent was just pushing your already unstable computer over the edge.

If it gets worse, you could possibly lose everything on your hard drive.

You might want to seek professional local help...and SOON!

I deeply regret for my bad behaviour. Was really out of line. Sorry guys. Hope u can help me out.Here is the error message i get when it restarts. Hope this is enough.

BUGCODE_USB_DRIVER

Technical Information:

STOP:0x000000FE (0x00000004,0x88E3F008,0x898BA110,0x00000000)

Beginning of dump of physical memory

Physical memory dump complete

Thanks in advance guys. I am really sorry if i have offended anyone.Need help. Don't want to use anyother BitTorrent clients. Please help. :|

Sounds like a USB modem that's not fully compatible with...the internet!

Its drivers are bad, and uTorrent's heavy use of connections probably triggers the bluescreen because of it.

...OR your USB drivers for your motherboard/add-on USB card are bad.

Both (bad USB modem and bad USB connectors) are possible too! :P

It's a shame that so many consumer products are just plain junk. :(

Yes. Mine is a USB modem. But in my old PC i used the same modem and it worked perfectly with no problems not even once. µtorrent rocked. After i bought my new PC and installed it. It happened. I play online for hours. It never happened once. Once i switch on µtorrent and do anything, like when am watching a movie or browsing or playing. I also tried using older versions of µtorrent, the same thing happened again. What shall i do? Thougth it was RAM problem but ended up with no hardware fault. Or shall i try installing the modem drivers again? My modem is not a motherboard add-on. Its a external USB modem. But the thing is that i don't have any problem while i browse.

Then upgrade drivers. Yup your inkling is correct. Generally speaking ethernet is better than all other options since it has been established and is more reliable. Though USB 2.0 has a theoretical throughput greater than 100BaseT 100Mbit ethernet, there are usually more problems.. with bad drivers, or a cable, or something, which seems to be your case. I'm sorry about my talk before, I guess you are non-english speaker? But if you were unsure how to say what you wanted to say, you could have said something.

The reason you do not have problems when you browse is due to ... well internet browsing is the "tortoise" of the tortoise and the hare fable. It works because it has limited connectivity needs and cares little about your throughput and potential bottlenecks. uTorrent and all filesharing applications put networking hardware (and drivers) to the limit due to instant, persistent, and continuous usage of the networking hardware. Are you running a hub between your computer and your ISP modem? If so please try connecting your modem directly to your computer (I'm not sure of the limitations but a 3 m cable should work). Also if at ALL possible, please try to connect your modem via ethernet (RJ45).

See if your driver update helps and report back... I will also bet your computer has unwanted programs on it (bundled software)... if problems still persist after changing to ethernet, follow the steps in the How-To on posting a log below.

Archived