UTorrent Dowloading Problem

Infinite05

Actually, we'd like to point you to a solution if that's ok with you. ;)

However, in order to do that, any tracker messages you get would be nice to know. Your connection settings as well. Firewalls/other security software. Port-forwarding status. HijackThis/Process Explorer logs. So on and so forth...

Just as a tip re. giving relevant info. in a bug/problem report, you might wanna read this - http://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~sgtatham/bugs.html

What is the error message it stops with? Check Tracker Status in the General tab as ajones suggests. The other place you may see the error is under the "Status" column in the main torrent pane. double click on the right column header and it will auto-expand to the widest message there.

Have you checked out the Guides page? Link #1 is to the µManual. #2 is for Bittorrent Primer. #3 is for the Setup Guide.

hi guys,

hope this is the correct place to put this.

I am having real problems with uploading/downloading using utorrent 1.7.5

I have a green dot next to dht and port forwarding is working ok.

Firewall isn't the problem either. However, all my files have red circles next to them.

If I click on TRACKER in the general tab I get the message offline (timed out) AND connection closed by peer.

Can someone out there please explain what this idiot has done and hopefully how to fix it.

thanks in advance.

mucky.

If you have checked your halfopen as above and have not changed it, then the recent microsoft patch does not apply to you. In that case you may be overloading your connection. If you switch to the Speed tab and change to upload only, and scale to 5 or 30 seconds do you see a relatively horizontal line? This line would represent consistent persistent upload at or near your set upload limit, which is what you should do for best-usage practices. Additionally any steps you have already tried, and information you can provide from Ultima's How-To can only help you explain your position further :D

hi

thanks for getting back to me

on net max halfopen I have *200 (which it always has been.

on upload I am showing a horizontal line at aprox 300kbps.

I did try the patch but nothing changed.

on one download I am showing 21(84) seeds and 21 (88) peers. Yet my download speed is baring registering and the upload is no more than 2 03.

This problem has only been going for about 10 days or so ... before it worked fine. ALSO, it seems that utorrent doesn't work between the hours of 4pm and 12.30am.. The scheduler is working fine and I have not max'd out my monthly limit

any more thoughts please

thanks

I have had this problem in the past but then they claimed I was going over my limit.

now I am downloading at 60kbps and uploading at 40kbps but all the torrents are still red.

is there anything I can do..... hopefully..

another thought..I am running zonealarm and avg. they have never caused conflict in the past....might they be doing something now.

and why am I being blocked between 4pm and 12.30am!!

yeah, I've had this problem before and will contact them direct.

In the mean time I will try the suggestions you have given me regarding offline trackers and will let you know how I get on. For what it is worth my download/upload is working 100% (its 7.20am) and everything is 'green'. I thought that most isp's only tried 'blocking' between peak hours (6pm - 11pm)

Many thanks to everyone who replied. It is very much appreciated.

mucky.

Archived