DynIp trackers

DonAdmin

hi there

first i have to thanks you for µtorrent greet job.

no i´ve got an problem.

Trackers with dynip ip can´t be announce

if the tracker has re-get his new Ip.

It seems that µtorrent still use the old ip.

Is it a feature or an bug ?

version 1.22 an later are tested they all got the same problem.

is they any fix you´ve been planed ?

Greets Don

Ädit sry for my realy bad english ;(

i'm a user on the tracker which donadmin is on and i'm using µtorrent because its so tiny ;)

but since the client caches the tracker ip and getting timeout errors when the tracker gets a new ip and stats werent updated right, the admins think of something like bann the client - i dont want this - pls add an option to disable this ip caching.

btw sry 4 my english ;)

greetz gl4di4t0r aka n00b

same Problem here, on the Tracker from DonAdmin I had the same Effect, that after a renew from the dyn IP my Client could'nt connect to them. The only Workaround is the reboot my REouter and after that i can connect again to them. So it would be nice if you give us an Option in the advanced Settings tab to disable this IP Caching

Why would the admins want to think of banning the client for this!!!!

Because some people are way too quick to ban a client before doing some thorough research of their own first. :mad: Did it ever occur to these admins that IF there was even a problem to begin with, the best course of action would be to contact the developer(s) of said program and inform them of the admin's findings? Apparently not, and it's a damn shame... :/

Stats are updated damn fine with all private trackers ive used and it CANT leak ghost peers. Case Closed.

I don't think you understood the problem (regardless of whether it is µT's fault). He was talking about ghost leechers. This is where your client doesn't report to the tracker correctly and therefore you appear as a leech on the torrent even if you're not really downloading it (because you didn't let the tracker know you had stopped). If you have the wrong IP, this will occur. This can cause problems with users running out of "slots" if the site implements that too.

Because some people are way too quick to ban a client before doing some thorough research of their own first. :mad: Did it ever occur to these admins that IF there was even a problem to begin with, the best course of action would be to contact the developer(s) of said program and inform them of the admin's findings? Apparently not, and it's a damn shame... :/

that is what donadmin did - he is an admin of a tracker and this problem can only be solved if you restard the client - then everything is fine. why discussing so long - just a simple option in the advanced options tab and everything should be fine.

Archived