Where do the developers plan on taking uTorrent?

a1s19

One might notice so many feature requests being denied, i just had 4 considered stupid/silly and i thought they were good (granted one was already implemented, though it could be better explained for use within the app).

So where is it going? Where do the developers want it to go? What kind of ideas or skills should people have or be shooting for regarding this project? What's the next big step or future goal that will once again revolutionize P2P networks? Seeing as how so many requests are being denied, usually regarding the app itself as opposed to networking, i am curious to know whether this is the peak of Torrential file sharing.

I understand your second point, and i have no quarrel with that or anything, i am just wondering if the only thing holding back Torrential file-sharing's potential is wire technology and implementation.. At least here in the states we are lacking big time in that field; for example, it is my understanding that Canadians only put down fiber in any kind of developing area so there is no problem up there.. except i am not "up" there. heh

EDIT:

DreadWingKnight, i think you looked at my topic in feature requests entitled "A new project". The idea is to turn all idling computers into a super computer and such a feat is currently being used to help map proteins and other things like that. I forget what the project name is but people can choose which subject they would like to participate and donate their idle time to.

I think on-demand and live event internet TV will be very big, but trying to distribute data sequentially versus randomly will be a big challenge for bittorrent. They'll have to figure out ways to broadcast to millions possibly without bringing down the Internet.

Yeah streaming (sequential-ish distribution) is the most promising but difficult thing BitTorrent faces right now. And I'm pretty sure that is exactly what the people at BitTorrent, Inc. are working on right now.

Another thing is implementing BitTorrent into media centers (well you can turn a computer into a media center but thats an expensive idea I mean ready to use, easy operable, single purpose, cheap appliances similar to for example a DVD player). Another thing the folks at BitTorrent, Inc. are working on I believe (it was named as one of the reasons for buying the µtorrent code).

Another thing BitTorrent is probably going to be part of in the future is new (efficient and workable) economic models for movies, music and other media where current models (might) suffer from the easy with which digital information can be copied. Many ideas about this are being worked out and implemented even as we speak, including the movies released by BitTorrent, Inc on their website. The folks at www.torrentfreak.com regularly have articles about this.

Lord Alderaan, i proposed this same idea here;

http://forum.utorrent.com/viewtopic.php?id=36893

Ok, so my idea may have a twist but it's still the same concept and at the least one can say i easily mapped how it would work, by turning every computer into a server.

The idea can incorporate the idle idea but does not have to.

I wish i could reitterate my idea until somoeone, or people, could see the same vision, but i guess i'll leave it up to the experts.

Archived