"Remove and -> Delete .torrent" doesnt seem to work

eonaxes

• 2 weeks later...

Hello!

I've noticed that the latest betas of version 1.8 doesn't delete mine .torrent files located in the %AppData%\uTorrent folder after selecting Remove -> Delete .torrent. I just can't understand, is this a bug or is not? The files are deleted only if they are not Read-only. But by default they are Read-only. I open the files directly from Firefox with open-with function. I have not selected storage folder in Preferences. The only modification is that the gui.delete_to_trash is set to *false.

Firefox 3.0 RC3

uTorrent 1.8 Beta Build 10843

• 4 weeks later...
Hello!

I've noticed that the latest betas of version 1.8 doesn't delete mine .torrent files located in the %AppData%\uTorrent folder after selecting Remove -> Delete .torrent. I just can't understand, is this a bug or is not? The files are deleted only if they are not Read-only. But by default they are Read-only. I open the files directly from Firefox with open-with function. I have not selected storage folder in Preferences. The only modification is that the gui.delete_to_trash is set to *false.

Firefox 3.0 RC3

uTorrent 1.8 Beta Build 10843

I apologize for being dense but how is the .torrent being saved from FF3 that it becomes read-only?

For example, what are the steps involved?

It's when it's opened from Firefox, to µTorrent. With Open with: µTorrent.exe selected you press ok: With Firefox 2, the .torrent is fine, with Firefox 3, it's read-only. If µTorrent copys the file with all the flags set from %temp%, then Firefox 3 must be setting the file read-only. Checking my %temp% folder reveals a .torrent with read-only set, I just used Open with on this one.

Archived