user mapped-section open???

crutchfiea1

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That certainly sounds like a better alternative than disabling the real-time scanner. Honestly, for anyone experiencing this problem, they should try messing with various options in their security softwares to find out exactly which feature is causing the problem.

Thanks, and keep us posted :)

Ultima is getting somewhere....I think I fixed it, it hasn't gave me the error in 20 minutes *and I used to get it every 2 minutes*.

All I did was ctrl+alt+delete, go to my processes and I close all processes that has anything to do with spybot search and destroy and ad-adware. I'll update tommorrow *or today rather* when i wake up.

I think we found our problem. Close any processes associated with ad-adware and/or Spybot search and destroy.

Good luck everyone! If you don't have of those, close down any adware-spyware-anti virus programs you have.

*UPDATE* My torrent finished without getting the error so I believe this worked. Thanks Ultima and everyone else!

Rather than disabling the email scanner in AVG (which wont affect anything)...

Open AVG

Open Resident Shield

Click 'Manage Exceptions'

Add the path to your downloads (the files being downloaded, not the .torrents).

Then it wont scan these sections. The resident shield is scanning these files, which I verified with PsTools. This locks the files, and screws up uTorrent. Just add the path exception and you should be fine :).

• 3 weeks later...

I have had the same problem with uTorrent as the rest of you may also have been having. It did not occur to me that it was after I installed PCTools' ThreatFire that the problems mentioned in this that I then linked the two together. Being how this day and time is with online threats I was not satisfied with the answer to just disable or suspend active scanning protection of ThreatFire. The product seems to be a good thing that I may even purchase in the future after further testing and trials on my part.

So I tried what others had said in this forum topic here on uTorrent. I suspended scanning of ThreatFire to see if that elevated my problems. I did but now I do not have the protection of ThreatFire. So I dove it to the settings of the program via the GUI front-page and found nothing to control which programs it did or did not scan or interfere with. So I went onto the next logical menu Item on the GUI front-page "Advanced Tools". There are two tabs in the main window of the program within Advanced Tools, one is Advanced Rule Settings with on action button in the middle of the screen and the other tab is System Activity Monitor that show all the active program that ThreatFire monitors with an extensive breakdown window that shows what each program is doing and what it monitors from that program. This showed me that it extensively digs into the interactions of a program and does zero-day threat protection.

I then decided to test a theory that if I went back to the Advanced Rule Settings and selected the Custom Rule Settings that I just maybe can have my cake and eat it to. I found that the popup window had two tabs Custom Rules and Process Lists. I then determined that under the Process Lists tab I could select which process I wanted ThreatFire to ignore. There are two groups of windows under the Process Lists Tab, One is Trusted Processes (this is the one I used to get it to ignore uTorrent) and the other is Email and Browsers section. To the right of Trusted Processes is a column of action buttons. I selected New.... Then I used the new popup window to select uTorrent.

This has worked for me to stop that annoying user mapped-section open error on any downloads in uTorrent. With this in mind I believe that the security programs are becoming so sensitive that they are trying to stop legitimate processes to just be on the safe side.

Here is the order of steps to disable the scanning of individual Processes in ThreatFire.

1. Open ThreatFire GUI

2. Select Advanced Tools from the menu on the left.

3. Under the Advanced Rule Settings Tab Select the Custom Rule Settings Button.

4. On the popup window select the Process Lists Tab

5. To the right of the Trusted Processes box select the New button.

6. Find uTorrent in the new (Process) popup window and select it

7. Click ok to close the open window and complete the selection

8. In the Trusted Processes "list box" make sure that the process you just select is checked.

9. Then press the Apply button in the lower right-hand corner of that window.

10 close all windows and proceed to use uTorrent or any other process you also selected to it's fullest.

Below are the Some Screenshots of where to go in ThreatFire for a visual reference:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/t5hyjzw1ytj/Threatfire1.jpg this is the first screen

http://www.mediafire.com/file/nfgymky0gnn/Threatfire2.jpg this is the Advanced Tools page

http://www.mediafire.com/file/yjxagonyd00/Threatfire3.jpg this is the Process Lists Page

http://www.mediafire.com/file/ncmmtnjimo2/Threatfire4.jpg this is where you select which file you would like to ignore.

I will put this as a disclaimer: This is what worked for me & I know that ThreatFire is No Longer protecting me from any potential threats that might come via uTorrent. That is my personal choice. You must choose for yourself if it is worth the risk you maybe imposing upon yourself.

To Ultima: thank you for your postings along with others who have posted here it truly helped me to determine how to fix my on problem that had arose from these two programs conflicting. I personally believe it is the same with other security programs that may be interfering with the function of uTorrent. Most of then I would believe have this same capability to make exceptions for uTorrent activities.

Here is a list of what my system is so you may compare it to your own or others.

MS Vista Ultimate Ed 32bit on an Gigabyte P35-DS3R Main board, 4gigs of OCZ on two chips at 1066mhz, 2 terabytes of HD space between 3 drives, E8400 3GHz Core 2 Duo (Intel), ThreatFire (free ed.), AVG Free ver. 8.0.233, uTorrent version 1.8.2 with over 597 GB uploaded and 273GB download via Demonoid (Ratio of 2.19). So as you see I'm no first time user of these products.

I Hope this Posting help!!!

Hackhavn

No, we should thank you for going through the torture of figuring it all out for the rest of the community, Hackhavn :) I've never liked telling people to uninstall security software unless it's bad enough (*cough* Symantec/ZAP *cough*).

I shall now add this to the user manual for future reference. Thanks again!

• 2 weeks later...

I just downloaded a file, it got to 62% and it gave me this error all of a sudden.

Here is the HijackThis log:

Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.2

Scan saved at 9:44:07 PM, on 2/16/2009

Platform: Windows Vista (WinNT 6.00.1904)

MSIE: Internet Explorer v7.00 (7.00.6000.16809)

Boot mode: Normal

Running processes:

C:\Windows\system32\taskeng.exe

C:\Windows\system32\Dwm.exe

C:\Windows\Explorer.EXE

C:\Program Files\Windows Defender\MSASCui.exe

C:\Windows\System32\rundll32.exe

C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 8.0\Acrobat\acrotray.exe

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12\GrooveMonitor.exe

C:\Program Files\AVG\AVG8\avgtray.exe

C:\Windows\RtHDVCpl.exe

C:\Program Files\Windows Live\Messenger\msnmsgr.exe

C:\Program Files\Ares\Ares.exe

C:\Program Files\Windows Live\Contacts\wlcomm.exe

C:\Program Files\uTorrent\uTorrent.exe

C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exe

C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe

C:\Windows\System32\mobsync.exe

C:\Program Files\Windows Media Player\WMPNSCFG.exe

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12\WINWORD.EXE

C:\Program Files\AVG\AVG8\avgcsrvx.exe

C:\Program Files\Microsoft\Office Live\OfficeLiveSignIn.exe

C:\Windows\system32\SearchFilterHost.exe

C:\Program Files\WinRAR\WinRAR.exe

C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\HijackThis\HijackThis.exe

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896

R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157

R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157

R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896

R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896

R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157

R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,SearchAssistant =

R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,CustomizeSearch =

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings,ProxyOverride = *.local

R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar,LinksFolderName =

O1 - Hosts: ::1 localhost

O2 - BHO: Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Acrobat\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll

O2 - BHO: WormRadar.com IESiteBlocker.NavFilter - {3CA2F312-6F6E-4B53-A66E-4E65E497C8C0} - C:\Program Files\AVG\AVG8\avgssie.dll

O2 - BHO: (no name) - {5C255C8A-E604-49b4-9D64-90988571CECB} - (no file)

O2 - BHO: Groove GFS Browser Helper - {72853161-30C5-4D22-B7F9-0BBC1D38A37E} - C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12\GrooveShellExtensions.dll

O2 - BHO: Windows Live Sign-in Helper - {9030D464-4C02-4ABF-8ECC-5164760863C6} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Windows Live\WindowsLiveLogin.dll

O2 - BHO: Adobe PDF Conversion Toolbar Helper - {AE7CD045-E861-484f-8273-0445EE161910} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 8.0\Acrobat\AcroIEFavClient.dll

O3 - Toolbar: Adobe PDF - {47833539-D0C5-4125-9FA8-0819E2EAAC93} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 8.0\Acrobat\AcroIEFavClient.dll

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Windows Defender] %ProgramFiles%\Windows Defender\MSASCui.exe -hide

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NvCplDaemon] RUNDLL32.EXE C:\Windows\system32\NvCpl.dll,NvStartup

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NvMediaCenter] RUNDLL32.EXE C:\Windows\system32\NvMcTray.dll,NvTaskbarInit

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Acrobat Assistant 8.0] "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 8.0\Acrobat\Acrotray.exe"

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [GrooveMonitor] "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12\GrooveMonitor.exe"

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AVG8_TRAY] C:\PROGRA~1\AVG\AVG8\avgtray.exe

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [RtHDVCpl] RtHDVCpl.exe

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [iTunesHelper] "C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exe"

O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [msnmsgr] "C:\Program Files\Windows Live\Messenger\msnmsgr.exe" /background

O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [ares] "C:\Program Files\Ares\Ares.exe" -h

O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [AdobeUpdater] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Updater5\AdobeUpdater.exe"

O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-19\..\Run: [sidebar] %ProgramFiles%\Windows Sidebar\Sidebar.exe /detectMem (User 'LOCAL SERVICE')

O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-19\..\Run: [WindowsWelcomeCenter] rundll32.exe oobefldr.dll,ShowWelcomeCenter (User 'LOCAL SERVICE')

O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-20\..\Run: [sidebar] %ProgramFiles%\Windows Sidebar\Sidebar.exe /detectMem (User 'NETWORK SERVICE')

O4 - Global Startup: Adobe Acrobat Speed Launcher.lnk = ?

O4 - Global Startup: Adobe Acrobat Synchronizer.lnk = C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 8.0\Acrobat\AdobeCollabSync.exe

O8 - Extra context menu item: Append to existing PDF - res://C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 8.0\Acrobat\AcroIEFavClient.dll/AcroIEAppend.html

O8 - Extra context menu item: Convert link target to Adobe PDF - res://C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 8.0\Acrobat\AcroIEFavClient.dll/AcroIECapture.html

O8 - Extra context menu item: Convert link target to existing PDF - res://C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 8.0\Acrobat\AcroIEFavClient.dll/AcroIEAppend.html

O8 - Extra context menu item: Convert selected links to Adobe PDF - res://C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 8.0\Acrobat\AcroIEFavClient.dll/AcroIECaptureSelLinks.html

O8 - Extra context menu item: Convert selected links to existing PDF - res://C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 8.0\Acrobat\AcroIEFavClient.dll/AcroIEAppendSelLinks.html

O8 - Extra context menu item: Convert selection to Adobe PDF - res://C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 8.0\Acrobat\AcroIEFavClient.dll/AcroIECapture.html

O8 - Extra context menu item: Convert selection to existing PDF - res://C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 8.0\Acrobat\AcroIEFavClient.dll/AcroIEAppend.html

O8 - Extra context menu item: Convert to Adobe PDF - res://C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 8.0\Acrobat\AcroIEFavClient.dll/AcroIECapture.html

O8 - Extra context menu item: E&xport to Microsoft Excel - res://C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~3\Office12\EXCEL.EXE/3000

O9 - Extra button: Send to OneNote - {2670000A-7350-4f3c-8081-5663EE0C6C49} - C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~3\Office12\ONBttnIE.dll

O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: S&end to OneNote - {2670000A-7350-4f3c-8081-5663EE0C6C49} - C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~3\Office12\ONBttnIE.dll

O9 - Extra button: Research - {92780B25-18CC-41C8-B9BE-3C9C571A8263} - C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~3\Office12\REFIEBAR.DLL

O13 - Gopher Prefix:

O16 - DPF: {D27CDB6E-AE6D-11CF-96B8-444553540000} (Shockwave Flash Object) - http://fpdownload2.macromedia.com/get/flashplayer/current/swflash.cab

O18 - Protocol: grooveLocalGWS - {88FED34C-F0CA-4636-A375-3CB6248B04CD} - C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12\GrooveSystemServices.dll

O18 - Protocol: linkscanner - {F274614C-63F8-47D5-A4D1-FBDDE494F8D1} - C:\Program Files\AVG\AVG8\avgpp.dll

O20 - AppInit_DLLs: avgrsstx.dll

O23 - Service: Apple Mobile Device - Apple Inc. - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\bin\AppleMobileDeviceService.exe

O23 - Service: AVG Free8 WatchDog (avg8wd) - AVG Technologies CZ, s.r.o. - C:\PROGRA~1\AVG\AVG8\avgwdsvc.exe

O23 - Service: Bonjour Service - Apple Inc. - C:\Program Files\Bonjour\mDNSResponder.exe

O23 - Service: FLEXnet Licensing Service - Macrovision Europe Ltd. - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Macrovision Shared\FLEXnet Publisher\FNPLicensingService.exe

O23 - Service: iPod Service - Apple Inc. - C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe

O23 - Service: NVIDIA Display Driver Service (nvsvc) - NVIDIA Corporation - C:\Windows\system32\nvvsvc.exe

--

End of file - 7520 bytes

Here is the Process Explorer log:

Process PID CPU Description Company Name

System Idle Process 0 97.78

Interrupts n/a Hardware Interrupts

DPCs n/a 0.37 Deferred Procedure Calls

System 4

smss.exe 420 Windows Session Manager Microsoft Corporation

csrss.exe 500 Client Server Runtime Process Microsoft Corporation

wininit.exe 556 Windows Start-Up Application Microsoft Corporation

services.exe 676 0.37 Services and Controller app Microsoft Corporation

svchost.exe 912 Host Process for Windows Services Microsoft Corporation

wlcomm.exe 3572 Windows Live Communications Platform Microsoft Corporation

mobsync.exe 5992 Microsoft Sync Center Microsoft Corporation

OfficeLiveSignIn.exe 2108 Microsoft Office Live Add-in Sign-in Microsoft Corp.

WmiPrvSE.exe 1244 WMI Provider Host Microsoft Corporation

dllhost.exe 4692 COM Surrogate Microsoft Corporation

nvvsvc.exe 952 NVIDIA Driver Helper Service, Version 181.22 NVIDIA Corporation

rundll32.exe 1472 Windows host process (Rundll32) Microsoft Corporation

svchost.exe 980 Host Process for Windows Services Microsoft Corporation

svchost.exe 1040 Host Process for Windows Services Microsoft Corporation

svchost.exe 1104 Host Process for Windows Services Microsoft Corporation

audiodg.exe 1256 Windows Audio Device Graph Isolation Microsoft Corporation

svchost.exe 1140 Host Process for Windows Services Microsoft Corporation

WUDFHost.exe 2124 Windows Driver Foundation - User-mode Driver Framework Host Process Microsoft Corporation

dwm.exe 2812 1.12 Desktop Window Manager Microsoft Corporation

svchost.exe 1160 Host Process for Windows Services Microsoft Corporation

taskeng.exe 2560 Task Scheduler Engine Microsoft Corporation

taskeng.exe 2804 Task Scheduler Engine Microsoft Corporation

SLsvc.exe 1324 Microsoft Software Licensing Service Microsoft Corporation

svchost.exe 1360 Host Process for Windows Services Microsoft Corporation

svchost.exe 1552 Host Process for Windows Services Microsoft Corporation

spoolsv.exe 1896 Spooler SubSystem App Microsoft Corporation

svchost.exe 1920 Host Process for Windows Services Microsoft Corporation

avgwdsvc.exe 960 AVG Watchdog Service AVG Technologies CZ, s.r.o.

avgrsx.exe 2272 AVG Resident Shield Service AVG Technologies CZ, s.r.o.

avgnsx.exe 2280 AVG Network scanner Service AVG Technologies CZ, s.r.o.

svchost.exe 1248 Host Process for Windows Services Microsoft Corporation

svchost.exe 1436 Host Process for Windows Services Microsoft Corporation

svchost.exe 892 Host Process for Windows Services Microsoft Corporation

SearchIndexer.exe 640 Microsoft Windows Search Indexer Microsoft Corporation

SearchProtocolHost.exe 4204 Microsoft Windows Search Protocol Host Microsoft Corporation

SearchFilterHost.exe 3640 Microsoft Windows Search Filter Host Microsoft Corporation

FNPLicensingService.exe 2800 Activation Licensing Service Macrovision Europe Ltd.

AppleMobileDeviceService.exe 2352 Apple Mobile Device Service Apple Inc.

mDNSResponder.exe 4492 Bonjour Service Apple Inc.

iPodService.exe 5848 iPodService Module Apple Inc.

wmpnetwk.exe 4200 Windows Media Player Network Sharing Service Microsoft Corporation

VSSVC.exe 1728 Microsoft® Volume Shadow Copy Service Microsoft Corporation

svchost.exe 1060 Host Process for Windows Services Microsoft Corporation

lsass.exe 696 Local Security Authority Process Microsoft Corporation

lsm.exe 704 Local Session Manager Service Microsoft Corporation

csrss.exe 568 Client Server Runtime Process Microsoft Corporation

winlogon.exe 748 Windows Logon Application Microsoft Corporation

explorer.exe 2896 Windows Explorer Microsoft Corporation

MSASCui.exe 3232 Windows Defender User Interface Microsoft Corporation

rundll32.exe 3272 Windows host process (Rundll32) Microsoft Corporation

acrotray.exe 3356 AcroTray Adobe Systems Inc.

GrooveMonitor.exe 3364 GrooveMonitor Utility Microsoft Corporation

avgtray.exe 3372 AVG Tray Monitor AVG Technologies CZ, s.r.o.

RtHDVCpl.exe 3392 HD Audio Control Panel Realtek Semiconductor

msnmsgr.exe 3464 Windows Live Messenger Microsoft Corporation

Ares.exe 3656 Ares p2p for windows Ares Development Group

firefox.exe 4516 Firefox Mozilla Corporation

WINWORD.EXE 5564 Microsoft Office Word Microsoft Corporation

avgcsrvx.exe 5980 AVG Scanning Core Module - Server Part AVG Technologies CZ, s.r.o.

procexp.exe 1052 1.49 Sysinternals Process Explorer Sysinternals - www.sysinternals.com

uTorrent.exe 4216 µTorrent BitTorrent, Inc.

iTunesHelper.exe 6132 iTunesHelper Module Apple Inc.

wmpnscfg.exe 2436 Windows Media Player Network Sharing Service Configuration Application Microsoft Corporation

Process: uTorrent.exe Pid: 4216

Name Description Company Name Version

actxprxy.dll ActiveX Interface Marshaling Library Microsoft Corporation 6.0.6000.16386

ADVAPI32.dll Advanced Windows 32 Base API Microsoft Corporation 6.0.6000.16386

apphelp.dll Application Compatibility Client Library Microsoft Corporation 6.0.6000.16386

ATL.DLL ATL Module for Windows XP (Unicode) Microsoft Corporation 3.5.2284.0

ATL80.DLL ATL Module for Windows (Unicode) Microsoft Corporation 8.0.50727.762

avgrsstx.dll AVG Resident Shield Starter AVG Technologies CZ, s.r.o. 8.0.0.223

browseui.dll Shell Browser UI Library Microsoft Corporation 6.0.6000.16386

browseui.dll.mui Shell Browser UI Library Microsoft Corporation 6.0.6000.16386

CLBCatQ.DLL COM+ Configuration Catalog Microsoft Corporation 2001.12.6930.16386

COMCTL32.dll User Experience Controls Library Microsoft Corporation 6.10.6000.16386

comdlg32.dll Common Dialogs DLL Microsoft Corporation 6.0.6000.16386

comdlg32.dll.mui Common Dialogs DLL Microsoft Corporation 6.0.6000.16386

CRYPT32.dll Crypto API32 Microsoft Corporation 6.0.6000.16425

cscapi.dll Offline Files Win32 API Microsoft Corporation 6.0.6000.16386

dhcpcsvc.DLL DHCP Client Service Microsoft Corporation 6.0.6000.16512

dhcpcsvc6.DLL DHCPv6 Client Microsoft Corporation 6.0.6000.16512

DnsApi.dll DNS Client API DLL Microsoft Corporation 6.0.6000.16615

DUser.dll Windows DirectUser Engine Microsoft Corporation 6.0.6000.16386

dwmapi.dll Microsoft Desktop Window Manager API Microsoft Corporation 6.0.6000.16386

FirewallAPI.dll Windows Firewall API Microsoft Corporation 6.0.6000.16501

GDI32.dll GDI Client DLL Microsoft Corporation 6.0.6000.16766

GPAPI.dll Group Policy Client API Microsoft Corporation 6.0.6000.16386

GrooveIntlResource.dll GrooveIntlResource Module Microsoft Corporation 12.0.6211.1000

GrooveMisc.dll GrooveMisc Module Microsoft Corporation 12.0.6211.1000

GrooveNew.DLL GrooveNew Module Microsoft Corporation 12.0.6211.1000

GrooveShellExtensions.dll GrooveShellExtensions Module Microsoft Corporation 12.0.6211.1000

GrooveSystemServices.dll GrooveSystemServices Module Microsoft Corporation 12.0.6211.1000

GrooveUtil.DLL GrooveUtil Module Microsoft Corporation 12.0.6211.1000

hnetcfg.dll Home Networking Configuration Manager Microsoft Corporation 6.0.6000.16386

hnetcfg.dll.mui Home Networking Configuration Manager Microsoft Corporation 6.0.6000.16386

ieframe.dll Internet Explorer Microsoft Corporation 7.0.6000.16809

iertutil.dll Run time utility for Internet Explorer Microsoft Corporation 7.0.6000.16809

IMM32.DLL Multi-User Windows IMM32 API Client DLL Microsoft Corporation 6.0.6000.16386

Iphlpapi.dll IP Helper API Microsoft Corporation 6.0.6000.16386

kernel32.dll Windows NT BASE API Client DLL Microsoft Corporation 6.0.6000.16386

kernel32.dll.mui Windows NT BASE API Client DLL Microsoft Corporation 6.0.6000.16386

LINKINFO.dll Windows Volume Tracking Microsoft Corporation 6.0.6000.16386

locale.nls

locale.nls

LPK.DLL Language Pack Microsoft Corporation 6.0.6000.16386

mdnsNSP.dll Bonjour Namespace Provider Apple Inc. 1.0.5.11

MSASN1.dll ASN.1 Runtime APIs Microsoft Corporation 6.0.6000.16386

MSCTF.dll MSCTF Server DLL Microsoft Corporation 6.0.6000.16386

msctf.dll.mui MSCTF Server DLL Microsoft Corporation 6.0.6000.16386

MSImg32.dll GDIEXT Client DLL Microsoft Corporation 6.0.6000.16386

msshsq.dll Structured Query Microsoft Corporation 6.0.6000.16404

mssprxy.dll mssprxy.lib Microsoft Corporation 6.0.6000.16386

MSVCR80.dll Microsoft® C Runtime Library Microsoft Corporation 8.0.50727.3053

msvcrt.dll Windows NT CRT DLL Microsoft Corporation 7.0.6000.16386

mswsock.dll Microsoft Windows Sockets 2.0 Service Provider Microsoft Corporation 6.0.6000.16386

msxml3.dll MSXML 3.0 SP10 Microsoft Corporation 8.100.1048.0

msxml3r.dll XML Resources Microsoft Corporation 8.20.8730.1

napinsp.dll E-mail Naming Shim Provider Microsoft Corporation 6.0.6000.16386

NETAPI32.dll Net Win32 API DLL Microsoft Corporation 6.0.6000.16764

netshell.dll Network Connections Shell Microsoft Corporation 6.0.6000.16386

NLAapi.dll Network Location Awareness 2 Microsoft Corporation 6.0.6000.16386

Normaliz.dll Unicode Normalization DLL Microsoft Corporation 6.0.6000.16386

npmproxy.dll Network List Manager Proxy Microsoft Corporation 6.0.6000.16386

NSI.dll NSI User-mode interface DLL Microsoft Corporation 6.0.6000.16386

ntdll.dll NT Layer DLL Microsoft Corporation 6.0.6000.16386

NTMARTA.DLL Windows NT MARTA provider Microsoft Corporation 6.0.6000.16386

ntshrui.dll Shell extensions for sharing Microsoft Corporation 6.0.6000.16386

nvcpl.dll NVIDIA Display Properties Extension NVIDIA Corporation 7.15.11.8122

ole32.dll Microsoft OLE for Windows Microsoft Corporation 6.0.6000.16386

OLEACC.dll Active Accessibility Core Component Microsoft Corporation 4.2.5406.0

oleaccrc.dll Active Accessibility Resource DLL Microsoft Corporation 4.2.5406.0

oleaut32.dll Microsoft Corporation 6.0.6000.16609

pnrpnsp.dll PNRP Name Space Provider Microsoft Corporation 6.0.6000.16386

PROPSYS.dll Microsoft Property System Microsoft Corporation 6.0.6000.16386

propsys.dll.mui Microsoft Property System Microsoft Corporation 6.0.6000.16386

PSAPI.DLL Process Status Helper Microsoft Corporation 6.0.6000.16386

rasadhlp.dll Remote Access AutoDial Helper Microsoft Corporation 6.0.6000.16386

RPCRT4.dll Remote Procedure Call Runtime Microsoft Corporation 6.0.6000.16525

rsaenh.dll Microsoft Enhanced Cryptographic Provider Microsoft Corporation 6.0.6000.16386

SAMLIB.dll SAM Library DLL Microsoft Corporation 6.0.6000.16386

Secur32.dll Security Support Provider Interface Microsoft Corporation 6.0.6000.16386

SETUPAPI.dll Windows Setup API Microsoft Corporation 6.0.6000.16609

setupapi.dll.mui Windows Setup API Microsoft Corporation 6.0.6000.16609

SHDOCVW.dll Shell Doc Object and Control Library Microsoft Corporation 6.0.6000.16386

shdocvw.dll.mui Shell Doc Object and Control Library Microsoft Corporation 6.0.6000.16386

SHELL32.dll Windows Shell Common Dll Microsoft Corporation 6.0.6000.16774

shell32.dll.mui Windows Shell Common Dll Microsoft Corporation 6.0.6000.16386

shfolder.dll Shell Folder Service Microsoft Corporation 6.0.6000.16386

SHLWAPI.dll Shell Light-weight Utility Library Microsoft Corporation 6.0.6000.16386

slc.dll Software Licensing Client Dll Microsoft Corporation 6.0.6000.16509

SSDPAPI.dll SSDP Client API DLL Microsoft Corporation 6.0.6000.16386

SXS.DLL Fusion 2.5 Microsoft Corporation 6.0.6000.16386

thumbcache.dll Microsoft Thumbnail Cache Microsoft Corporation 6.0.6000.16386

tiptsf.dll Tablet PC Input Panel Text Services Framework Microsoft Corporation 6.0.6000.16386

upnp.dll UPnP Control Point API Microsoft Corporation 6.0.6000.16386

urlmon.dll OLE32 Extensions for Win32 Microsoft Corporation 7.0.6000.16809

USER32.dll Multi-User Windows USER API Client DLL Microsoft Corporation 6.0.6000.16438

user32.dll.mui Multi-User Windows USER API Client DLL Microsoft Corporation 6.0.6000.16386

USERENV.dll Userenv Microsoft Corporation 6.0.6000.16386

USP10.dll Uniscribe Unicode script processor Microsoft Corporation 1.626.6000.16386

uTorrent.exe µTorrent BitTorrent, Inc. 1.8.2.14458

uxtheme.dll Microsoft UxTheme Library Microsoft Corporation 6.0.6000.16386

VERSION.dll Version Checking and File Installation Libraries Microsoft Corporation 6.0.6000.16386

WindowsCodecs.dll Microsoft Windows Codecs Library Microsoft Corporation 6.0.6000.16740

WINHTTP.dll Windows HTTP Services Microsoft Corporation 6.0.6000.16386

WININET.dll Internet Extensions for Win32 Microsoft Corporation 7.0.6000.16809

WINMM.dll MCI API DLL Microsoft Corporation 6.0.6000.16386

WINNSI.DLL Network Store Information RPC interface Microsoft Corporation 6.0.6000.16386

winrnr.dll LDAP RnR Provider DLL Microsoft Corporation 6.0.6000.16386

WINSPOOL.DRV Windows Spooler Driver Microsoft Corporation 6.0.6000.16386

WLDAP32.dll Win32 LDAP API DLL Microsoft Corporation 6.0.6000.16386

WS2_32.dll Windows Socket 2.0 32-Bit DLL Microsoft Corporation 6.0.6000.16386

wship6.dll Winsock2 Helper DLL (TL/IPv6) Microsoft Corporation 6.0.6000.16386

wshtcpip.dll Winsock2 Helper DLL (TL/IPv4) Microsoft Corporation 6.0.6000.16386

It's due to the Windows Search Indexer; it opens up to index the files, rar files are on the file type exclusion list which is why it only happens in the 'big sprawl of files' downloads.

Go in to the indexer settings and disable indexing on the download directory.

Chris

There is no one application that's causing this problem. The only commonality here is that the applications causing this problem are monitoring file changes in real-time. Exactly what it is that they're doing when they're monitoring, I don't know, but knowing that may be the key to the entire issue.

Thus far, the most common causes of this error have been:

- ThreatFire

- AVG

- SpyBot Search & Destroy

There are specific components in these applications that are causing the error.

Edit: And yes, as was mentioned below, it might be related to unbuffered I/O, in which case unchecking the "Disable Windows caching of disk *" options in Preferences > Disk Cache might be of use. In the end, that's still not a solution, but a workaround. It really would be better if the devs could solve the problem at its root, but again, this problem is highly elusive, and so, it's difficult to fix.

Edit:

To anyone experiencing this problem:

- Tell us what security software you're using

- Post your process lists:

a) get HijackThis from trendsecure.com, run it, view the log, and post the contents here

B) get Process Explorer from sysinternals.com, run it, Ctrl+D (to show the lower DLL pane), select the µTorrent process from the list, Ctrl+S (and save the list somewhere you'll find easily -- like the Desktop), then post the contents of the saved process list in the .txt file here

As well, please get Process Monitor from sysinternals.com, log the µTorrent process (set the filter to include only events from the Process Name corresponding to the µTorrent process, or the PID if you know that). Save the log as PML, compress it (using ZIP or RAR) and upload it to mediafire.com or savefile.com. If possible, please tell us where in the Process Monitor log corresponds to the time µTorrent spits the error at you.

Hi,

I am running Windows 7 Build 7000 on my iMac (via Bootcamp), uToorent v1.8.2 build 14458, free version of AVG 8.0.237 (from March 6th 2009), no toher AV, spybot, firewall, etc.

Had the same problem with "user-mapped etc." error.

Just unchecked the "disable windows caching of disk writes" and it resolved the problem...

IMO the problem is (as Ultima pointed out) with any app that is checking open files...

Hope this helps someone...

"It's due to the Windows Search Indexer; it opens up to index the files, rar files are on the file type exclusion list which is why it only happens in the 'big sprawl of files' downloads.

Go in to the indexer settings and disable indexing on the download directory.

Chris"

tribute22 has the best solution.

This is pretty definitively the answer. No Software incompatibility, Just windows sticking it's nose in an inconvenient place. To turn off indexing go to Control Panel, the settings are in System settings in vista I think. And in performance and information tools in windows 7. worked like a charm. Good luck.

Considering the fact that some users on Windows XP are also experiencing this issue, and that XP doesn't actually come with an active indexer enabled by default (unlike Vista), I'll have to reiterate myself:

There is no one application that's causing this problem. The only commonality here is that the applications causing this problem are monitoring file changes in real-time.

• 1 month later...

Whats Up everyone Been using Utorrent for sometime now and have introduced it to ..... God at least 100 ppl lol

But got This error today and did a quick scan of this forum and found a good fix its AVG Resident shield That is causing this ( well at least for me anyway )

Disabled it a BOOM!! downloads started working again :)

Thanks everyone for the advice... and thanks to the guys for making Utorrent

• 2 weeks later...

I do use avg, win7 and latest beta of ut

What I have noticed (no specific done):

1. if torrent contains only big files - it does not hang up.

2. amount of hang-ups is proportional to amount of small files (I'm not saying that it hangs up 3. on every file that is less than specific size, but if you are downloading 100 of small images you will have to be sitting and clicking "resume" non-stop)

4. if torrent contains only one small file and it hangs up once it won't hang up again

It's only an assumption, but I believe when utorrent creates a file, stuff like resident shield (AVG) immediately tries to scan it, if utorrent finishes downloading that file before AVG finishes scanning it - you get a lovely error. Well that is not exactly my area, but something between these lines would explain a lot.

Anyway what i have done is excluded the folder where my partially downloaded torrent are stored from resident shield scans and it seems to be working fine (or I just got really lucky).

• 2 weeks later...

I've been using the Windows 7 beta along with AVG and have been getting the same error. It didn't affect all torrents, just some of the larger ones. Some of the torrents or maybe even all of them contain split RAR files. My AVG was expired and therefore I didn't think it was active.

I uninstalled AVG and rebooted. No problem so far.

• 2 weeks later...

I've just added my download folder into the Exception of the resident shield of AVG. So far no error. I am kinda afraid the problem can occur with other real time scan software. Now it seems we know what is the issue I will go on the AVG forum and they need to fix the issue as for now it affect Torrent and probably other download software. It might affect some critical process of the system too.

I'm not sure if it'll affect all other softwares though. This might be an issue related to unbuffered disk IO, which was implemented in µTorrent 1.8 as a way to get around some stupid Windows cache bloating. Unbuffered disk IO can be disabled by unchecking the "Disable Windows caching of disk *" options in Preferences > Disk Cache (as mentioned here).

Archived