user mapped-section open???

crutchfiea1

Pretty Simple Guys and Gals. And you'll all feel as stupid as I did when I discovered what was going on...

We all use CCleaner? Well, I do, and although I am no expert I know that it needs to access certain files and the registry. While the program is running I get this error on most torrents. Simply closing CCleaner fixes the issue.

WHY? I don't have a clue...Maybe someone else can answer that. I know mine works well now and I get no more errors...Are you too running a program that erases files, cleans folders such as Temp directories and such, or perhaps locks the registry? I was...

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

CCleaner isn't the source of the problem. You can look at the other HijackThis logs posted and find that CCleaner is nowhere to be found in the logs. As I've mentioned before, there isn't one central problematic application here -- it really comes down to which application is interfering with µTorrent's ability to access the files, which can apply to many softwares (mostly those that have some form of real-time file scanning).

• 4 weeks later...

First time reader, first time poster. I began having this problem a few days ago and after reading through all the posts the one soultion that I found that worked in my case was making an exception in AVG's Resident Shield to the path of my downloads. (not the .torrent file) as hackhavn described in his post about Threatfire. I've never heard of Threatfire but I figured it was a anti-virus/spyware program so I went from there. This works without having to uninstall your AVG. I'm sure that other anti-virus/spyware programs have the same options and they are able to be turned off after your download completes if you'd like the protection on those files again. My only suggestion is to scan the file after downloading just to make sure there's nothing hiding on you. Hope this helps!

I made a thread on the problem I'm having but can't post this in the thread because I can't double post. I've been having the problem and I get this error about every 2 minutes when downloading a torrent.

So I got HijackThis, and I'm having problems with HiJackThis, so I took some screenshots.

First off half way through the HiJack This scan, I get this error

http://i26.tinypic.com/aywym8.jpg

Then, when I'm finished with the scan, I get another error and am unable to get the log on a file to save and show you guys

http://i29.tinypic.com/2vv5eab.jpg

When I click "yes" nothing happens.

I need a ton of help so any help at all would be appreciated so I can show u guys the log.

That worked, thanks moogly. Here is the log.

Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.2

Scan saved at 5:26:36 PM, on 7/16/2009

Platform: Windows Vista SP2 (WinNT 6.00.1906)

MSIE: Internet Explorer v8.00 (8.00.6001.18702)

Boot mode: Normal

Running processes:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Hewlett-Packard\HP Advisor\HPAdvisor.exe

C:\Program Files (x86)\uTorrent\uTorrent.exe

C:\Program Files (x86)\HP\Digital Imaging\bin\hpqtra08.exe

C:\Program Files (x86)\PictureMover\Bin\PictureMover.exe

C:\Program Files (x86)\Hewlett-Packard\HP Odometer\hpsysdrv.exe

C:\Program Files (x86)\Hewlett-Packard\TouchSmart\Media\TSMAgent.exe

C:\Program Files (x86)\Hewlett-Packard\TouchSmart\Media\Kernel\CLML\CLMLSvc.exe

C:\Program Files (x86)\Hewlett-Packard\Media\DVD\DVDAgent.exe

C:\Program Files (x86)\HP\HP Software Update\hpwuSchd2.exe

C:\Program Files (x86)\Webroot\WebrootSecurity\SpySweeperUI.exe

C:\Program Files (x86)\HP\Digital Imaging\bin\hpqSTE08.exe

C:\Program Files (x86)\HP\Digital Imaging\bin\hpqbam08.exe

C:\Program Files (x86)\HP\Digital Imaging\bin\hpqgpc01.exe

C:\Program Files (x86)\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe

C:\Program Files (x86)\Trend Micro\HijackThis\HijackThis.exe

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://ie.redirect.hp.com/svs/rdr?TYPE=3&tp=iehome&locale=en_us&c=93&bd=Pavilion&pf=cndt

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896

R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://ie.redirect.hp.com/svs/rdr?TYPE=3&tp=iehome&locale=en_us&c=93&bd=Pavilion&pf=cndt

R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://ie.redirect.hp.com/svs/rdr?TYPE=3&tp=iehome&locale=en_us&c=93&bd=Pavilion&pf=cndt

R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896

R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896

R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://ie.redirect.hp.com/svs/rdr?TYPE=3&tp=iehome&locale=en_us&c=93&bd=Pavilion&pf=cndt

R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,SearchAssistant =

R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,CustomizeSearch =

R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Local Page = C:\Windows\SysWOW64\blank.htm

R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar,LinksFolderName =

R3 - URLSearchHook: Yahoo! Toolbar - {EF99BD32-C1FB-11D2-892F-0090271D4F88} - C:\Program Files (x86)\Yahoo!\Companion\Installs\cpn\yt.dll

F2 - REG:system.ini: UserInit=userinit.exe

O1 - Hosts: ::1 localhost

O2 - BHO: &Yahoo! Toolbar Helper - {02478D38-C3F9-4efb-9B51-7695ECA05670} - C:\Program Files (x86)\Yahoo!\Companion\Installs\cpn\yt.dll

O2 - BHO: AskBar BHO - {201f27d4-3704-41d6-89c1-aa35e39143ed} - C:\Program Files (x86)\AskBarDis\bar\bin\askBar.dll

O2 - BHO: Microsoft Live Search Toolbar Helper - {d2ce3e00-f94a-4740-988e-03dc2f38c34f} - c:\Program Files (x86)\MSN\Toolbar\3.0.0552.0\msneshellx.dll

O2 - BHO: HP Smart BHO Class - {FFFFFFFF-CF4E-4F2B-BDC2-0E72E116A856} - C:\Program Files (x86)\HP\Digital Imaging\Smart Web Printing\hpswp_BHO.dll

O3 - Toolbar: Microsoft Live Search Toolbar - {1E61ED7C-7CB8-49d6-B9E9-AB4C880C8414} - c:\Program Files (x86)\MSN\Toolbar\3.0.0552.0\msneshellx.dll

O3 - Toolbar: Yahoo! Toolbar - {EF99BD32-C1FB-11D2-892F-0090271D4F88} - C:\Program Files (x86)\Yahoo!\Companion\Installs\cpn\yt.dll

O3 - Toolbar: Ask Toolbar - {3041d03e-fd4b-44e0-b742-2d9b88305f98} - C:\Program Files (x86)\AskBarDis\bar\bin\askBar.dll

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [hpsysdrv] "c:\program files (x86)\hewlett-packard\HP odometer\hpsysdrv.exe"

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [startCCC] "c:\Program Files (x86)\ATI Technologies\ATI.ACE\Core-Static\CLIStart.exe" MSRun

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HP Health Check Scheduler] "c:\Program Files (x86)\Hewlett-Packard\HP Health Check\HPHC_Scheduler.exe"

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [updateP2GoShortCut] "c:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\Power2Go\MUITransfer\MUIStartMenu.exe" "c:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\Power2Go" UpdateWithCreateOnce "SOFTWARE\CyberLink\Power2Go\6.0"

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [updateLBPShortCut] "c:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\LabelPrint\MUITransfer\MUIStartMenu.exe" "c:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\LabelPrint" UpdateWithCreateOnce "Software\CyberLink\LabelPrint\2.5"

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [updatePDIRShortCut] "c:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\PowerDirector\MUITransfer\MUIStartMenu.exe" "c:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\PowerDirector" UpdateWithCreateOnce "SOFTWARE\CyberLink\PowerDirector\7.0"

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [updatePSTShortCut] "c:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\CyberLink DVD Suite Deluxe\MUITransfer\MUIStartMenu.exe" "c:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\CyberLink DVD Suite Deluxe" UpdateWithCreateOnce "Software\CyberLink\PowerStarter"

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [TSMAgent] "c:\Program Files (x86)\Hewlett-Packard\TouchSmart\Media\TSMAgent.exe"

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [CLMLServer for HP TouchSmart] "c:\Program Files (x86)\Hewlett-Packard\TouchSmart\Media\Kernel\CLML\CLMLSvc.exe"

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [DVDAgent] "c:\Program Files (x86)\Hewlett-Packard\Media\DVD\DVDAgent.exe"

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HP Software Update] "C:\Program Files (x86)\HP\HP Software Update\HPWuSchd2.exe"

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Microsoft Default Manager] "c:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft\Search Enhancement Pack\Default Manager\DefMgr.exe" -resume

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [hpqSRMon] "C:\Program Files (x86)\HP\Digital Imaging\bin\hpqSRMon.exe"

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [spySweeper] "C:\Program Files (x86)\Webroot\WebrootSecurity\SpySweeperUI.exe" /startintray

O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [sidebar] "C:\Program Files\Windows Sidebar\sidebar.exe" /autoRun

O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [HPADVISOR] "c:\Program Files (x86)\Hewlett-Packard\HP Advisor\HPAdvisor.exe" autorun=AUTORUN

O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [uTorrent] "C:\Program Files (x86)\uTorrent\uTorrent.exe"

O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [WMPNSCFG] C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Media Player\WMPNSCFG.exe

O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-19\..\Run: [sidebar] %ProgramFiles%\Windows Sidebar\Sidebar.exe /detectMem (User 'LOCAL SERVICE')

O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-19\..\Run: [WindowsWelcomeCenter] rundll32.exe oobefldr.dll,ShowWelcomeCenter (User 'LOCAL SERVICE')

O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-20\..\Run: [sidebar] %ProgramFiles%\Windows Sidebar\Sidebar.exe /detectMem (User 'NETWORK SERVICE')

O4 - Global Startup: HP Digital Imaging Monitor.lnk = C:\Program Files (x86)\HP\Digital Imaging\bin\hpqtra08.exe

O4 - Global Startup: PictureMover.lnk = C:\Program Files (x86)\PictureMover\Bin\PictureMover.exe

O9 - Extra button: HP Smart Select - {DDE87865-83C5-48c4-8357-2F5B1AA84522} - C:\Program Files (x86)\HP\Digital Imaging\Smart Web Printing\hpswp_BHO.dll

O13 - Gopher Prefix:

O16 - DPF: {1E54D648-B804-468d-BC78-4AFFED8E262E} (System Requirements Lab) - http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/srl_bin/sysreqlab_srl.cab

O23 - Service: @%SystemRoot%\system32\Alg.exe,-112 (ALG) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\System32\alg.exe (file missing)

O23 - Service: ASKUpgrade - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files (x86)\AskBarDis\bar\bin\ASKUpgrade.exe

O23 - Service: Ati External Event Utility - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\system32\Ati2evxx.exe (file missing)

O23 - Service: @dfsrres.dll,-101 (DFSR) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\system32\DFSR.exe (file missing)

O23 - Service: GameConsoleService - WildTangent, Inc. - C:\Program Files (x86)\HP Games\HP Game Console\GameConsoleService.exe

O23 - Service: HP Health Check Service - Hewlett-Packard - c:\Program Files (x86)\Hewlett-Packard\HP Health Check\hphc_service.exe

O23 - Service: HP Easy Backup Button Service (HPBtnSrv) - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files (x86)\Hewlett-Packard\HP Easy Backup\HPBtnSrv.exe

O23 - Service: @keyiso.dll,-100 (KeyIso) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\system32\lsass.exe (file missing)

O23 - Service: LightScribeService Direct Disc Labeling Service (LightScribeService) - Hewlett-Packard Company - c:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\LightScribe\LSSrvc.exe

O23 - Service: @comres.dll,-2797 (MSDTC) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\System32\msdtc.exe (file missing)

O23 - Service: @%SystemRoot%\System32\netlogon.dll,-102 (Netlogon) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\system32\lsass.exe (file missing)

O23 - Service: Norton Internet Security - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files (x86)\Norton Internet Security\Engine\16.0.0.125\ccSvcHst.exe (file missing)

O23 - Service: @%systemroot%\system32\psbase.dll,-300 (ProtectedStorage) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\system32\lsass.exe (file missing)

O23 - Service: @%systemroot%\system32\Locator.exe,-2 (RpcLocator) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\system32\locator.exe (file missing)

O23 - Service: @%SystemRoot%\system32\samsrv.dll,-1 (SamSs) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\system32\lsass.exe (file missing)

O23 - Service: @%SystemRoot%\system32\SLsvc.exe,-101 (slsvc) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\system32\SLsvc.exe (file missing)

O23 - Service: @%SystemRoot%\system32\snmptrap.exe,-3 (SNMPTRAP) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\System32\snmptrap.exe (file missing)

O23 - Service: @%systemroot%\system32\spoolsv.exe,-1 (Spooler) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\System32\spoolsv.exe (file missing)

O23 - Service: @%SystemRoot%\system32\ui0detect.exe,-101 (UI0Detect) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\system32\UI0Detect.exe (file missing)

O23 - Service: @%SystemRoot%\system32\vds.exe,-100 (vds) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\System32\vds.exe (file missing)

O23 - Service: @%systemroot%\system32\vssvc.exe,-102 (VSS) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\system32\vssvc.exe (file missing)

O23 - Service: Webroot Spy Sweeper Engine (WebrootSpySweeperService) - Webroot Software, Inc. (www.webroot.com) - C:\Program Files (x86)\Webroot\WebrootSecurity\SpySweeper.exe

O23 - Service: @%Systemroot%\system32\wbem\wmiapsrv.exe,-110 (wmiApSrv) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\system32\wbem\WmiApSrv.exe (file missing)

O23 - Service: @%ProgramFiles%\Windows Media Player\wmpnetwk.exe,-101 (WMPNetworkSvc) - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Media Player\wmpnetwk.exe (file missing)

O23 - Service: Webroot Client Service (WRConsumerService) - Webroot Software, Inc. - C:\Program Files (x86)\Webroot\WebrootSecurity\WRConsumerService.exe

--

End of file - 10200 bytes

EDIT - Any help anyone? It's been 2 days since I posted the log. I might just make a new thread in troubleshooting soon.

• 4 weeks later...

Two computer gurus spent 2 hours on solving this problem. It is caused by antivirus software scanning .jpg (or some other) files. This is what you do if you have AVG:

1. open AVG virus scanner console by right clicking the icon

2. go to resident shield -> advanced settings

3. change "Always scan files with the following extensions:" and remove whatever file type is causing the problem. To only ignore .JPG (recommended) enter:

;386;ASP;BAT;BIN;BMP;BOO;CHM;CLA;CLAS*;CMD;CNM;COM;CPL;DEV;DLL;DO*;DRV;EML;EXE;GIF;HLP;HT*;INI;JS*;LNK;MD*;MSG;NWS;OCX;OV*;PCX;PDF;PGM;PHP*;PIF;PL*;PNG;POT;PP*;SCR;SHS;SMM;SWF;SYS;TIF;VBE;VBS;VBX;VXD;WMF;XL*;XML;ZL*

PS: Ignore ppl like vandan who recommend that you add the download folder as an exception.. That's just wrong on so many levels =)

Good luck!

SOLR

• 4 weeks later...

@yoursaviour, i would like to know how is that wrong, especially when you have to manually handpick each file type you download, and keep adding it as an exception... cant keep doing that forever... to many filetypes outthere ;-)

Hello Guys,

I Didnt have the time to go through each reply to figure out if someone has already posted a fix for AVG Users...

But i found a fix and i thought ill post it for myself ... :)

So, the problem is with the program called Resident Shield... evidently it keeps scanning the files that are frequently accessed, thus, downloading torrent files are a natural selection of frequent scans...

so what happens from time to time is that, both utorrent and resident shield try and access the same file at the exact same time, thus causing the error.

The solution is simple,

simply exclude the downloads folder from the resident shield, by adding an exception.

Steps

1. AVG > Overview > Resident Shield

2. Find a button at the bottom that Says 'Manage Exceptions'

3. Add the Downloads path.

4. OK / Apply

5. Force Start (for the last time)

Thats should do it :) !

@yoursavior: How is ignoring extensions any better? In fact, I'd say it's an even worse workaround. Filetype ignoring would work globally, so if the user follows your advice and ignores EXE files just because AVG and µTorrent were fighting over access to an EXE file, the entire point behind Resident Shield is lost, because all executable files will be allowed to run without first being scanned.

If excluding paths is wrong on so many levels, then perhaps you should enumerate the problems, because I see very few disadvantages. All the user needs to remember is that they should not be accessing anything inside the specially excluded in-progress download directories. So those directories would simply act as quarantines. In fact, if you have a version of Windows that allows you to control file access permissions (like Windows XP Professional, or whatever), then files in specific directories can be made unexecutable, so that they'd have to be moved/copied out before the user can run them. Certainly much easier than remembering "oh, I shouldn't run EXE files downloaded through BitTorrent without first manually running them by AVG".

• 3 weeks later...

Gunish's AVG post worked for me. I put the incomplete downloads directory in the exceptions list. Working like a charm now!

I'd imagine the error indicates something is attempting to access the file while it is trying to download. That could include A/V & malware/spyware programs or sync/backup programs.

Thanks for the help!

Im using pc tools internet security

i just had to disable file guard and BOOM!! my torrents started to work

Now here is the problem

when i have disabled fileguard my download speeds have decreased drastically

there is no firewall problem

when i enable file guard the downloads go at full speed but after two minutes

i get the user mapped section error

tried disabling the diskcache writes, does not work

Vista Ultimate 32bit

uTorrent 1.8.4 build 16688

Please Help!!!

I figured mine out in about 10 minutes. I came here to post it and it was already here.

Just follow what 'gunish' posted above. It's not hard to figure out people.

If you are using any other type of anti-virus/spyware/malware/etc., just change the exception. Almost all, if not all, of these types of programs have an 'exception function'.

• 2 weeks later...

The problem is AVG and other on-demand virus scanners. I've found a fix to this that allows you to still scan the file when it's done downloading and doesn't involve modifying your virus scanner.

Simply go into the uTorrent options and select "Append .!ut to incomplete files" if this is activated then the files uTorrent is still downloading have an extension that AVG does not scan as part of its virus shield activities, however the .!ut is removed when the file is fully downloaded thus allowing AVG to "see" the file and scan it. By using this option you should not encounter the error anymore and still be protected when downloading torrents.

Enjoy!

• 3 weeks later...

Hi guys, I recently encountered this problem on a single torrent several times and did what everyone suggested, it's working fine now. However, I'm wondering if it's necessary to d/l the entire torrent all over again... it's a 12G torrent and I'm already 80% into it, but at the same time, I'm also afraid that some files might become corrupted due to this error, could anyone kindly suggest some solutions? Thanks in advance.

Here's what worked for me:

With Windows Vista and Windows 7, the Windows Search Indexer is on by default. This can trigger the 'user mapped section open' condition, especially with torrents that contain a large number of files. Assuming, of course, that your download folder is in a location that Windows Search indexes.

The easiest way I have found to fix this is to utilize uTorrent's ability to store completed downloads in a different location than incomplete downloads. You then tell Windows Search not to index the folder where incomplete downloads are temporarily held.

For example, in uTorrent-

Preferences -> Directories -> 'Put new downloads in': C:\Users\MyAccount\Downloads\Incomplete

Preferences -> Directories -> 'Move completed downloads to': C:\Users\MyAccount\Downloads

Then click Start -> Type in and then click on "Indexing Options"

Drill down into C:\Users\MyAccount\Downloads then uncheck the 'Incomplete' folder. Click OK then Close.

This will only take affect for newly added torrents. In order to save progress of downloads you have already started, just move the torrent's enclosed files into the 'Incomplete' folder then delete and re-add the torrent to uTorrent. This will then find the partial download in 'Incomplete' and resume from there.

Vanan in post #167 hit the nail on the head!!

Just select "Append .!ut to incomplete files" and you are done. Problem solved.

You can select this under Options > Preferences > General > "When Downloading" section.

I was having the same problem running WIndows 7 with AVG. Vanan's post fixed this problem with only having to check one box. Awesome find and fix Vanan.

Thanks!!

I've had this problem on one computer (Vista 32 home), on one torrent (one with a mass of files), due to AVG.

As there are several named causes for this bug a fix would be better on uTorrent's side. It may not really be uTorrent's fault, but a fix there would fix multiple causes. The way I imagine the bug appears is like this:

1. uTorrent downloads streams of data from the torrent

2. The user's data stream scan software hesitates on a piece of data it needs to check carefully

3. Then either the scan software takes ownership of the file and denies uTorrent write access, or else the hesitation itself causes some timer/counter within uTorrent to expire

4. uTorrent declares that the user must have the file opened, and stops trying to write to it

If the theory is right, then here would be a few possible solutions:

1. Increase the timeout period (or allow the user to specifically increase the timeout period for specific torrents)

2. Increase the reattempt count (if you guys do that instead of a timeout)

3. Ignore write permission problems, and continue downloading other pieces while periodically reattempting the stuck piece after long pauses (e.g. every 5%)

D

Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.2

Scan saved at 7:25:00 PM, on 11/17/2009

Platform: Unknown Windows (WinNT 6.01.3504)

MSIE: Internet Explorer v8.00 (8.00.7600.16385)

Boot mode: Normal

Running processes:

E:\Windows\system32\taskhost.exe

E:\Windows\system32\Dwm.exe

E:\Windows\Explorer.EXE

E:\Windows\RtHDVCpl.exe

E:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 8.0\Acrobat\Acrotray.exe

E:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12\GrooveMonitor.exe

E:\Program Files\Pure Networks\Network Magic\nmapp.exe

E:\Program Files\Common Files\Pure Networks Shared\Platform\nmctxth.exe

E:\Program Files\PowerISO\PWRISOVM.EXE

E:\Program Files\Zune\ZuneLauncher.exe

E:\Program Files\AVG\AVG9\avgtray.exe

E:\Program Files\Windows Sidebar\sidebar.exe

E:\Program Files\The Weather Channel FW\Desktop\DesktopWeather.exe

E:\Program Files\Common Files\Nero\Lib\NMIndexStoreSvr.exe

E:\Program Files\Common Files\LightScribe\LightScribeControlPanel.exe

E:\Program Files\Google\GoogleToolbarNotifier\GoogleToolbarNotifier.exe

E:\Program Files\AVG\AVG9\Identity Protection\agent\bin\avgidsmonitor.exe

E:\Windows\system32\conhost.exe

E:\Program Files\Webroot\Washer\wwDisp.exe

E:\Program Files\Common Files\Nero\Lib\NeroGadgetCMServer.exe

E:\Program Files\uTorrent\uTorrent.exe

E:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe

E:\Program Files\Trend Micro\HijackThis\HijackThis.exe

R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.ask.com?o=15179&l=dis

R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157

R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896

R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896

R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings,ProxyOverride = *.local

R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar,LinksFolderName =

R3 - URLSearchHook: AVG Security Toolbar BHO - {A3BC75A2-1F87-4686-AA43-5347D756017C} - E:\Program Files\AVG\AVG9\Toolbar\IEToolbar.dll

O1 - Hosts: ::1 localhost

O2 - BHO: (no name) - {02478D38-C3F9-4efb-9B51-7695ECA05670} - (no file)

O2 - BHO: Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - E:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Acrobat\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll

O2 - BHO: WormRadar.com IESiteBlocker.NavFilter - {3CA2F312-6F6E-4B53-A66E-4E65E497C8C0} - E:\Program Files\AVG\AVG9\avgssie.dll

O2 - BHO: Groove GFS Browser Helper - {72853161-30C5-4D22-B7F9-0BBC1D38A37E} - E:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12\GrooveShellExtensions.dll

O2 - BHO: AVG Security Toolbar BHO - {A3BC75A2-1F87-4686-AA43-5347D756017C} - E:\Program Files\AVG\AVG9\Toolbar\IEToolbar.dll

O2 - BHO: Google Toolbar Helper - {AA58ED58-01DD-4d91-8333-CF10577473F7} - E:\Program Files\Google\Google Toolbar\GoogleToolbar_32.dll

O2 - BHO: Adobe PDF Conversion Toolbar Helper - {AE7CD045-E861-484f-8273-0445EE161910} - E:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 8.0\Acrobat\AcroIEFavClient.dll

O2 - BHO: Google Toolbar Notifier BHO - {AF69DE43-7D58-4638-B6FA-CE66B5AD205D} - E:\Program Files\Google\GoogleToolbarNotifier\5.3.4501.1418\swg.dll

O2 - BHO: Google Dictionary Compression sdch - {C84D72FE-E17D-4195-BB24-76C02E2E7C4E} - E:\Program Files\Google\Google Toolbar\Component\fastsearch_B7C5AC242193BB3E.dll

O2 - BHO: Ask Toolbar BHO - {D4027C7F-154A-4066-A1AD-4243D8127440} - E:\Program Files\Ask.com\GenericAskToolbar.dll

O3 - Toolbar: Google Toolbar - {2318C2B1-4965-11d4-9B18-009027A5CD4F} - E:\Program Files\Google\Google Toolbar\GoogleToolbar_32.dll

O3 - Toolbar: Adobe PDF - {47833539-D0C5-4125-9FA8-0819E2EAAC93} - E:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 8.0\Acrobat\AcroIEFavClient.dll

O3 - Toolbar: AVG Security Toolbar - {CCC7A320-B3CA-4199-B1A6-9F516DD69829} - E:\Program Files\AVG\AVG9\Toolbar\IEToolbar.dll

O3 - Toolbar: Ask Toolbar - {D4027C7F-154A-4066-A1AD-4243D8127440} - E:\Program Files\Ask.com\GenericAskToolbar.dll

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [RtHDVCpl] RtHDVCpl.exe

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Acrobat Assistant 8.0] "E:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 8.0\Acrobat\Acrotray.exe"

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AppleSyncNotifier] E:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\bin\AppleSyncNotifier.exe

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [GrooveMonitor] "E:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12\GrooveMonitor.exe"

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NBKeyScan] "E:\Program Files\Nero\Nero8\Nero BackItUp\NBKeyScan.exe"

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [nmapp] "E:\Program Files\Pure Networks\Network Magic\nmapp.exe" -autorun -nosplash

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [nmctxth] "E:\Program Files\Common Files\Pure Networks Shared\Platform\nmctxth.exe"

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [PWRISOVM.EXE] "E:\Program Files\PowerISO\PWRISOVM.EXE"

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "E:\Program Files\QuickTime\QTTask.exe" -atboottime

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Zune Launcher] "E:\Program Files\Zune\ZuneLauncher.exe"

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AVG9_TRAY] E:\PROGRA~1\AVG\AVG9\avgtray.exe

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Adobe ARM] "E:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\ARM\1.0\AdobeARM.exe"

O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [sidebar] E:\Program Files\Windows Sidebar\sidebar.exe /autoRun

O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [DW6] "E:\Program Files\The Weather Channel FW\Desktop\DesktopWeather.exe"

O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [ehTray.exe] E:\Windows\ehome\ehTray.exe

O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [indxStoreSvr_{79662E04-7C6C-4d9f-84C7-88D8A56B10AA}] "E:\Program Files\Common Files\Nero\Lib\NMIndexStoreSvr.exe" ASO-616B5711-6DAE-4795-A05F-39A1E5104020

O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [LightScribe Control Panel] "E:\Program Files\Common Files\LightScribe\LightScribeControlPanel.exe" -hidden

O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [swg] "E:\Program Files\Google\GoogleToolbarNotifier\GoogleToolbarNotifier.exe"

O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Window Washer] "E:\Program Files\Webroot\Washer\wwDisp.exe"

O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-19\..\Run: [sidebar] %ProgramFiles%\Windows Sidebar\Sidebar.exe /autoRun (User 'LOCAL SERVICE')

O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-19\..\RunOnce: [mctadmin] E:\Windows\System32\mctadmin.exe (User 'LOCAL SERVICE')

O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-20\..\Run: [sidebar] %ProgramFiles%\Windows Sidebar\Sidebar.exe /autoRun (User 'NETWORK SERVICE')

O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-20\..\RunOnce: [mctadmin] E:\Windows\System32\mctadmin.exe (User 'NETWORK SERVICE')

O4 - Startup: OneNote 2007 Screen Clipper and Launcher.lnk = E:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12\ONENOTEM.EXE

O8 - Extra context menu item: Append to existing PDF - res://E:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 8.0\Acrobat\AcroIEFavClient.dll/AcroIEAppend.html

O8 - Extra context menu item: Convert link target to Adobe PDF - res://E:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 8.0\Acrobat\AcroIEFavClient.dll/AcroIECapture.html

O8 - Extra context menu item: Convert link target to existing PDF - res://E:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 8.0\Acrobat\AcroIEFavClient.dll/AcroIEAppend.html

O8 - Extra context menu item: Convert selected links to Adobe PDF - res://E:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 8.0\Acrobat\AcroIEFavClient.dll/AcroIECaptureSelLinks.html

O8 - Extra context menu item: Convert selected links to existing PDF - res://E:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 8.0\Acrobat\AcroIEFavClient.dll/AcroIEAppendSelLinks.html

O8 - Extra context menu item: Convert selection to Adobe PDF - res://E:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 8.0\Acrobat\AcroIEFavClient.dll/AcroIECapture.html

O8 - Extra context menu item: Convert selection to existing PDF - res://E:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 8.0\Acrobat\AcroIEFavClient.dll/AcroIEAppend.html

O8 - Extra context menu item: Convert to Adobe PDF - res://E:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 8.0\Acrobat\AcroIEFavClient.dll/AcroIECapture.html

O8 - Extra context menu item: E&xport to Microsoft Excel - res://E:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~3\Office12\EXCEL.EXE/3000

O9 - Extra button: Send to OneNote - {2670000A-7350-4f3c-8081-5663EE0C6C49} - E:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~3\Office12\ONBttnIE.dll

O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: S&end to OneNote - {2670000A-7350-4f3c-8081-5663EE0C6C49} - E:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~3\Office12\ONBttnIE.dll

O9 - Extra button: Research - {92780B25-18CC-41C8-B9BE-3C9C571A8263} - E:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~3\Office12\REFIEBAR.DLL

O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {e2e2dd38-d088-4134-82b7-f2ba38496583} - E:\Windows\Network Diagnostic\xpnetdiag.exe

O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: @xpsp3res.dll,-20001 - {e2e2dd38-d088-4134-82b7-f2ba38496583} - E:\Windows\Network Diagnostic\xpnetdiag.exe

O13 - Gopher Prefix:

O15 - Trusted IP range: http://192.168.1.1

O15 - ESC Trusted IP range: http://192.168.1.1

O16 - DPF: {01113300-3E00-11D2-8470-0060089874ED} (Support.com Configuration Class) - https://activatemydsl.verizon.net/sdcCommon/download/DSL/Verizon%20High%20Speed%20Internet%20Installer.cab

O16 - DPF: {149E45D8-163E-4189-86FC-45022AB2B6C9} (SpinTop DRM Control) - file:///E:/Program%20Files/Elf%20Bowling%20Holiday%20Pack/Images/stg_drm.ocx

O16 - DPF: {4F1E5B1A-2A80-42CA-8532-2D05CB959537} (MSN Photo Upload Tool) - http://gfx1.hotmail.com/mail/w3/pr01/resources/VistaMSNPUplden-us.cab

O16 - DPF: {A7EA8AD2-287F-11D3-B120-006008C39542} (CBSTIEPrint Class) - http://offers.e-centives.com/cif/download/bin/actxcab.cab

O16 - DPF: {CC450D71-CC90-424C-8638-1F2DBAC87A54} (ArmHelper Control) - file:///E:/Program%20Files/Elf%20Bowling%20Holiday%20Pack/Images/armhelper.ocx

O16 - DPF: {D27CDB6E-AE6D-11CF-96B8-444553540000} (Shockwave Flash Object) - http://fpdownload2.macromedia.com/get/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab

O18 - Protocol: grooveLocalGWS - {88FED34C-F0CA-4636-A375-3CB6248B04CD} - E:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12\GrooveSystemServices.dll

O18 - Protocol: linkscanner - {F274614C-63F8-47D5-A4D1-FBDDE494F8D1} - E:\Program Files\AVG\AVG9\avgpp.dll

O20 - AppInit_DLLs: avgrsstx.dll

O23 - Service: Norton 2009 Reset (.norton2009Reset) - Unknown owner - E:\ProgramData\Norton\Norton2009Reset.exe

O23 - Service: Apple Mobile Device - Apple Inc. - E:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\bin\AppleMobileDeviceService.exe

O23 - Service: AVG WatchDog (avg9wd) - AVG Technologies CZ, s.r.o. - E:\Program Files\AVG\AVG9\avgwdsvc.exe

O23 - Service: AVG Firewall (avgfws9) - AVG Technologies CZ, s.r.o. - E:\Program Files\AVG\AVG9\avgfws9.exe

O23 - Service: AVG9IDSAgent (AVGIDSAgent) - AVG Technologies CZ, s.r.o. - E:\Program Files\AVG\AVG9\Identity Protection\Agent\Bin\AVGIDSAgent.exe

O23 - Service: Bonjour Service - Apple Inc. - E:\Program Files\Bonjour\mDNSResponder.exe

O23 - Service: Canon Camera Access Library 8 (CCALib8) - Canon Inc. - E:\Program Files\Canon\CAL\CALMAIN.exe

O23 - Service: Diskeeper - Diskeeper Corporation - E:\Program Files\Diskeeper Corporation\Diskeeper\DkService.exe

O23 - Service: FLEXnet Licensing Service - Macrovision Europe Ltd. - E:\Program Files\Common Files\Macrovision Shared\FLEXnet Publisher\FNPLicensingService.exe

O23 - Service: Google Software Updater (gusvc) - Google - E:\Program Files\Google\Common\Google Updater\GoogleUpdaterService.exe

O23 - Service: LightScribeService Direct Disc Labeling Service (LightScribeService) - Hewlett-Packard Company - E:\Program Files\Common Files\LightScribe\LSSrvc.exe

O23 - Service: LiveUpdate - Symantec Corporation - E:\Program Files\Symantec\LiveUpdate\LuComServer_3_4.EXE

O23 - Service: Nero BackItUp Scheduler 3 - Nero AG - E:\Program Files\Nero\Nero8\Nero BackItUp\NBService.exe

O23 - Service: NMIndexingService - Nero AG - E:\Program Files\Common Files\Nero\Lib\NMIndexingService.exe

O23 - Service: Pure Networks Net2Go Service (nmraapache) - Pure Networks, Inc. - E:\Program Files\Pure Networks\Network Magic\WebServer\bin\nmraapache.exe

O23 - Service: Pure Networks Platform Service (nmservice) - Pure Networks, Inc. - E:\Program Files\Common Files\Pure Networks Shared\Platform\nmsrvc.exe

O23 - Service: PLFlash DeviceIoControl Service - Prolific Technology Inc. - E:\Windows\system32\IoctlSvc.exe

O23 - Service: WMP54GSSVC - GEMTEKS - E:\Program Files\Linksys Wireless-G PCI Network Adapter with SpeedBooster\WLService.exe

O23 - Service: Window Washer Engine (wwEngineSvc) - Webroot Software, Inc. - E:\Program Files\Webroot\Washer\WasherSvc.exe

--

End of file - 12164 bytes

Process PID CPU Description Company Name

System Idle Process 0 90.15

Interrupts n/a Hardware Interrupts

DPCs n/a Deferred Procedure Calls

System 4

smss.exe 284

csrss.exe 428

wininit.exe 496

avgchsvx.exe 516

avgrsx.exe 532

avgcsrvx.exe 652

services.exe 616

svchost.exe 1100

NeroGadgetCMServer.exe 4220 1.52 Nero Copy Medium Gadget Server Nero AG

svchost.exe 1164

svchost.exe 1236

audiodg.exe 4988

svchost.exe 1308

dwm.exe 316 1.52 Desktop Window Manager Microsoft Corporation

WUDFHost.exe 5184

svchost.exe 1356

svchost.exe 1528

svchost.exe 1800

spoolsv.exe 1928

AVGIDSAgent.exe 1964

svchost.exe 628

taskhost.exe 392 Host Process for Windows Tasks Microsoft Corporation

AppleMobileDeviceService.exe 1704

avgwdsvc.exe 1792

avgam.exe 2836

avgnsx.exe 2856

avgcsrvx.exe 3396

avgfws9.exe 228

mDNSResponder.exe 2072

DkService.exe 2108

svchost.exe 2384

LSSrvc.exe 2456

NBService.exe 2512

IoctlSvc.exe 2644

svchost.exe 2952

WasherSvc.exe 3540

CALMAIN.exe 3700

nmsrvc.exe 3776

FNPLicensingService.exe 4552

SearchIndexer.exe 4588

SearchProtocolHost.exe 5632

SearchFilterHost.exe 4728

NMIndexingService.exe 4780

svchost.exe 5028

wmpnetwk.exe 5552

lsass.exe 624

lsm.exe 636

csrss.exe 508

conhost.exe 4064 Console Window Host Microsoft Corporation

winlogon.exe 576

explorer.exe 756 Windows Explorer Microsoft Corporation

RtHDVCpl.exe 2716 HD Audio Control Panel Realtek Semiconductor

Acrotray.exe 2748 AcroTray Adobe Systems Inc.

GrooveMonitor.exe 2976 GrooveMonitor Utility Microsoft Corporation

nmapp.exe 3068 Network Magic Application Pure Networks, Inc.

nmctxth.exe 3168 Pure Networks Platform Assistant Pure Networks, Inc.

PWRISOVM.EXE 3188 PowerISO Virtual Drive Manager PowerISO Computing, Inc.

ZuneLauncher.exe 3252 Zune Auto-Launcher Microsoft Corporation

avgtray.exe 3336 AVG Tray Monitor AVG Technologies CZ, s.r.o.

AVGIDSMonitor.exe 4028 AVG IDS application AVG Technologies CZ, s.r.o.

sidebar.exe 3516 3.79 Windows Desktop Gadgets Microsoft Corporation

DesktopWeather.exe 3560 The Weather Channel Interactive, Inc.

NMIndexStoreSvr.exe 3800 Nero Home Nero AG

LightScribeControlPanel.exe 3820 Hewlett-Packard Company

GoogleToolbarNotifier.exe 4000 GoogleToolbarNotifier Google Inc.

wwDisp.exe 2532 Window Washer Client Executable Webroot Software, Inc.

uTorrent.exe 4040 µTorrent BitTorrent, Inc.

firefox.exe 4664 1.52 Firefox Mozilla Corporation

WinRAR.exe 4716 WinRAR archiver Alexander Roshal

procexp.exe 5916 1.52 Sysinternals Process Explorer Sysinternals - www.sysinternals.com

Process: uTorrent.exe Pid: 4040

Name Description Company Name Version

ADVAPI32.dll Advanced Windows 32 Base API Microsoft Corporation 6.1.7600.16385

avgrsstx.dll AVG Resident Shield Starter AVG Technologies CZ, s.r.o. 9.0.0.663

COMCTL32.dll User Experience Controls Library Microsoft Corporation 6.10.7600.16385

comdlg32.dll Common Dialogs DLL Microsoft Corporation 6.1.7600.16385

CRYPTBASE.dll Base cryptographic API DLL Microsoft Corporation 6.1.7600.16385

CRYPTSP.dll Cryptographic Service Provider API Microsoft Corporation 6.1.7600.16385

dhcpcsvc.DLL DHCP Client Service Microsoft Corporation 6.1.7600.16385

dhcpcsvc6.DLL DHCPv6 Client Microsoft Corporation 6.1.7600.16385

DnsApi.dll DNS Client API DLL Microsoft Corporation 6.1.7600.16385

dwmapi.dll Microsoft Desktop Window Manager API Microsoft Corporation 6.1.7600.16385

fwpuclnt.dll FWP/IPsec User-Mode API Microsoft Corporation 6.1.7600.16385

GDI32.dll GDI Client DLL Microsoft Corporation 6.1.7600.16385

IMM32.DLL Multi-User Windows IMM32 API Client DLL Microsoft Corporation 6.1.7600.16385

Iphlpapi.dll IP Helper API Microsoft Corporation 6.1.7600.16385

kernel32.dll Windows NT BASE API Client DLL Microsoft Corporation 6.1.7600.16385

KERNELBASE.dll Windows NT BASE API Client DLL Microsoft Corporation 6.1.7600.16385

KernelBase.dll.mui Windows NT BASE API Client DLL Microsoft Corporation 6.1.7600.16385

locale.nls

LPK.dll Language Pack Microsoft Corporation 6.1.7600.16385

mdnsNSP.dll Bonjour Namespace Provider Apple Inc. 1.0.6.2

MSCTF.dll MSCTF Server DLL Microsoft Corporation 6.1.7600.16385

msvcrt.dll Windows NT CRT DLL Microsoft Corporation 7.0.7600.16385

mswsock.dll Microsoft Windows Sockets 2.0 Service Provider Microsoft Corporation 6.1.7600.16385

NSI.dll NSI User-mode interface DLL Microsoft Corporation 6.1.7600.16385

ntdll.dll NT Layer DLL Microsoft Corporation 6.1.7600.16385

ole32.dll Microsoft OLE for Windows Microsoft Corporation 6.1.7600.16385

oleaut32.dll Microsoft Corporation 6.1.7600.16385

profapi.dll User Profile Basic API Microsoft Corporation 6.1.7600.16385

rasadhlp.dll Remote Access AutoDial Helper Microsoft Corporation 6.1.7600.16385

RPCRT4.dll Remote Procedure Call Runtime Microsoft Corporation 6.1.7600.16385

rsaenh.dll Microsoft Enhanced Cryptographic Provider Microsoft Corporation 6.1.7600.16385

sechost.dll Host for SCM/SDDL/LSA Lookup APIs Microsoft Corporation 6.1.7600.16385

SHELL32.dll Windows Shell Common Dll Microsoft Corporation 6.1.7600.16385

shfolder.dll Shell Folder Service Microsoft Corporation 6.1.7600.16385

SHLWAPI.dll Shell Light-weight Utility Library Microsoft Corporation 6.1.7600.16385

SortDefault.nls

SspiCli.dll Security Support Provider Interface Microsoft Corporation 6.1.7600.16385

StaticCache.dat

USER32.dll Multi-User Windows USER API Client DLL Microsoft Corporation 6.1.7600.16385

USERENV.dll Userenv Microsoft Corporation 6.1.7600.16385

USP10.dll Uniscribe Unicode script processor Microsoft Corporation 1.626.7600.16385

uTorrent.exe µTorrent BitTorrent, Inc. 1.8.4.16688

uxtheme.dll Microsoft UxTheme Library Microsoft Corporation 6.1.7600.16385

WINNSI.DLL Network Store Information RPC interface Microsoft Corporation 6.1.7600.16385

WS2_32.dll Windows Socket 2.0 32-Bit DLL Microsoft Corporation 6.1.7600.16385

wship6.dll Winsock2 Helper DLL (TL/IPv6) Microsoft Corporation 6.1.7600.16385

wshtcpip.dll Winsock2 Helper DLL (TL/IPv4) Microsoft Corporation 6.1.7600.16385

• 1 month later...

Well... first off I want to thank you guys for working so diligently on trying to solve this issue. I have never seen a tech forum so dedicated. I just started using UTorrent, I used to use azureus because thats what I was familiar with. Anyways, my computer crashed about 3 days ago and I had to get everything I had over again. I have been actively running UTorrent since and havent run into any problems, however when I got home tonight I found this issue pop up.

The first thing I did was a force re-check and it worked for about 30 seconds. I felt pretty down because the files I was trying to get were very small. So I did what everybody else did and went to my good friend google. I ran across this site and started reading. I am a major security person, so I dont want to make exceptions in my AV software and that seems to be the only thing you can do.

However.... it seems that someone posted a fix early on and didnt realize it. What I did was turned off my UTorrent client, I then went into my downloads folder and copied the folder (files and all) and put them on my desktop. Now I guess its important to note that I copied not cut them. I then deleted the original copies and cut and pasted the ones I had made copies of into the directory. I then started up UTorrent and began downloading the files once again. One of the downloads seemed to pick right back up where it left off and finished without a hitch. The other I am currently working on now, it is the only thing downloading and it has been downloading for about half an hour without any problems.

What it sounds like is something that was also posted. I am guessing that your AV software is scanning a certain file while UTorrent is accessing it also. To me, it just seems like the computer then says that the file is bad so that when you go to do a recheck, it hits that file again and automatically kicks it away. I am not the most computer literate, I am not even sure what build my UTorrent is, and all I know is that I am running windows vista 64-bit with all the latest updates.

I did have a side thought, but I dismissed it. I will go ahead and say it because it might just be something else someone could look into. I have windows defender installed on my laptop, it came with it. It acts as anti mal-ware. I dont know how many ppl are running that, but I do know that before my computer crashed I installed avg and it kept kicking my windows defender off. I was thinking that maybe it might be having an impact on the problem because it seems to hide in the background so many ppl might not even know that it is running on their system.

I hope this helps a little bit, I know that I am no longer having any issues and I didnt have to change any settings on anything, just do a simple folder swap.

Archived