user mapped-section open???

crutchfiea1

FIXED!

Windows 7 (fairly new install), AVG Free, ut 2.0.1 build 19248.

Turned off indexing of download folder, immediately HELPED, but one torrent with lots of files still complained after 20 minutes where before it would error after 3 minutes.

Turned off the windows cache write and read, now completely FIXED and still running after 4 hours of very heavy downloading.

Don't be a fool and turn off your antivirus or monitoring of your download folder unless you absolutely can't fix it any other way. Defrag and optimize instead if your system can't keep up with the disk access. Hope this helps everyone else!

[edit]

Still running strong after 10 hours or so. If I turn those disk options back on again it repeats the problem within 5 minutes.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OK, I know how to disable indexing for the uTorrent folder, but when you, Clong, say to remove disk caching do you mean the disk performance options accessible in Device manager? The developers of uTorrent should fix this issue. I don't want to disable a performance improvement for the save of downloading files through torrents. I have Windows 7 x64 and uTorrent 2.0.2

Yes, through uTorrent. I tried those settings and restarted uTorrent and I still have the issue. uTorrent 2.0.2 and Windows 7 x64. The torrent is 7.62 GBs and 1953 x 4.00 pieces The issue does not happen often with other files, but this one keeps happening randomly. Sometimes 5 seconds in between, sometimes hours...

I am now enabling the "Append .!ut to incomplete files" option to see if the problem goes away.

Stumbled on this issue today, and solved as suggested by excluding the files from AVG resident scanner (which also caused a nice increase in average download speed). Never had issues before with Avast or Avira (far superior softwares anyway), guess I have yet another reason to reinstall one of those instead of this AV put in by my shopkeeper after a system upgrade. Anyway I didn't plan to keep for long an AV which blocks an image file because it's called "Virus.jpg" XD

Thanks for the good topic and the many useful replies ^^

• 3 weeks later...

I had this problem after upgrade to KIS 2011. But i've found a solution. Im Using XP SP2

Followed Steps

1. Go To Setting in KIS 2011

2. Select Application Control & Select Bit Torrent > U Torrent

3. Right Click on U torrent, Then To Application Rules

4. In Exclusion Tab > Tick on "Do Not Monitor Application Activity"

It Worked For Me, Now No Problem Of Downloading, It Work As Usual

okay. I retract my statement ... it still does it, occasionally ...

I don't get it ... It only started doing this AFTER I did a fresh windows7x86 install.

I was using the same OS, and environment as before, but I never had this problem before.

I disabled Indexing. I haven't tampered with caching, but I didn't have to before.

Maybe it has something to do with the permissions and security implementations in fresh install.

I'm going to tamper with it for awhile longer.

Hello Firon,

Good Day to All,

Specifications of my system - Windows 7 Ultimate and Kaspersky Pure Anti-Virus.

Up until yesterday everything was working fine with uTorrent. my downloads were working fine and uploads as well. But then my trial version of Kaspersky Pure Anti-Virus got expired and i uninstalled and downloaded the latest Kaspersky Anti-Virus 2011.

I restarted my system and then started uTorrent. There were already 5 torrents which were in the seeding mode as the download was complete and then i added a new torrent and started downloading. After a couple of minutes i got this error message:

"ERROR: The requested operation cannot be performed on a file with a user-mapped section open"

I then deleted all the torrents from uTorrent and started the download for that particular torrent only and it worked fine. This morning once the download was complete i deleted the torrent and added a new one but to my dismay the error message was displayed again. PLEASE CAN SOMEONE HELP ME WITH THIS. IS THERE A PROBLEM WITH THE ANTI-VIRUS I HAVE JUST DOWNLOADED OR IS THIS SOMETHING NEW.

FIXED for Kaspersky Antivirus 2011

I didn't have time to read all of the answers that are posted on this topic, but this solution worked for this problem, at least in my case.

In my case i had to defeat Captain KAV, a bloody killer of the scurvy viruses and worms over the World Wide Web sea.

Before this i didn't had this error with my ex-configuration on my XP windows(this is my ship), so logical i knew that was wrong something with Captain KAV.

So what was wrong and stopped me for getting my beautiful torrents?Arghh!!!

The bloody Kav, was my enemy.So as a pirate i pick up the sword, and i started look for the problem.

Well shiver me timbers!!! Here is the solution:

1.Open your bloody KAV window, who is on the bloody right down corner of your bloody XP, next to the bloody clock.

2.Go to your SETTINGS in KAV 2011(the bloody settings are in the right corner of your bloody KAV).Click on it.

3.In the left corner you have some bloody icons, 4 bloody icons.One of them is an ugly brown box.Click on it.

4.Now you have 2 bloody buttons with the name settings on it, click the second one.

5.Now you have Exclusion Rules, and Trusted Applications. Now is the time to defeat Captain KAV and rob freely the internet, do a bloody click on the Trusted Application Tab, click on add after that select application and search for uTorrent. After selecting uTorrent check all of the boxes, and after that click OK, and you're done.

6.Now you can rob the Internet you bloody pirate.

In KAV 2010 this error doesn't appear.

With the other anti viruses specimens i don't know, but you may try to do the same thing, maybe it will work. Add the beautiful uTorrent to trusted applications.

You owe me a bottle of Rom for this.

May the wind blow in your sails.

See you in the World Wide Web Sea.

@slipknot6669

FIXED for AVG

Exclude the uTorrent download directory from bloody AVG like this:

Open AVG to the Resident Shield section and clicked the Manage Exceptions button.

Add an exception to exclude the uTorrent download directory from being scanned by Resident Shield and save the changes.

Arghh!!!

You owe me a bottle of Rom for this.

• 1 month later...

@dilan330539

@slipknot6669

@OmegaNine

I am glad that i could help all of you, you should do the same with others that need your help, or information.

Thanks to all that thank me.

The information should be free and everyone should have access to it.

"When we understand that we are one with everybody else on this earth, and helping somebody else is helping me, we will walk on the edge of the Universe."

by pirateX

Archived