Moron only getting 10kB/s on 1.5 Mb/s HELP!!

BigShite

Help. Please. I'm tearing my hair out here. I'm very new to torrents (few days) I can download (WOW!) but not very quickly @ 10kBps and my connection speed is 1.5Mbps!!!! I've tried the speed connection forum but there are so many settings to try that I've now ended up at this slow speed. I am not a computer genius but am very capable of following instructions :o) I'm used to it with computers.

What I changed was :

Torrent Options

1) Max Global Connections 1000

2)Max Number peers per torrent 500

3)Number of slots 4 with 90% thingy

4)Queue settings are 100 and 20 respectively

Network options

Are upload 6kBps

download infinite

I also would like help with port connections ??!?? and creating torrents (got to give a little)

Any help would be appreciated

Jamesy, the BigShite Glasgow CELTIC Forever---Tiofaidh ar la

That's what I mean Knight, there are soooooo many different settings people offer, I thought I'd get a good setting. But never kept note of the defaults. And you're right Knight, I am quite ridiculous when it comes to this stuff!!!! I normally used things like Kazaa and Limewire etc......yup, I know...now. Thanks :o)

My connection is 1.5Mbps.(FOR NEWBIES..Check out the last paragraph)What I was doing was downloading one thing at a time, but when I started to download more than one torrent at a time, my speed shot all the way up to an overall of over 100 kBps. Sometimes just under that. So I take it to be this is something to do with the amount of seeders (on other d/ld's the seed number was higher)?? as dabreaka said.:o)

Does this speed seem right according to my connection?

I know it can be annoying when newbies start asking and doing seemingly absurd things, so I appreciate any help you have to offer, or things you think I really should know first. How careful should people be when talking about certain things on here?

I would like to know how to create torrents for others to use too. I have loads of guitar music files I'd like to change into torrents.

Hey Dabreaka are you looking for Comedy Series The Office? ...I have the dvd and it is great. 1st and second series. I recommend it!!! Contact me with any questions or info ;O) The series Extras is great too. ;O) as is Ricky Gervais' stand up shows Animals and politics;O)

I can download (WOW!) but not very quickly @ 10kBps

[...]

Network options

Are upload 6kBps

download infinite

Looks to me like everything's working as designed.

You're uploading at 6 KB/sec and downloading almost double that at 10 KB/sec.

If you want to download faster, you'll need to upload faster.

Well I've reached over 120kBps for the past 2 days . I just loaded more than one thing at a time.Normally 3. But now its slowed right down to 35kBps. I can't seem to get connected to all available peers(normally connected to 25%of available peers). Is this normal? I appreciate that you just can't connect to everyone.

Archived