New icon for the .exe file

jeronantropis

Hi,

i think it would be nice if there was a new icon for the main program exe. Now it's this circle, and if i copy it to my desktop (+/- white background), you can see how horribly not-round the circle is. There're guys here who've made beautiful icons. Maybe it's time to let users vote for one of those icons as a replacement (and not a round one, but rectangle, so there's no problem with edges ...).

btw: great program ;) ...

Just put a Shortcut on the desktop and not the main program

then you could change the icon to whatever tickles your fancy

-DG

true, that's what i've been doing since i started using this program :) .

but i think it would not be such a big deal to implement a new icon. Ludde himself doesn't have to do a lot work for it. Just let others create the images in the proper format/size. Then an admin can make a topic on which all users can vote. Maybe a second round with the best 3 and then the winning icons (ie: exe icon and systray icon) can be sent to Ludde to be integrated ...

the icon, toolbar and status icons are very important.. if u want more people to start using utorrent u have to make it pleasant for the eye.. with the current default theme, and icon it is repulsive.. it's a great program but looks bad by default.. ludde should take some time off to replace them.. it's not so much work i think.. he should take care of the fields' lenght as well.. some fields are too short for the translation even when some words are skipped while translating.. they don't show completely and u can't understand what is that.. people will be forced not to use translations.. and some people will prefer bitcomet or other clients just because they don't know english and the utorrent translation looks bad

@dAbReAkA -- you've got a point. i agree that an icon is the face of a program.

@Miffo -- I think more of a 1 month contest. After that, all decent suggestions are grouped by an admin, and put into 1 topic with voting options on top. 1 vote/user, not changable. After 3 weeks, the voting closes. Then the 3 best icons are put into a new final topic.

In 2 months µTorrent could have a new logo. The contest just has to be managed a little bit. Not the way it is now, like "suggestions?". Cuz that just doesn't work ...

Archived