Utorrent deletes data of other torrent with the same name.

NekroD

I was recently downloading two torrents with the same title name. I deleted one of these torrents, files and all. And it deleted the data of the other torrent as well. Except for the data that hadn't been downloaded by the other torrent. Very upsetting as I was downloading them both to see which would finish first, and this ended up setting me back to the beginning. I would have been better off I guess to just stick with one. Sorry if this was confusing. I can clarify further if anyone is interested. I thought this was a major bug and should be corrected if it could be.

Well if you have 2 torrents with the same title but different download locations, and deleting 1 torrent+data also removes data from the second, then I'd consider it a bug too. However, if there is any cross-over in download locations, all bets are off.

• 3 years later...

I noticed the same problem here. For example, if you download a torrent with 40 GB and 22 episodes for each season from a TV show, and decide to remove torrent + files even if this thing was downloaded 0.1%, you are not only going to remove this, but the previous torrents you downloaded splitted with the same contents, that were already removed from your torrent list!

For example:

Let's say I downloaded those torrents:

TORRENT #1

The Adventures - Season 1

Files:

The Adventures - Episode 1x01.PeteGroup.avi

The Adventures - Episode 1x02.PeteGroup.avi

The Adventures - Episode 1x03.PeteGroup.avi

The Adventures - Episode 1x04.TheScene.avi

TORRENT #2

The Adventures - Season 2

Files:

The Adventures - Episode 2x01.PeteGroup.avi

The Adventures - Episode 2x02.PeteGroup.avi

The Adventures - Episode 2x03.PeteGroup.avi

The Adventures - Episode 2x04.TheScene.avi

TORRENT #3

The Adventures - All Seasons

Files:

The Adventures - Episode 1x01.PeteGroup.avi

The Adventures - Episode 1x02.PeteGroup.avi

The Adventures - Episode 1x03.PeteGroup.avi

The Adventures - Episode 1x04.TheScene.avi

The Adventures - Episode 2x01.PeteGroup.avi

The Adventures - Episode 2x02.PeteGroup.avi

The Adventures - Episode 2x03.PeteGroup.avi

The Adventures - Episode 2x04.TheScene.avi

Torrents #1 and #2 were downloaded 100%. I removed them from my UTorrent list, but I didn't selected the option "Remove torrent + files". Only "Remove torrent".

OK, so I have 2 seasons downloaded 100%.

Then I decided to download torrent #3, but stopped. And selected "Remove torrent + files".

Not only torrent #3 files will be deleted, but all files from torrent #1 and #2.

THIS IS A BUG AND YOU NEED TO FIX THIS ASAP!

• 2 weeks later...
Why would you do that in the first place, when you already have 100%?

Just think logically, if it's the same location with same name, what would you like to happen if you delete one of them?

I am confused about this, but if you tell UTorrent to delete one of them, it will delete the folder where the files were saved, and not other folders with the same files created by other torrents.

That will make sense if we saved all files in a single folder, not if we save them in different folders. They are the same files? Yeah, but why one torrent will delete things from a folder it's not related?

Unless you move those files/folder to another location rather than the folder where UTorrent saves contents, then it won't be deleted.

Archived