force recheck and download progress

Yustu

Hello.

The "problem" that I'm stumble upon is as follows:

I have a deleted torrent from tracker in my uTorrent, there is a many people that download it, but no seeders. I downloaded remaining files (torrent stuck at 99.5%) from www. And here is my "problem".

Can I somehow add the downloaded files (identical, same md5) to this torrent? Force recheck gave me same size as the "old" one (i.e. 98% in particular file). If I remember correctly in ver. 1.8 it worked. Any idea how can I perform this in 2.0?

PS. I also tried deleting incomplete files and copy/paste 100% file. It help for some of them, but 2 stuck at i.e. 98% no mater what I do.

Best regards.

just to start you off, maybe try stopping the torrent first and then do force recheck

also make sure you are actually not uploading from different location on your disk - right click the torrent in uT and go to 'Advanced' and 'Set download location' and see if it takes you to your 100% file location

actually from your 'edit' action, it looks like your file location is good, lets see what others may say (I'd say try to download the files off web once more but you say md5 is ok so I don't know)

For the torrent to start backup again you have to find the right torrent link file otherwise your stuck with a incomplete torrent that ends up taking space on you HDD. Not familiar with the md5 but if the torrent you downloaded again matches the incomplete torrent file data it should restart it again but only if the seeder is still seeding and if they aren't seeding anymore there nothing you can do until someone else whom has that file or seeds by some else your stuck with the incomplete torrent again.

Situation is like this:

Right now I have 100% of torrent (98% from torrent + 2% files from www). Obviously torrent atm. is dead, but I want to bring it to life ^^'' xD.

What I try is change location (I did copy and new location = 100% torrent) AND here strange happens. There are like 10 files for 99% that I changed to 100% (from www) AND 8 of them correctly hash to 100% and 2 of them are stuck at 98% no mater what I do.

Files are RAR and yes they are IDENTICAL files.

Only conclusion is that there is some kind of error in Force-recheck function in uTorrent (the same mechanism worked with 1.8)

And yes I did Forec-recheck on STOPed torrent, changed location to 100% and these 2 files ALWAYS go back to 98%.

Strangest thing I ever seen.

PS. Thanks for reply :)

PS2. Ok I tried ver. 1.8.5 and same thing happens. but I don't understand why these 2 files revert to 98% :/.

As I wrote before they are RAR files so if they are damaged I think CRC will kick in. RAR says no error. I can unpack these files.

But You conclusion is rational and I thought the same. Can it be that CRC is correct and SHA1 not?

Also I delete 98% FILE and replace with 100%, the 100% is reduced to 98%. Why? 2% not the same?

Yes there was 10 file 98% that I downloaded from www. 8 of them went to 100%. 2 of them went BACK to 98% (from 100% - file from www). Before I "run uTorren" I deleted 98% files and replaced them with 100% (from www).

I tried SHA1 on files in Torren and from WWW (basicly they are the same file but uTorrent says they are 98%), SHA1 is the same. I even removed torrent and add it back, with force-recheck. Same story.

The file from www are from the person that create the torrent in the first place, so I think they are same. At least they are the same size (52 428 800 bytes) so I doubt they would pass SHA1 and verify as the same. Also uTorrent trim them to 98% so 2% would be different in RAR?

I will try to download them from www again, maybe some corruption in transfer that CRC can handle?, and get back to you.

Best regards.

Edit: I downloaded these 2 files from 2 different location, and they revert back to 98%. HDD malfunction is out of question because I tested this torrent on 2 different physical HDD. Rar's seams identical, they don't have additional comments, size is the same etc...

Additional question is where are stored hashes? inside .torrent file? Yes :)

• 2 weeks later...

Same problem has been happening to me and it kills my ratio on private trackers.

It is not the files, IT IS UTORRENT. Has happened to me for the past year and a half and pisses me the fuck off. Most of the time it goes up to 98% on recheck but sometimes it only goes up to low numbers like 14%. Utorrent will finish downloading the files, ill copy them somewhere else, stop the torrent, click set download location, choose the new location, force recheck, and i get 98%. WHAT THE FUCK IS THAT?

Please fix this it is killing my ratios!

Are you including all the files of the torrent. Because it sounds like you are running into an issue with piece overlap.

In a multi-file torrent you also need the file directly before and directly after the file you are trying to check. Otherwise the pieces at the begin and at the end (that overlap with the file before and after respectively) will fail.

So make sure you have all (including sfv/txt/nfo files etc) the files of the torrent in question and then re-check.

Archived