µTorrent 3.3.1 RC

TylerW

• Replies 709
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

I'm using the latest 3.3.1 RC r29812 and after using it for awhile, I noticed after downloading the torrent directory is moved into my "completed" directory, but the *.torrent file itself remains in the "incomplete" directory, which I have setup. This happens "randomly" it seems... Sometimes both the torrent directory & torrent file is moved, sometimes not. I then did a forced re-check & both items was immediately moved properly to the "completed" directory. This issue has never happened in any previous version that I've tried.

I'm using the latest 3.3.1 RC r29812 and after using it for awhile, I noticed after downloading the torrent directory is moved into my "completed" directory, but the *.torrent file itself remains in the "incomplete" directory, which I have setup. This happens "randomly" it seems... Sometimes both the torrent directory & torrent file is moved, sometimes not. I then did a forced re-check & both items was immediately moved properly to the "completed" directory. This issue has never happened in any previous version that I've tried.

I guess it has to do with #15 on my list here: http://forum.utorrent.com/viewtopic.php?pid=735790#p735790 them being locked/opened for no apparent reason by uTorrent itself... Just another side-affect :(

I'm using the latest 3.3.1 RC r29812 and after using it for awhile' date=' I noticed after downloading the torrent directory is moved into my "completed" directory, but the *.torrent file itself remains in the "incomplete" directory, which I have setup. This happens "randomly" it seems... Sometimes both the torrent directory & torrent file is moved, sometimes not. I then did a forced re-check & both items was immediately moved properly to the "completed" directory. This issue has never happened in any previous version that I've tried.[/quote']

I guess it has to do with #15 on my list here: http://forum.utorrent.com/viewtopic.php?pid=735790#p735790 them being locked/opened for no apparent reason by uTorrent itself... Just another side-affect :(

I got an email from the devs back on June 10 that said that the .torrent not deleting issue had been fixed in what was then then the latest 3.4 Alpha, build 29785. I didn't try it to see due to a bunch of other stuff being broken in that build. I now see they've pushed another Alpha build, 29861, which some reports say have fixed the "not deleting" issue. You might try that.

I now see they've pushed another Alpha build, 29861, which some reports say have fixed the "not deleting" issue.

Yikes!

The "not deleting" issue may have been fixed but the users will be introduced to many more head-aches in 3.4 alpha unless they are willing to use it for troubleshooting purposes.

I now see they've pushed another Alpha build, 29861, which some reports say have fixed the "not deleting" issue.

Yikes!

The "not deleting" issue may have been fixed but the users will be introduced to many more head-aches in 3.4 alpha unless they are willing to use it for troubleshooting purposes.

Yeah, I thought about mentioning that. That's why I didn't try the 29785 build, because it had so many other issues, and I wasn't interested in being an Alpha tester. I don't know what of those other issues they may have fixed in 29861. I'm personally using 3.3.1 (29812) and just dealing with the non-deletion as necessary.

Archived