upload speed limit alternative rate when only seeding doesn't work

theReal

Since version 3.3 build 29342 the alternative upload rate when only seeding doesn't work correctly anymore.

Well it does work at first, but as soon as there is some 0.x kB/s download activity on the seeding files (=always), the upload limit is lowered to the non-seeding upload limit.

The files are all still marked as "seeding", none of them is really downloading.

The limit for local peers setting is not checked, so this cannot be the problem.

If you need to know more, please just ask and don't scream at me ;)

I am by the way using the German version of utorrent, so I might not be translating the settings 100% correctly - sorry for that, but I hope it is still rather clear what I am talking about.

Oh my, I already solved it with this advanced setting trick: https://forum.utorrent.com/viewtopic.php?id=131406.

Quite tricky, you have to press Shift+F2 while clicking on settings and only then can you reach the expert setting for uI_rate_download_thres and set it to something above 0 (I chose 5 and it works fine).

Question is: why is it set to 0 by default, because that is obviously not going to work?

• 2 weeks later...

all working okay before

V3.2.3 I think

Updated to 3.3 (before latest) a few days ago ,

Noticed setting any upload limit wither globally or per torrent sets upload to zero

checked limit local bandwidth

tried the F2 setting https://forum.utorrent.com/viewtopic.php?id=131406

toggled many options

no effect

limit a torrent -> 0 upload

limit global -> 0 global upload

Updated to latest at this time, no beta download listed in update

Same effect

reinstalled 3.2.3 back to working

reinstalled latest not working

reinstalled 3.2.3 back to working

And there it stays

Specify build numbers in your reports.

Your claims of "latest" may not actually reflect the latest builds.

"at this time" there is a timestamp

I submit that having build changing rapidly for a release version is part of the problem.

I tried fixes suggested on forums

Next comes the suggestion to try beta and alpha.

No, I have already done that with 2 other updates this week.

I have a working prior version, I suggest anyone with a problem rollback to what was working for them.

These posts are just meant as a hook and for appraisal if anyone cares to read it

mentioning a problem similar to the original post,

noting what fixes don't work.

If there are many views or comments there is a widespread problem

If there aren't many then nothing will be done and hope the beta or alpha catches the problem.

• 4 weeks later...

Alright, well as nobody else answered your questions I will. It happens on build 29544 - although I just installed the beta 29594 and that has the same issue.

My settings are:

Settings.png

Here's a screenshot of the problem:

Problem.png

As you can see, the upload "jumps" from the correct alternative (unlimited) to the downloading setting (90KB/s) whenever the upload tries to increase. Although I did notice, after a while it just gave up completely and set the upload to the downloading rate anyway:

Problem2.png

No downloads, these are all seeds. Also, I tried the alternative settings suggested, and although it sort of worked, it prohibited utorrent from relimiting it when a download was started. (and yes I tried lowering the threshold as well, the only time it went back was when I reset the settings, and then everything went funky again.)

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...

YEAH................... 3.3.2 build 30303 this value not working because if the download it's complete the download speed it never 0.0KB/s but it's ever 0.1/1KB/s and alternate upload speed value it's not respected!!

Now i apply this advanced setting.......... i have put "5".... at this point when download it's about less of 5KB/s i thinks the upload rate take the alternative value........

Now i apply this advanced setting.......... i have put "5".... at this point when download it's about less of 5KB/s i thinks the upload rate take the alternative value........

Nope, ALL jobs have be in "Seeding" or "Finished" status for the alternative upload rate to apply.

The manual has a warning point about setting the alternate value.

The Alternate upload rate when not downloading field allows you to define an alternate upload rate when no torrent job is in downloading mode (only seeding). Other than the context in which it is active, this upload rate limit behaves exactly like the "Maximum upload rate" field. Unless you understand well the consequences of enabling this option, refrain from using it, as it might give the impression that µTorrent is not obeying the global maximum upload rate. This value is interpreted in KiB/s, so please enter it as such.

• 7 months later...

I'm having this problem with build 32239. I tried to follow "Tip P" to the best of my abilities, but there was no advanced option with that name. I couldn't find any similarly named advanced threshold options.

I have a total of four torrents. Two finished, two seeding.

Alternate upload rate when not downloading enabled at: 100 kB/s

Actual up speed at the moment:450 kB/s on one of the seeding torrents. Also 0.4 kB/s down speed on the same torrent.

Archived