[toolbar/status] Neon

yay! yet another great iconset from you. I personally like the style of these icons better than the previous you did (though they rocked too!), I'd love to see a main program icon in this style aswell, and hopefully an inclusion of it into the main program.

do you ever sleep? :shock:

Are they similar to some type of Linux icon, Determination? I'm not too familiar w/ Linux myself, but I hear good things all the time. Actually, when I started these, they were just gonna be a black/white theme, but I decided to add color. Here's a large screenshot of them on the template I was working on and I labeled the buttons for any to see before they try em. Thanx for the comments. Oh, and I already made a program icon for this. Will post it in a min or two. ...And no I never sleep..lol.

utorrentaquaII_blackbordercopy.jpg

These are definitely clear and intuitive. Just a quick comment on the layering, I'm no pro but shouldnt the icons be behind the shine? Sorry if it's just an artistic preference or whatever just my thoughts.

It depends...but I tried to give the impression that the solid black areas overlap a glass button...Adding glare to the black areas would have made things very hard to make out at 16x16 sizes. Sometimes, when making icons, you kind of have to overlook the rule of thumb, to make them look ok that small.

You must be new to photoshop?

These icons are absolutely _fantastic_ -- but what about inactive and queued icons? You've got space for them in the tstatus.bmp but no content...? Are you planning on filling these in later?

And, if one could make a request, perhaps it would be good to fill those in with a nice "μ" icon (ala the gorgeous exe/tray icon you made in 64/32/16) for the inactive torrent -- but preferrably grey -- and then probably just the same up/down arrows from the toolbar queue icons to use as the queued up/down icons. In short, I made a demo of what I'm imagining but I have no clue how to handle your alpha blending business so it has the black boxes -- but then, nothing will substitute for your quality anyways:

BAD_NEON_tstatus_grey.bmp

Hope you can fix it up for all your fans like myself -- this is my default but I do want those icons.

Thanks!

Archived