Memory leakage

xmms

Hello!

I have this problem too, but topic is closed.

When running the utorrent is slow memory leak that Task Manager (including the process monitor from sysinternals&microsoft) is not shown, but is characteristic solved by closing utorrent.

I receive a problem whis memory leakage after update from old of 3.4.2 version. Update to last 3.4.3 stable and last beta version not help.

Other application work normally.

Reduce the cache size, and cache write&read, in Advanced settings don't help.

OS Windows 7 SP 1 x64.

How can I solve this problem?

Thank you.

post-383969-0-40845100-1429481224_thumb.

Ok, and is it actually the utorrent.exe process using the ram or is it not?

Please note on the forum thread!

No version of the program after 38429 does not work with normal memory, including Beta 3.4.3 (build 40138). We are forced to use manual correction of the Windows registry that would slightly compensate for programming errors. Or to use earlier versions.

Windows 7 SP1 x64

Ok, and is it actually the utorrent.exe process using the ram or is it not?

The Windows Task Manager says that utorrent.exe uses the normal amount of memory (depending on settings) - 150-160 MB or more, but not more than 2 GB.

However:

1. There are no other processes that use "leaked" memory.

2. Employment memory is not available for other applications (after it is full operation of the system becomes not stable).

3. Closing utorrent.exe leads to the purification of a busy do not know what RAM (still, however, as the transition to sleep mode).

4. Reduce to version 3.4.2 Beta (build 38703) solved the problem.

5. similar problems with other applications were not.

I agree that there may be a fault and the operating system. But why utorrent? Why the latest releases?

Please note on the forum thread!

No version of the program after 38429 does not work with normal memory, including Beta 3.4.3 (build 40138). We are forced to use manual correction of the Windows registry that would slightly compensate for programming errors. Or to use earlier versions.

Windows 7 SP1 x64

Thank you.

If it's not showing uTorrent using the ram in task manager, it's the operating system's cache AGAIN.

But you acknowledge that uTorrent causes(participant) this error system cache? Why - all 5 reasons upper.

System is legal and have all updates by this time. Maybe we found problem in Windows 7, Windows 8.1 and need receive a prize from Microsoft, if you right. :)

But you acknowledge that uTorrent causes(participant) this error system cache? Why - all 5 reasons upper.

System is legal and have all updates by this time. Maybe we found problem in Windows 7, Windows 8.1 and need receive a prize from Microsoft, if you right. :)

Don't wait until we get the prize! ;)

Unfortunately we have a typical error the application developers. If a specific version of the program works correctly, and the following versions is a mistake, no one will say that the fault in the operating system. Though what a temptation! :rolleyes:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Probably the windows disk cache AGAIN.

yes, this is windows disk cache (mappedfiles)

but if utorrent will not send "CloseHandle", files in the memory will always be Active!

82d9dc282ddadf330db0ee96d830263a.png

e7e82d1aea27e01c4745f5f50ef017dc.png

well, utorrent have diskio.flush_file

diskio.flush_files: Enabling this option causes µTorrent to close file handles every minute. It helps to reduce the effect of Windows managing the system cache badly for some people and causing apparent "memory leaks."

but seems like this option does not work: i used ProcessMonitor, utorrent always call ReadFile (while seeding) without closing file handle every minute -> memory leakage

Same problem here, unexplained really really high RAM usage. As you will see in the video below:

It shows utorrent at 64Megs what are you talking about? I think you have something causing the problem also your screen is so blurry how do you expect anyone to read and see what the Memory manager is showing? If you going to provide screen shot at least make them legible.

Ok. So do you have any idea as to why it returned to normal after closing Utorrent ?

How would we know that is up to you to find out it's your system and you should know what is running and shouldn't be running. If you have far to many task running in the background running utorrent probably contributes to the problem not the cause of the problem.

• 2 months later...

Hi Guys,

I'm a new forum user but I had this exact problem and wanted to share the solution that worked for me. The symptoms I had were uTorrent.exe process memory usage normal but overall RAM usage slowly climbing to 100% and then returning to normal when the utorrent.exe process was terminated. I tried many things including disabling superfetch and prefetch without success. 

Searching this forum turns up many threads that seem to end rather brusquely with the explanation "it's the operating system's cache AGAIN. ". Some of the threads ended rather emotively which discouraged me from posting another thread asking for help on the subject. Long story short, this was fixable (for me anyway) by setting the following registry flag:

[ HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ SOFTWARE \ Microsoft \ Windows NT \ CurrentVersion \ Image File Execution Options \ utorrent.exe \ PerfOptions ]

"PagePriority" = dword: 00000001

Hope this helps.

Achelon

Awesome.

For anyone who wants to quickly add this who likes CLI

Open admin prompt and issue:

REG ADD "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\utorrent.exe\PerfOptions" /v PagePriority /d 1 /t REG_DWORD /f

• 3 months later...

I am facing the same issue :

Windows 7 SP1

12 GB Installed Ram .

No matter what , the memory is getting higher up to 98% .

All I am doing is turn the uTorrent of and restart it again .

I am using 3.4.5 Build 41202 32 Bit

Does anyone have a solution for this matter ?

This is really annoying .

Thx . 

I am facing the same issue :

Windows 7 SP1

12 GB Installed Ram .

No matter what , the memory is getting higher up to 98% .

All I am doing is turn the uTorrent of and restart it again .

I am using 3.4.5 Build 41202 32 Bit

Does anyone have a solution for this matter ?

This is really annoying .

Thx . 

Same with 3.4.6  beta build  41350?

Just an update on this, build 41372 stable claims a memory leak issue was fixed. Well for me this issue persists with this build. To give an overview of my usage habits: I seed over 1000 torrents, with an average of 30-40 active at any given time lately because of increased activity on one of the trackers I'm seeding on. Using RamMap by SysInternals, I verified that uTorrent was opening file handles endlessly and then not discarding them when done. The result was I had 500MB free out of 32GB within 8 hours. Closing uTorrent immediately relinquished the file handles.

So I will again set the IO and Page priority in the registry to a lower one for utorrent.exe.

Please keep investigating, devs. 

Archived