"Not enough storage is available to process this command" error messag

gail22

Hi all,

I'm new to utorrent (and torrent in general). I found a file on a torrent site I can't access (they're not accepting new members) so I copied the file name (I already have part of the file from a different P2P) and tried to add it into utorrent, but I get the above error message.

I already made a ton of space for incoming and outgoing torrents, and I increased the disk cache in Advanced Settings to something like 100GBs.

So, what's wrong? Can anyone please help me out? I'd like to try doing this with a bunch of other torrent files I found on the site that's not accepting new members. I think it still should work - a torrent is still a torrent no matter where you find it.

Would anyone please help? Thanks so much.

Gail

Hi Firon,

How do I force a re-check? Yes, I did reset my disk cache settings.

I Googled on that error message and it seems to be a Windows problem. I have no idea how to fix it. I did a couple of the recommended things, but still got the error message.

The other fixes involved making changes in the Registry and I'm just not advanced enough to dare trying that.

Thanks and best wishes,

Gail

I increased the disk cache in Advanced Settings to something like 100GBs.

But you DON'T have 100 GBs of RAM!

Decrease that to no more than about 80% your max RAM...and really, there's almost NO appreciable gain for setting it higher than 32 MB. (Possible exception is if you have a 100 megabits/sec or FASTER internet connection.)

Hi DreadWingKnight,

Running WinXP Pro SP2. What connection settings should I have? Everything's fine when I add a torrent from an open site - it's just this one from Demonoid which isn't accepting new members that I can't add. Thank you.

Hi Switech,

I'll change that setting - didn't know it meant RAM instead of disk space.

Thanks and best wishes,

Gail

I think there is a similar error message in uTorrent which checks the disk space available against the total torrent size, but you can click OK to continue. This sounds like a different error which is associated with the operating system and not uTorrent.

First, restart your computer first and see if error appears when you open the .torrent file.

The Microsoft KB refers to 2000 Server, but I've read other ones for NT which indicates you are running too many programs for the amount of RAM you have, or your paging file is fragmented or not big enough.

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/windows2000serv/reskit/w2000Msgs/3714.mspx?mfr=true

Hi hermanm,

Yes, it's an OS error message because I don't get the option to click OK. I tried all those things you mentioned to try after I Googled the error message. No luck.

I'm wondering if maybe the last few kilobytes of my portion of the file were corrupted, or if I could have misnamed it (but without access to Demonoid, there's no way for me to recheck the torrent file name), or if I simply cannot access any torrents on Demonoid because I'm not a member.

There's no problem with any torrents at the sites I can access freely, so I'm thinking the problem is one of the above.

Thank you and best wishes, and that goes for all who tried to help me with this problem. You're all very nice folks.

Gail

Gail try demonoid next week. They limit what guests can download in one week. That will reset so you can download the few you are allowed.

While you wait, you might want to investigate Google about this:

http://www.google.com/search?q=Not+enough+storage+is+available+to+process+this+command.

There may be other discussions that resemble your specific situation more than the generic suggestion I gave you earlier.

Hi hermanm,

I'll keep checking Demonoid to see if I can register (I'm not registered, nor a guest). And I'll check out your link. Thank you. :-)

-----

Unfortunately, the link brings me to the same results I initially found when I Googled the error message.

-----

I hate to ask, but would anyone be able to give me a Demonoid Invitation Code in exchange for what I can probably give you? I would be very grateful.

If you'd like to contact me privately, my email is: the.phantomchild@gmail.com

Thanks to all and the best of wishes,

Gail

Best wishes to you,

Gail

gail22. What do you do exactly?

What .torrent file are you trying to load?

Sounds like you took another torrent and just renamed the file or something... that won't work. If you can't get the torrent from the site the only thing you can try - and that will fail for 99% of the closed trackers out there - is adding the announce url of that site to an already loaded torrent.

Hi Lord Alderaan,

What I did was to take a partially downloaded file from a different p2p, copied it, and then renamed it as I saw it listed on demonoid.

I don't know exactly how to add the announce URL of demonoid. My foremost problem is just trying to get that torrent to load into utorrent in the first place.

But - what do you mean by closed trackers? Does that mean that if I can't access demonoid I will get no trackers for the file? I still don't even know what trackers are.

I know what seeders are, I know what peers are, and I know what leeches are. that's the extent of what I know about torrent sharing.

Thank you and best wishes,

Gail

• 3 months later...

I've checked all of the references to this problem I've found on both the General and Troubleshooting forums. =|

Several consistent solutions appear: You have a FAT32 drive (no, I don't; both partitions on my 250 GB drive have always been NTFS); It's something to do with Vista (Perhaps. However, I've set uTorrent to run in WinXP compatibility mode). Perhaps it's the firewall (could be, but I'm not using a software firewall, just the one in my Netgear WGR614 V.7 router - and I've opened the port on which uTorrent listens, confirmed by its installer's port checker). :rolleyes:

Oh, and yes, I have plenty of space in each partitiion. So, does anyone else have any other ideas? :)

Well, excuse me. This is my first time trying Bittorrent. 28 hours later, I have a 3.17 GB file that won't open. None of the solutions posted to date worked. And if your standard response to newcomers is to chide them for asking questions, then perhaps I'm in the wrong place. Give yourself a shake, chum.

PS: it happens when I attempt to "open" the .uif file. I've not seen any other instance, in the other posts I've read, where it happened any other way. Have you?

I'm trying to be careful with my descriptions because I don't want to violate the rules as articulated in the announcement at the top of the page, but I'm trying to open the file with uTorrent. This 3.17 GB file with the UIF extension was one of four files in the torrent (the main one, it would seem, from the size of it). If I click on the UIF file in Windows Explorer, utorrent opens and the storage space error message appears. Within uTorrent, when I right click on the UIF file and select 'open,' the same error message (not enough storage...this command) appears.

And to make matters even more interesting, I just did a force re-check on the file, which appears in WinEx as a 3.17 GB file -- but uTorrent is now reporting 0% (instead of 100%) finished and the blue bars next to the four downloaded files have now changed to red.

Seems like uTorrent thinks the torrent and included files have gone to the land of never here...

But since you asked, it occurred to me that if you don't know what was used to attempt to open the file, then perhaps uTorrent isn't the correct program. Did a search on Google for the file extension and discovered it's for a program called MagicISO. Sure enough, the MagicISO demo was able to read the UIF file contents, but unfortunately wasn't able to save it until I bought the full version. I think my problem is solved. Thanks, DreadWingKnight!

... I asked questions first. Your initial response is understandable if you can't get your downloads to open. But strictly speaking that is not covered here. The announcement prefixed to each forum page should get that across. http://filext.com/file-extension/uif says that file you're opening is a disk image. As DWKnight said what are you trying to use? If you tried something default in windows (notepad for example) that's an expected response... it handles multi-megabyte files poorly.

Problem solved. Thanks all =D

But, as far as the last comment is concerned: "But strictly speaking [opening downloads] is not covered here. The announcement prefixed to each forum page should get that across."

Sure, I'm quite certain that would eliminate at least half of the posts I read on a variety of topics, plus nearly 100% of the posts in this thread. Gimme a break :rolleyes:

ss

• 4 years later...

Archived