Bittorrent Speed wallet stuck "updating balances"

Fate25

I have used Bittorrent speed for a while and have some BTT in the app. However since I starting using Bittorrent web I have been unable to access the in app wallet.

Whenever I click on "Wallet" on the left of the Bittorrent Speed interface. It will ask for my password. I entered that and it goes into the screen where it forever shows "Updating Balances". (Shown in screenshot below)
I have left it for hours and it is still stuck on that screen. Hence I am unable to access my BTT.

I am using Google Chrome browser, Windows 10

I have tried the following steps to import my wallet again. But the same problem appears

- Windows users:

I have searched the forum and do not see anyone with similar problems, please advise as to how I can fix this issue and access my BTT.
Thank you very much.

bittorrent speed interface.jpg

bittorrent speed wallet stuck updating balance.jpg

50 minutes ago, syntonic said:

Clear your browser's cache and cookies.  

Also you can try clearing your windows and programs cache and history e.t.c. with a program like CCleaner  

Tried clearing my browser cache and cookies twice, restarted my chrome after clearing cache. Same problem, wallet doesn't load.

I also had the same phenomenon, and the balance of BTT in-app is all gone now.
And additionally, this phenomenon can be seen after failing to move from BTT in-app to BTT on-chain.
BTTon-chain returned to BTTin-app and then reinstalled the Torrent program.
I think it's because I deleted the BitTorrent Helper folder. This folder seems to function as a typical hardware wallet. I think it's important to have a backup.

1 hour ago, EPOX said:

I also had the same phenomenon, and the balance of BTT in-app is all gone now.
And additionally, this phenomenon can be seen after failing to move from BTT in-app to BTT on-chain.
BTTon-chain returned to BTTin-app and then reinstalled the Torrent program.
I think it's because I deleted the BitTorrent Helper folder. This folder seems to function as a typical hardware wallet. I think it's important to have a backup.

There is no such a thing as a hardware wallet when it comes to Speed. The application doesn't keep any assets locally. All records are kept on the centralized Ledger or in the public chain depending on the type of data.

So erasing helper's folder is not doing any harm. Once one uses their private key or a seed/recovery phrase to import the wallet all the records and balances reconcile from the external sources.

Though, your case is quite interesting. Please mail to bttfeedback@tron.network with screenshots of your Dashboard, Transaction History, wallet's public address and a detailed description of the sequence of events led to the situation. We will do our best to help you.

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/28/2021 at 4:50 AM, techster said:

There is no such a thing as a hardware wallet when it comes to Speed. The application doesn't keep any assets locally. All records are kept on the centralized Ledger or in the public chain depending on the type of data.

So erasing helper's folder is not doing any harm. Once one uses their private key or a seed/recovery phrase to import the wallet all the records and balances reconcile from the external sources.

Though, your case is quite interesting. Please mail to bttfeedback@tron.network with screenshots of your Dashboard, Transaction History, wallet's public address and a detailed description of the sequence of events led to the situation. We will do our best to help you.

I apologise for the late reply.
Regarding the above, I sent an inquiry email to your email, but I didn't get an answer.
So, I gave up the BTTIN-app balance I lost.
Then, I created a new wallet and am working on it again.
I lost about 8,000 of the BTT IN-app balance due to an error from April 25th.
It's just a pity that there's no wallet log file.
My wallet address is as follows.
TAUUaWtoc3SWVNpHiSJ8simcEe1M1o97cU

image.png

1.png2.png3.png4.png

EPOX, I had this error too. And I lost more 10.000 BTT when translation from in-app to on-chain. I also wrote in support, so we can only wait... they will return the balance faster or all blockchain currencies will be devalued due to recent events. :D

Dear users! There is no "disappeared" tokens in the network. We caught incorrect representation of earnings/spendings in Speed. When the wallet reconciles the balances it may look like disappearance of BTT.

We are working on delivering the fixes and improving the UX.

39 minutes ago, techster said:39분 전에 테크스터는 다음과 같이 말했다.

Dear users!친애하는 사용자 여러분! There is no "disappeared" tokens in the network. 네트워크에는 「멸종된」 토큰이 없다. We caught incorrect representation of earnings/spendings in Speed. 우리는 속도에서 수익/지출의 잘못된 표현을 포착했다. When the wallet reconciles the balances it may look like disappearance of BTT. 지갑이 균형을 맞출 때 그것은 BTT의 소멸처럼 보일 수 있다.

We are working on delivering the fixes and improving the UX.우리는 수정사항을 전달하고 UX를 개선하기 위해 노력하고 있다.

techstertechster
You are completely wrong.
In fact, the screenshot above shows that 1,850 coins were successfully moved at 02:26 on April 25.
And all subsequent Coin transfers were unsuccessful, and after the failure they returned to their wallets.
However, when Coin tried to move back from IN-app to ON-Chain, the Stats said Pending, but after a long time it did not return to the wallet.

I gave up the coin I lost here.
Therefore, there is no desire to restore.
However, I wanted to let you know that Techster is misjudging.

Eventually, 6,500 pended BTTs were lost and further BTTs were lost.
If you compare it with the last Tron wallet in the screenshot, you can see the difference.

2 minutes ago, EPOX said:

techstertechster
You are completely wrong.
In fact, the screenshot above shows that 1,850 coins were successfully moved at 02:26 on April 25.
And all subsequent Coin transfers were unsuccessful, and after the failure they returned to their wallets.
However, when Coin tried to move back from IN-app to ON-Chain, the Stats said Pending, but after a long time it did not return to the wallet.

I gave up the coin I lost here.
Therefore, there is no desire to restore.
However, I wanted to let you know that Techster is misjudging.

Eventually, 6,500 pended BTTs were lost and further BTTs were lost.
If you compare it with the last Tron wallet in the screenshot, you can see the difference.

I strongly doubt it that techster misjudges or misinterprets the situation. He is quite an insider, so probably what he writes is true. However, this does not exclude two possibilities:

1. Speed Increase toggling ON all by itself - a known bug that may lead many or all of your BTT being spent;

2. Some other bug that may be not known to date. So, the best practice would be to attach the wallet.log file toghether with the screenshots, so that the support can better see what has actually happened.

It is really strange what I can see from your screenshots but all I know is that currently the entire visualization of Speed is all messed up, this is why they're working on a better UI.

2 minutes ago, boboev said:

I strongly doubt it that techster misjudges or misinterprets the situation. 나는 기술자가 상황을 오판하거나 잘못 해석하는 것이 매우 의심스럽다. He is quite an insider, so probably what he writes is true. 그는 꽤 내부적인 사람이어서, 아마 그가 쓴 글은 사실일 것이다. However, this does not exclude two possibilities: 그러나 다음과 같은 두 가지 가능성을 배제하지는 않는다.

1. Speed Increase toggling ON all by itself - a known bug that may lead many or all of your BTT being spent; 1. 속도 증가 자체로 토글링 켜기 - BTT의 많은 부분 또는 전부를 소비할 수 있는 알려진 버그

2. Some other bug that may be not known to date. 2. 현재까지 알려지지 않을 수 있는 다른 버그. So, the best practice would be to attach the wallet.log file toghether with the screenshots, so that the support can better see what has actually happened. 따라서, 최선의 방법은 지원팀이 실제로 무슨 일이 일어났는지 더 잘 볼 수 있도록 스크린샷에 wallet.log 파일을 첨부하는 것이다.

It is really strange what I can see from your screenshots but all I know is that currently the entire visualization of Speed is all messed up, this is why they're working on a better UI. 네 스크린샷에서 볼 수 있는 게 정말 이상하지만 내가 아는 건 현재 스피드의 전체 시각화가 엉망이어서 더 나은 UI를 만들고 있다는 거야.

boboev

I also want to show you the log file.
However, as I explained in the text,
I sent an email about BTT's recovery, but...
A week passed, but there was no reply, so I gave up.
To start anew, all files from that time were deleted.
I'm only keeping screenshots.
Now it's starting anew in a new wallet.

3 hours ago, techster said:

Dear users! There is no "disappeared" tokens in the network. We caught incorrect representation of earnings/spendings in Speed. When the wallet reconciles the balances it may look like disappearance of BTT.

And since you're putting it in this way,  what exactly should we see? What would be a correct representation of maximum potential earnings / spendings in a day ?  Just give us some numbers...because right now, whenever I'm using BTT Speed, it feels like going fishing...

3 hours ago, techster said:

Why is it impossible to transfer  BTT from in-app to on-chain? It's been more than a week…

Can you tell when it will be possible?

Thanks

1 hour ago, TSmith548 said:

And since you're putting it in this way,  what exactly should we see? What would be a correct representation of maximum potential earnings / spendings in a day ?  Just give us some numbers...because right now, whenever I'm using BTT Speed, it feels like going fishing...

I write slowly ... so you can understand

example 1: you are connected to 100 people of whom 1 wants to pay for the files you share. There are 50 others who share the same file. But your upload speed at that moment to it is 0% or very low and you do not win the bidding.

example 2: you are connected to 10 people of whom 1 wants to pay for the files you share. There are 50 others who share the same file. Your upload speed at this point to it is 30% or more and you win the bidding. Bidding is distributed among the winners. You collect 20%, another 20%, etc. up to 100%

Archived