WebUI v0.315

Directrix

running on IE7 Beta 3 here. Loaded with no problem whatsoever, just used http://127.0.0.1:<UTport>/gui/index.html and authenticated when it asked me to.

What does the Details.. option in the right-click menu do? If it's just to switch it to the active General page then it happens as soon as i right-click on it.

Also the refreshing in IE7 isn't working entirely, but a periodic reload/refresh isn't too much of a hassle.

F4 to hide/show the toolbar conflicts with an IE7 shortcut for opening the location pulldown.

I'm switching to IE7 RC1 in a bit, i'll report back on the functionality i have (or don't have) afterwards.

edit: my bad ICL, let me check it again. ah there it is. :P

edit2: Beta 3 to RC1 has no differences from what i can tell.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have two problems. In FireFox and sometimes in Opera, I sort of get it to work. But it's not pretty, looks like this:

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y257/Snapphane/utorrentwebuierror2.jpg

In InternetExplorer it tires to get some graphics going, but wont go futher then:

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y257/Snapphane/utorrentwebuierror1.jpg

The same loading screen sometimes show up in Opera. So what am I doing wrong? Not sure. Been working with my router a bit, but that one shouldn't be blocking it, unless it runs on some other port then the specified.

Ahh, so no IE6 - suits me fine. But still, why wont it work? Updated Opera, just in case, and manged to get a scrambled version of the graphic interface. It still says "loading" on the top of page (all that you can see) and when you scroll down there is parts of the graphic. It really makes me confused, can't find any errors =)

uTorrent exits automatically when I use both Firefox and IE7 Beta 3 , which they are stuck at "Loading", then I follow the instruction to change to URL to "/?action=setsetting&s=webui.cookie&v={}", after that, utorrent terminates

Firefox error:

Error: missing ) in parenthetical

Source File: http://192.168.0.1:8000/gui/script.js

Line: 1, Column: 36

Source Code:

(S(['torrents_start_stopped',0,'0']);

Thanks

ICleolion dont realy need help

i was tried when i made last post wasnt yet wake i guess what i was trying to say

i got stander belkin router and running windows one care for firewall that basickly nothing and i got a stander comcast cable connetion with no restrtion on it that i am aware of oh win xp pro fire fox ie6 nor oprea worked didnt even get load error

i am thinking that how there realy nothing for me to have to config it should worked right out box but yet it didnt so i guess it still a bit buggy is all

marlboro: yes you PROBABLY do need help. 99% of the people who cant get the webui working have just made a mistake somewhere. It does work pretty much straight out of the box if u follow the few simple steps correctly. So upto u, if u want to use the webui, then come get some help. If you dont want to use it, then carry on as you are.

medievil: the webui is used to remotely control utorrent from another PC.

Thanks. Works great using FireFox on PC.

Also tried on Nokia Cellphone. Built-in browser showed authentication menu and died immediately after entering id/pass. Opera browser worked somehow -- looked like snapshot Snapphane posted. Phone is 6682 running Symbian 60 v2.

Fantastic, just what I've been needing. Absolutely no problems viewing in Firefox 1.5.0.7, haven't tried it in any other browser, cos it works in the one I use.

Only thing I did notice was that if you chose to display the speed in the status bar, it sort of flashes on every so often, but most of the time display 'Done' as normal. Displays fine in the title bar though.

Thanks for this. It rocks!!

In the readme, you say "N.B: Changing the alternative listening port while using the WebUI is obviously not going to work to your advantage"

Personally, I changed it through there, and it behaved a hell of a lot better than any other web app that allows a similar operation (e.g. my bloody router). It automatically reconnected to the new url and just prompted me for the username and password again (I guess if I had got Firefox to save these, that wouldn't have even happened).

Good good. ;)

mrstick: i do believe that line in the readme only applies to those people running webui thru https.

As for the status bar speeds not appearing. Make sure you have javascript settings to allow the status bar text to change. Then turn the show speeds setting off, then turn it back on.

The screenies Snapphane posted are the result of there no being CSS applied. Not sure why yet.

I have the exactly same problem as JohnSmith. About a minute after I start µTorrent, it will crash. This never happened before in 1.6

So I don't even have time to test the WebUI. And this error is happening with or without the WebUI enabled, it doesn't make a difference.

Ahtlon64 3200+

Windows XP Pro SP2

1024 MB RAM

About 10 torrents active

I'm having the "Loading......." problem.

I'm using Firefox 1.5.0.7 and the latest version of Utorrent. It just sits on "Loading..." and nothing happens.

I tried entering the "http://YourIP:UTport/gui/?action=setsetting&s=webui.cookie&v={}" with the correct IP and when I do that I get:

1qu0.jpg

And it crashes..

okay crap, i changed nothing, but now it gets stuck at Loading... for me as well. tried clearing cache, disabling/enabling. no dice. according to uTorrent's Status log it GETs everything correctly, just doesn't do it. the Loading... page only lasted for a split second before, when i had it working. quite odd..

edit: and just as inexplicably, it works again haha. this is really intruiging!

So - got the thing to work - looks great. The problem was my patience, seems like it needed some 5 min or so to load. Left it and went away for a while and it worked when I got back.

So, is there any one who has this problem. I know my computer is a bit slow, but needing several minutes to load it, seems wierd.

But so far it looks great. Good work guys - lets hope for an offical release soon!

one50bpm: You're trying to use a non-routeable address outside of the intended lan is likely the problem. You can try till you're blue in the face and you'll never get a 192.168.*.* address to be routeable. If you don't have a static public IP have a look at dyndns.org or some such, do some reading, and start using your new cannonical name rather than an IP address (eg http://whatever.dyndns.org:8080/gui/). After that all you have to do is make sure port 8080, or whatever you chose, is properly forwarded in your router.

Archived