1.1.7.2 = perfection

Grnch

The only thing I want added to utorrent is an file dialog when you first open a torrent like with g3 and bc
I like the way it goes now. I click on a torrent on a site, choose open, and uTorrent starts downloading. I think there's no need to put another click in the procedure.

You can always choose witch torrent not to download after this, if you wish (on the files tab).

The only thing I want added to utorrent is an file dialog when you first open a torrent like with g3 and bc
I like the way it goes now. I click on a torrent on a site, choose open, and uTorrent starts downloading. I think there's no need to put another click in the procedure.

You can always choose witch torrent not to download after this, if you wish (on the files tab).

but utorrent will allocate all the files even if somes files are not needed :cry:

Agreed, I always found it a pain when I had to minimize Firefox to get my torrents going

but utorrent will allocate all the files even if somes files are not needed :cry:

.. Then delete them.

Agreed, I always found it a pain when I had to minimize Firefox to get my torrents going

.. Then delete them.

which means more clicks instead of one more, im sure if this was going to added to utorrent there could be an option for people who dont want it enabled.

I just found uTorrent I think on Saturday. I had been happy with the standard BT client, but you can't do simulaneous uploads. I switched to Azerus, it didn't take too much RAM, but Java took tons. I read about uTorrent in a Lockergnome newsletter, and tried it, because it was only 96kb and had nice screenshots.

It has almost everything I used in Azerus, so I'm not missing anything at all. Thank you very much to the great group/individual who put this thing together.

I had been happy with the standard BT client, but you can't do simulaneous uploads.

Excuse me? Of course it's possible. And since the last version (4.x.4), there is no more "3 concurrent torrents" limit.

But u cant set specific uploads for torrents. Only global exists rite?

I had been happy with the standard BT client, but you can't do simulaneous uploads.

Excuse me? Of course it's possible. And since the last version (4.x.4), there is no more "3 concurrent torrents" limit.

But u cant set specific uploads for torrents. Only global exists rite?

Well...does it really matter now, now that you've found µTorrent? :P

Well µTorrent is definitely the best minimalist client by far but I guess it's all about personal preference and my opinion is that Azureus still has superior features and performance but at the heavy cost of high system resources but I'd say µTorrent is in the top three clients along with Azureus and BitComet.

I only use Azureus now for DHT and try to avoid using it whenever possible in favour of µTorrent.

My Top 3 BT Clients

1. µTorrent

2. Azureus

3. BitComet

Well said and my sentinments exactly, I could have written this post word for word, substituting BitComet for Azureus LOL nice post

substituting Azuerus for ABC and Bitcomet for Bittornado, of course

I'm brand new to it from Az, and things look good so far. Right now, the only thing that comes to mind is a way of automatically updating ipfilter, a la Safepeer. I've seen the other threads here about ipfilter, but saw nothing that's a set-it-and-forget-about-it solution as Safepeer ends up being once you've set it up correctly. Running a separate program which affects the whole system instead of just the bt client is not appealing to me.

I'm brand new to it from Az, and things look good so far. Right now, the only thing that comes to mind is a way of automatically updating ipfilter, a la Safepeer. I've seen the other threads here about ipfilter, but saw nothing that's a set-it-and-forget-about-it solution as Safepeer ends up being once you've set it up correctly. Running a separate program which affects the whole system instead of just the bt client is not appealing to me.

You like sending other traffic to the Law?

This client is just too good to be true. The developers are doing an amazing job. My upload is 35kB/s max, this client has it at between that and 50kB/s. Uploading has never been as good for me as it is now(seems stupid but 15kB is a lot where we are, especially when you see the scandanavians in action). I just hope we aren't being set up for a big fall. They got to "The Scene" with a honey trap lest we forget! Just make sure you dont leave your technology behind when you go, (if you're not legit) because then we really will stick it to the man. Easier way out, make it open source ;)

Can the devolpers add a feature to bypass modem upload limitations, this would be really helpful in Ireland and the UK. Nothing illegal though, we cant be having that :lol:

Just want to add my 2 cents... I spend a great deal of time evaluating software, watching for those with an eye to detail and I must say "fantastic job". I am quite impressed with uTorrent thus far and it is IMO simply the best BT client available!

So, my thanks to you both, ludde and vurlix, for producing such an excellent product.

You like sending other traffic to the Law?

Absolutely. Well, on second thought, no. On third thought, I have no idea what you're talking about.

Archived