Flags

eng

only for countries, no bad things

the files flags.conf and flags.bmp only indicate ip (net, com) and give the right flags (see post #1 in this thread) and also here: http://www.utorrent.com/faq.php#What_is_flags.conf.3F

PS: eng, i can mirror your files too: www.german-utorrent.de ;)

only send them or mail me

Edited by schnurlos

I closed my uTorrent interface and reopened it. I can't tell anything about the flags. LOL It does look like the upload of my torrent is going better since I did this. It's almost like night and day.

I have two without flags.

One is a Transmission/0006 with an I.P. Addy of 12.206.57.183

The other is BitComet/0070 with an I.P. Addy of 80.233.132.36

From the above info, is there anyway to figure out what county they are from so the flags can be added to the conf?

Or is there another reason they might appear without flags?

Thanks

I can mirror it on http://german-utorrent.de

I've added those to the .conf file, if you would like to use a different URL (i.e. a more exact path) let me know.

From the above info, is there anyway to figure out what county they are from so the flags can be added to the conf?

Or is there another reason they might appear without flags?

First one is US and second is LV (both have flags) using reverse DNS lookup. I don't know why they didn't resolve for you.

Useless side note: the file is now 1337 lines long :D

Thanks eng.

If I want to use Omega's flags so I can see who really needs to be mapped how would I go about mapping the ones that aren't mapped? And how would I add the US Mapps list and the ones I discover to the conf? Also, are the flag bmps and the flag.conf links on the first page the most recent updated versions.

eng wrote: I've added those to the .conf file, if you would like to use a different URL (i.e. a more exact path) let me know.

What is the difference between what you added to the conf file and a more exact path?

LOL - I want to try to help if I can so I'm not creating more work for you.

Hi,

I have another one that won't resolve. The I.P. is 218.199.17.74 I think it works out to China and Whois.apnic.net.

He/she keeps dropping of the torrent I just added so I tried to add him/her via the peer I.P. : Port option. What happens to those people that I add? Do they now have permanent access to my port or computer?

Inquiring minds want to know. LOL

AlphaOmega, your link doesn't work.

What i found (didn't check, if in flags.conf allready):

aco.net|AT

arlberg.com|AT

atvirtual.net|AT

austria.com|AT

austriaprovider.net|AT

austrogate.net|AT

avalaris.com|AT

avaya.com|AT

bkdat.net|AT

blackbox.net|AT

business-tele.net|AT

cso.net|AT

drei.com|AT

emerion.com|AT

equant.com|AT

globalcore.net|AT

hostprofis.com|AT

ifo.net|AT

iktech.net|AT

immobilien.net|AT

interdrive.com|AT

iphos.com|AT

it-austria.com|AT

kapper.net|AT

kitz.net|AT

nemox.net|AT

omanbros.com|AT

ostry.com|AT

puerk.com|AT

quintessenz.org|AT

tiscover.com|AT

world4you.com|AT

Does anyone know the default order of the flags if flags.conf is not used?

I'm sure this is posted somewhere in this thread (probably near the beginning), but I don't feel like looking :P

AR AT AU AW BE BG BR CA CH CL CN CO CZ DE DK EE ES FI FR GR HK HR HU

ID IE IL IN IS IT JP KR LT LU LV MA MG MX MY NL NO NZ PE

PL PT RO RU SA SE SG SI SK TH TN TR TW UA UK US 00 YU ZA

A .bmp for the default order: http://www.slapmahfro.net/stuff/utorrent/default/flags.bmp

Hope that helps?

Also, are the flag bmps and the flag.conf links on the first page the most recent updated versions.

Yes, those are always the newest version, you might need to force a refresh from your browser though. In general you'll only need to download the .conf file again as the .bmp doesn't change very often.

What is the difference between what you added to the conf file and a more exact path?

That was a question intended for the people mirroring the files, you don't need to worry about it ;)

I'm gonna leave the link as is in the .conf since a direct link doesn't work as mentioned previously.

Also updated the .conf again.

Hi people,

I've copied the latest "flags.conf" file and the "flags.bmp" file from this thread and put them into the app folder, which is C:\Program Files\uTorrent, and have restarted the app and also tried pressing "Ctrl Shift R", but it doesn't seem to work... All the UK IPs still display the US flag, which means they are still unmapped, right?

Can anyone please tell me what's the problem please?

I'm using uTorrent 1.6.

PS.: By the way, I've just switched from BitComet 0.63 to uTorrent 1.6, just to try out this new client, so I'm a new user of uTorrent. The one feature of uTorrent that attracts me is it's ability to resolve IPs and display the flags of the countries from which the peers are from.

PPS: I still use BitComet every now and then. So shoot me, anyone here who hates bitcomet! LOL