Flags

eng

Yep I saw that before my post but the pbm is not solved, then I'm sry, thx anyway.

I need to know if IP resolver in uTorrent software needs to have out/incoming connections with Internet to work fine ?

Because after an update of my ADSL modem (Livebox), IP resolving is disabled even if you select it !!! Very weird.

Edited by moogly

You don't need to. If µTorrent sees the .MX, it'll automatically assume the peer is from Mexico, and will display the correct flag accordingly. The point behind flags.conf/flags.bmp is to tell µTorrent which .NET and .COM domains are from another country, as µTorrent assumes (by default) that all peers from such TLDs are US peers.

It resolves here... Are you sure your DNS is working? Are you sure your setup in Preferences for resolution is FALSE (true uses internal flag cache.. MUCH more limited than this flags.conf/bmp package)

No, all is good (prefs, modem, etc..)

But by example:

1/ this IP from Brazil is not resolved:

http://private.dnsstuff.com/tools/ipall.ch?domain=189.30.213.130

Why ? not TLD ?

2/ http://private.dnsstuff.com/tools/ipall.ch?domain=83.229.103.131

sky-vision.net is a satellite ISP and the IP is from Ghana.

But how choose the country ? Ghana or headquarters ?

Edited by moogly

1. That depends on the nameservers of the ISP and only they can answer why it doesn't resolve. The .conf can't do anything about IPs :(

2. A good question, which has come up before, see previous page for some discussion. Thus far I've been using the headquarters for domains that can resolve to multiple locations. (example)