Utorrent 1.2.2 Download Speed

Muzy

the point is that i had utorrent working perfectly then updated it the same settings i used to use dont work anymore tried various different settings as suggested on the numerous threads about 1.2.2 being slow and greedier..

and nothing changed i am going back to 1.2.1 untill 1.2.2 offers an improvement (hard to imagine) on 1.2.1

i use abc normally. and liek the post and a few others on this board. utorrent gives me slow speeds.

Every time I see one of these posts I sing my now famous song....

*cues music*

settings' date=' settings, settings, oh how we must check our settings.........

It may not work well for you out of the box but if you dig into the settings im sure you will come up with something that works for you....I did.[/quote']

you're probably right, i dont know what else to do with the settings.

i'll list what i think is important that i changed. you tell me what i need to fix.

network settings

- port: random

- global max up 65

torrent options

- global max conenctions 1000

- max connections per torrent 100

- dht disabled

advanced options

- net.low_cpu: true

- diskio.write_queue_size: 8000

my conenction: 6000/800, thats a max of 720k down and 100 up. max i've dled on torrent(s) is 700 the max i can upload is 80 but being throttled. 2.4 ghz cpu, 1 gig of ram.

also when seeding, i've noticed it'll show a down speed of 0.1 or 0.2, pretty annoying.

i want to like utorrent, it has soemthign good going for it. the smallfoot print etc... but you cant tell me im not trying to get it to work. if someone can help me, please do.

He may be right but for a the wrong reason.

Have notices the utorrent is having issues with some trackers which does affect speed.

Now when you get a tracker it likes speed can max out just like any other client.

This is the only client with this tracker issue that i have noticed and once thats gone so is bitcomet off my computer...lol.

Hi I'm new here and I've been suffering from slow speeds with µTorrent.

However, if I severally limit my upload to like a single digit, lets say 4, then my downloads maxs out in seconds.

I'm have a:

-ADSL 128k

torrent options

- global max conenctions 128

- max connections per torrent 77

- dht disabled

advanced options

- net.low_cpu: false

- net.max_halfopen 40

And everything else default.

This may have something to do with it.

It might seem strange to hear that your upload speed can directly affect your download speed, but it can, and quite dramatically. The reason behind it is based on the way the Internet works. When you download a file (or in this case, chunks of a file), your computer sends a tiny message back to the source computer, called an ACKnowledgement packet. These ACK packets tell the source computer that chunk #1 has arrived OK, please send #2. When #2 is down, it sends another, and so on. The source computer will not send #3 until it gets the ACK from #2. It uses a small amount of your upload bandwidth to do this. This works fine when downloading files off the Internet, but with P2P, you tend to upload as well.

This is why it is typically recommended that you set your upload limit to approximately 80% of your maximum capacity.

Hi from new forum and µT user here. I just noticed what some others noticed too - seems µTorrent get's me ~20-30% DL speed less then my other *xyz client does. Tried folding back to ver. 1.21 and the same the same thing occured. The port forwarding is OK (I know the rules of higher port then 10k, forwarded it OK-no prob being connectable etc.). I'm using the same port in both of my BT clients (not on both of them at the same time!) and I capped my UL speed to what is 60% of my UL bandwidth - tried all the suggestions from the variuos forum posts but it's no go atm. So I'm just switching for this particular torrent to my other BT client (µT giving me <30k DL speed, and the other one >50k DL in 2 hrs steady and rising). Upload (capped and non) is doing fine.

So, I tried another torrent, one well seeded and with almost no leechers, same thing in 2 hrs. Just for curiosity - my DL's starting rocket high in 3 mins. with µT then it slows down, with other client it does not do it at all.

Now, consider this post as somewhat "suspected bug" report or something similar and not raving at all, for I use things (prgrams) when they work for me, when they not - I simply switch to alternative that does the job if I can.

Hope this problem is going to be addressed in proper manner by coders here for µT is a beatifull lill programm and I really tend to like its GUI and great features. Just keep on working on it guys and you'll get the best BT client ever!

ps: my *xyz client is BitTornado T-0.3.10 and please don't do that arogant "you must be doing something wrong, it's not the client" thing. Been there, seen it before. Just if for you it's doing the job it doesn't mean it does for the others too. Thanks for understanding.

fevv

I don't agree with you Fevves. How come people with a 512Kb/64Kb connection or 10Mb/2Mb connection max out their bandwidth? If µTorrent was at fault, then nobody would achieve maximum speed. :| But whatever...just use what works best for you. ;)

agreed. ive never had a client that let me hit my 1 meg/sec down potential, but utorrent seems to work its magic well :P

I'm using a port in the 30,000 range and set my upload limit to 30k on a 1.5/384 ADSL and set my download to 196, and that seems to get me between 40 and 100k downloads without saturating my network bandwidth. I have it set to go to 38k when no downloads are going so that seeding is faster.Seems to perform best with only 2 downloads going at once, at least in terms of bandwidth saturation.

Bit Spirit gives me between 80-160k or so on the same system, same downloads, same torrents with the ANTI-FREEZE option enabled on the same port in that 30,000 range.

So far, Utorrent is pretty cool, but I hope I can get it to go faster. Both Utorrent and Bit Spirit have DHT, so I don't know if that would have anything to do with it.

I totally dig the fact that I can set an option to move completed torrents to a different folder like Azureus can do, and I have it set to my fastest hard drive (7200 rpm, 8 meg cache). Not sure if that matters.

Other than what is listed above, I just left everything at defaults.

I do get these strange MINUS icons that show up on the BLUE and GREEN Upload/Download things. I can't find what those mean. Does that mean it is not able to increase speeds?

Thanks

Oh - thanks - I had read through the FAQ but for some reason did not see it as the UNIVERSAL NO symbol. I had searched by MINUS. I'm sorry about that.

I guess we need a FAQ for DUMMIES... lol

:P

So, the NO symbol toggles on and off as the tracker status changes, right? Is it something to worry about? Or does it just drop in, drop out but still download?

Thank you very much.

Archived