Please increase limit of maximum piece size

Algis

When creating torrents, please add possibility in the droplist to select 8MB, 16MB, 32MB and 64MB piece sizes. Now 4MB is maximum.

I understand reasons for small pieces. But on gigabit networks with 100GB torrents and a few users 64MB piece size is just right. With only 4MB piece size, if speed is 20MB/s then its five pieces overhead per second. Not optimal. And also torrent file becomes too large.

Now instead of using Ctrl+N in uTorrent I must download separate application to create torrents just because it allows to select larger piece sizes than 4MB.

on gigabit networks with 100GB torrents and a few users 64MB piece size is just right. With only 4MB piece size, if speed is 20MB/s then its five pieces overhead per second. Not optimal. And also torrent file becomes too large.

The torrent file becomes too large? Relative to what? The 100gb torrent? :D

• 1 year later...
When creating torrents, please add possibility in the droplist to select 8MB, 16MB, 32MB and 64MB piece sizes. Now 4MB is maximum.

I understand reasons for small pieces. But on gigabit networks with 100GB torrents and a few users 64MB piece size is just right. With only 4MB piece size, if speed is 20MB/s then its five pieces overhead per second. Not optimal. And also torrent file becomes too large.

Now instead of using Ctrl+N in uTorrent I must download separate application to create torrents just because it allows to select larger piece sizes than 4MB.

i think 8MB, 16MB is enough!

not that it's impossible but are pieces larger than 4MB mentioned in the bittorrent documentation?

clipboard01gl7.jpg

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

Archived