µTorrent MiniUI

Ultima

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Interestingly, I just found out that I can indeed work around the desktop width "emulation" I was referring to in a way that won't break other browsers -- and it'll work with both iPhone and Opera Mobile. I've implemented it, and it seems to work well with Opera Mobile -- meaning the config.js is actually irrelevant now, as you no longer have to zoom in :) It'll be there for the next update, whenever that is.

2008-11-16

+ Feature: Paging/sorting/filtering/searching on files list

~ Change: Clicking "Options" while options are shown cancels changes and hides

~ Change: Mobile browsers should no longer require zooming

~ Change: Remove static page width configuration

~ Change: Slightly more reliable parsing of JSON

~ Change: Stop using fixed position for tabs/toolbar

* Fix: Guest logins can cause "Loading..." screen to block everything sometimes

See first post for the link.

• 2 weeks later...

No information is sent out to browsers until login details are presented to the µTorrent WebUI backend. "Information" includes files -- like MiniUI's HTML files. So the answer is "no."

At best, you may be able to use http://username:password@url:port/gui/ as your URL and store it in the browser bookmarks, though that'll be stored in plain text.

BlackBerry Javelin/Bold/Storm support added. The browser doesn't support GZIPped contents, though, so you'll need to extract the .gz files as described in the notes in the first post.

I would have supported the Pearl and Curve, but it seems their browsers don't support XHR. Oh well. I don't really like the prospect of re-introducing iframe loading :/ Realize that you can still run Opera Mini on either the BlackBerry Pearl or Curve, and that Opera Mini supports MiniUI superbly.

I think I need to streamline the torrents list a bit. Information overload D: If anyone's reading this... what (if any) pieces of information do you think I should tuck away from the Torrents list, into the Details tab?

I'm using this on my iphone and it's really great, just a couple of things, could you maybe put in an option to remove torrents? And maybe I've got fat fingers, but I can't click the + icons without zooming right in, maybe a bit bigger and away from the edge a bit would help. The ETA doesn't seem to work for me, just the infinity symbol. No-one else has mentioned that yet, am I doing it wrong?

Thanks for a great little app!

Indeed, removal is something I plan on doing, but it's cause for a bit of ugliness from how I'm envisioning it (not something that would prevent me from implementing, but just something I'm trying to put off to see if I can come up with something better). As it is, I don't update the UI when any action is performed (start/stop/pause/etc), and that can be confusing. It means I'm going to need to implement parsing of the torrents/torrentm keys in ?list=1, which I'm not too keen on doing (though it's also on the todo). *sigh*

The "+" link I don't actually like very much, but I'm trying to avoid any use of images. It's been at the corner of my mind the fact that it may be problematic being so small, and in such a difficult-to-click location. I'll see what I can do about it.

As for the ETA... I'm not sure. Last time I tested the ETA parsing algorithm, it seemed pretty accurate to me. I suppose I might've broken it somewhere along the way -- I'll have a peek at the code when I find some time.

Thanks for the feedback :)

Edit: Sure enough, I did break the ETA calculation. Whoops! I guess blindly attempting to generalize code without thinking isn't such a hot idea :P Fixed for the next build.

Edit: Hm, I'm wondering if I should even bother having a "+" link. Would it be better if I just changed the torrent name into a link that does the same thing as the "+" link currently does?

As you'll notice by reading the previous 3 posts, it's been reported/acknowledged. I broke the conversion function somewhere in the last build.

At any rate, I've updated the first with an update (and fix). This should have been released last Friday, but I was hoping to find more time to implement a few more things, so I delayed it. Of course, I never did find the time to work on it over the weekend, so I'll release this before it sits around for too long doing nothing (I won't have time probably for the next few weeks -- finals and all). Because of that, right now, there's no visual feedback when you perform an action on a torrent (start, stop, remove, etc), so currently, the only way to know whether the action went through is to reload the list.

(The screenshot in first page no longer fully reflects what information is actually shown in the torrent list, but I can't be bothered to update it at the moment :P)

Hi All... I have Utorrent running under WHS as a service for a while and it works flawlessly. WebUI is accessible internally as well as remotely. I have tried multiple mobile UI for Utorrent (...../gui/iphone/i.html by David Corska as well as the miniUI here by Ultima). In both cases, after being presented by Uname/password authentication, I just get a blank webpage...I have been pulling my hair out on this one... Any help or ideas?

Thanks,

TA

• 2 weeks later...

I'm attempting to get this working on my Blackberry Bold. I've had the WebUI for a while running through stunnel for a secure connection, and I recently stumbled on this post when I checked for a new WebUI version. I'm running uTorrent 1.8.1. I updated to the WebUI 0.361 along with this MiniUI (12/8/08). When using the Bold browser, it repeatedly asks for user/pass and then gives me a 401 unauthorized error. The MiniUI works on my laptop in firefox and on the Bold in Opera Mini. I'd like to use it in the Blackberry browser so I can utilize copy and paste.

HTTP Error 401 means you're entering the wrong password. It's not really something to do with MiniUI itself.

Beyond that, though, be sure to keep in mind the fact that Blackberry Browser doesn't seem to accept GZIPped content. As such, you'll need to extract the .gz files and replace the .gz files in webui.zip.

Yeah, I figured it was a password issue, but that still doesn't make sense because I know I'm entering the correct password. I have to re-enter over and over until I get that error. I fire up Opera Mini and it takes the password on the first try. I made sure to extract and replace all the GZipped files in the webui.zip. I'm kind of dumbfounded on this issue.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived